Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Shroomery censorship
    #1354308 - 03/06/03 07:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I noticed in the sponsors forum that some vendors are increasing thier prices dramatically.  One person was wondering why, and got the usual justification bullshit.

I made a post mentioning a canadian vendor who sells for a fraction of the price, with great service, won't be increasing prices, and yet it didn't get posted! :confused:

WHY THE FUCK NOT?!

(vendor was www.sporelab.com  go there if you dont want to pay for others insecurities...not everyone increased thier price!)

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Shroomery censorship [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1354341 - 03/06/03 07:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Because nonsponsors aren't allowed to advertise here, because they would be getting a free ride.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Shroomery censorship [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1354357 - 03/06/03 07:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So all the "shroomery" vendors are going to raise thier price to match, then just say it the price of doing business in the states, and who cares if other vendors are offering the same services for a fraction of the price?

I mean i understand where your coming from..... the shroomery needs its sponsors...but your effectively raising the price on spores for many people! I thought shroomery was devoted to the spread of information and spores, but i guess its just information.

Something just seems wrong when vendors raise thier price through the roof and the forum blocks alternative spore sources....its not really advertising, but dont people have a right to different sources?

Im not really mad or anything, i just dont understand....unless the shroomery is profiting also from these increased prices...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #1354367 - 03/06/03 07:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You raise some good points. Would you mind if I moved this thread to the Feedback forum where it will be seen by more of the decision-making body?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Shroomery censorship [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1354412 - 03/06/03 07:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Please do! :smile:

I was just a little put off by this, but at least some people are hearing me out.  I just think we should keep the spores and services cheap, because it helps the drugwar, allows more people to cultivate, and helps spread information of our hobby all over the world.

peace

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1354537 - 03/06/03 08:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'll adress this the best I can seeing as I'm really no longer involved in the financial side of the site or dealing with the vendors.

The few vendors that have raised there prices are doing so for their own personal reasons, there is a lot more risk to the business now and they feel its important to save up money for possible legal problems etc.. At least that is my impression of it.

The shroomery is not devoted to the spread of spores, this has at no point been in our mandate and for good reason. The spread of information is our goal, the spores are something people trade, buy, sell, etc... Those are side issues as our main mandate is and will always be education and dispelling mis-information.

Nobody is 'blocking' outside vendors, those vendors who do not advertise here have an option of paying for the option to spam their goods to this community. The community is funded by our advertising and we rely on it to survive, so the community members support our 'sponsors' as a way to keep not only the shroomery alive but to show appreciation to those vendors who support us in return.

Quote:

Something just seems wrong when vendors raise thier price through the roof and the forum blocks alternative spore sources....its not really advertising, but dont people have a right to different sources?

Vendors are raising their prices for good reason, and its far from being through the roof. I remember 2 years ago it was hard to find syringes for less than $15, most places it was around $20 a pop.. Very rarely did you see buy 2 get one free deals, etc..

Blocking information as you call it is not the case, its blocking 'spamming' of which we do not allow on the BB. If you are a paid vendor you can advertise with a banner and in the sponsors forum/marketplace forum, nowhere else.

The simple fact is how do we as a website attract sponsors to our site if we allow anyone and their dog to spam the boards to gain business for their business? We have to have rules just like any other BB that uses advertising just like Overgrow.

The Shroomery does not gain or lose by how much spores are sold at, we only get revenue from our monthly costs of the ADs to the vendors.

If people want to find alternate vendors that don't sponsor here like Max, PF, etc.. There is of course search enginges, alt.drugs.mushrooms, etc.. So people can always find other vendors if they want to, they just need to put effort into it  :grin: 

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Shroomery censorship [Re: Thor]
    #1354747 - 03/06/03 09:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The few vendors that have raised there prices are doing so for their own personal reasons, there is a lot more risk to the business now and they feel its important to save up money for possible legal problems etc.. At least that is my impression of it.

Yeah, i figured that was the case.  But most of the shroomery vendors are american based (i think), and while most of the members are american too, the canadian, and international members won't pay increased prices for american vendors security risks....

Quote:

Nobody is 'blocking' outside vendors, those vendors who do not advertise here have an option of paying for the option to spam their goods to this community.

I understand the relationship between forum and sponsor, but does any mention of alternate sources count as "spaming"?!  I mean, i didn't say "so and so vendors products are crap, if you buy from mr. blah you will get foot high mushrooms all the time".  I just gave a link for the guy to browse...just so he could compare.  What exactly is classified as spaming?

Quote:

Vendors are raising their prices for good reason, and its far from being through the roof. I remember 2 years ago it was hard to find syringes for less than $15, most places it was around $20 a pop.. Very rarely did you see buy 2 get one free deals, etc..

American vendors are raising thier price to cover thier ass.  A good reason for them, but should the customers have to pay for thier risk of business?  I mean they choose to sell mushroom related stuff and the customer doesn't see any profit.  As for prices two years ago...thats absolutely FANTASTIC that they are cheaper now....we should keep it that way!

Quote:

The Shroomery does not gain or lose by how much spores are sold at, we only get revenue from our monthly costs of the ADs to the vendors.

But isn't keeping the shroomery running in light of recent drug crackdowns, an "increased risk"?  Shouldn't the forum be charging more then to cover thier ass?!  Or is it only greedy vendors that justify this price raise security crap?

Quote:

If people want to find alternate vendors that don't sponsor here like Max, PF, etc.. There is of course search enginges, alt.drugs.mushrooms, etc.. So people can always find other vendors if they want to, they just need to put effort into it  :grin:   

That is VERY true!  But are we to not allow info sharing, or anything like that because of spaming?  I mean to me, we are all one community and i visit many forums....but its a bit of a wall to have forums sponsored by vendors because this really does slow down the spreading of information, and it becomes a competitive "market" as opposed to a freindly chat forum related to mushroom cultivation.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1354748 - 03/06/03 09:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

...sorry....double post... :blush:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Edited by Azmodeus (03/06/03 09:58 AM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1354850 - 03/06/03 10:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

>! But are we to not allow info sharing, or anything like that because of spaming?

Make a search for sporelab.com and see how often it is mentioned on the boards.
Info sharing is NOT spamming.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Shroomery censorship [Re: Anno]
    #1354867 - 03/06/03 10:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So then why would my post not have been put up? :confused:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1354911 - 03/06/03 11:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I don?t really know which post you are talking about.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1354928 - 03/06/03 11:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

That is VERY true! But are we to not allow info sharing, or anything like that because of spaming? I mean to me, we are all one community and i visit many forums....but its a bit of a wall to have forums sponsored by vendors because this really does slow down the spreading of information, and it becomes a competitive "market" as opposed to a freindly chat forum related to mushroom cultivation.

How does this slow down the spreading of information? The information is there to begin with, do a search for 'sporelab' in the Sponsors forum.

So just so I have this straight you are upset that you can't promote a vendor on a site where vendors are 'slowing' down the spread of mushroom information?

The Shroomery has big bils to pay monthly, and upgrading costs that come up every 6 months. We need to recieve AD revenue or some form of revenue in order for the Shroomery to exist. The fact one Vendor who makes money selling spores is not willing to support the community with financial support certainly tells me that he could care less about the survival of this community.

The vendor money we get allows us to grow, and I want to make one thing crystal clear; the vendors have ZERO say or influence on how this site is operated. There are numerous admins, and there is no way the Vendors are able to influence or push the Shroomery around to do anything.

Its like running a magazine in real life, we need to sell ad space and that revenue pays our bills.. The advertisers in magazines certainly don't dictate the content of the magazine.

I'm curious do you see this 'competitive market' in any forum outside of the sponsors forum? Cause that is certainly the point of that forum, and the reason it was created so we could keep it out of the community forums.

What exactly do you think should change, or are you specifically thinking is so wrong with our policies?

OfflineChills420 version2
Poo Pie Maker

#1355042 - 03/06/03 12:24 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If you could post links to outside vendors why would the paying vendors want to pay for ad's?
Someone had to pay for the server, someone has to pay the host, someone has to pay for parts to upgrade the server.

If anyone could post
"Hey http://www.spam.org has a gr8t deal on spores."
The paying vendors would be getting one broke off in there ass

--------------------

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #1355093 - 03/06/03 01:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I noticed in the sponsors forum that some vendors are increasing thier prices dramatically.  One person was wondering why, and got the usual justification bullshit.

I made a post mentioning a canadian vendor who sells for a fraction of the price, with great service, won?t be increasing prices, and yet it didn?t get posted! :confused:

WHY THE FUCK NOT?!

(vendor was www.sporelab.com  go there if you dont want to pay for others insecurities...not everyone increased thier price!) 

I?ll tell you why the not.
You entered another Vendors thread trying to spam for a Non Paying Vendor/Sponsor...is why the FUCK not!!!

I didn?t allow your post...and I didn?t have to allow your post because you were breaking the rules of the Sponsor Forum!

If someone posts in the Vendor forum asking who to buy spores from in Canada...you can post whatever the FUCK you want!!!
Including posting a link to the Sporelab.
But entering another Vendors post and spamming "ANY" other Vendor is bullshit.

This was the thread that you tried to spam for Sporelab : Click here!
Which as you clearly can see is a TLG thread.

So go back to the Sporelab and whine to Capt. Max that Roadkill spanked your  ass good for trying to spam his site in the Sponsor Forum...so I can read about it on Max?s lame ass site one more time!

I still don?t live in Canada Max...never have....never said I did.
And don?t ever plan on moving up there!

Some recent posts in the Sponsor forum asking to buy from Canadian Vendors!
Please notice that Sporelab is listed in the posts!!!
Click here!
Click here!
My favorite thread!

Plus all the threads in the Mushroom Cult that people mention the Sporelab.
Capt. Max has good product...well some think so.
If Max could have kept his mouth shut he would still be a Vendor here at the Shroomery....even if he was too cheap to pay for advertising!!!

Sounds like I need to make a ROAD trip up to Mt. Elphie and duct tape Max to a tree after making him look like this!

lolzzzz
Max I?m coming on one of your mushroom adventures real soon!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery censorship [Re: Roadkill]
    #1355106 - 03/06/03 01:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Holy Shit! LOL !!!!!!!!!

You just cracked me up so bad my drink is squirting out my nose!

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1355209 - 03/06/03 02:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ghmff....Hhahahah......  :blush:
Roadkill, that is absolutely hilarious!, im still laughing... :grin:

OK, well i didn't think i was spaming all that bad.  I just dont think people should be paying higher prices for spores when they dont have to... :tongue:

Boxtop, im sorry i spamed in your thread... :frown:

Roadkill you have issues you need to deal with, calm down bro!
I was not whinning to max, but seeing what other people of the forum thought, as my view of the shroomery is shared by many...

This is the negativity that prevents the spread of information and builds barriers between information forums!

"So go back to the Sporelab and whine to Capt. Max that Roadkill spanked your ass good for trying to spam his site in the Sponsor Forum...so I can read about it on Max's lame ass site one more time!"

When i started this thread i was a little angry because my reply wasn't posted, and i had no responce as to why.  I wanted a detailed answer, and now i understand why it wouldn't have been posted.  But roadkills outburst should shame the shroomery because this kind of disrespect should be frowned upon no matter which forum or vendor you favor.  Max does lots of work to help the mushroom and enviornmental community, and its pretty low to trash him personally when it really wasn't about him! :tongue:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1355214 - 03/06/03 02:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, well thanks for clearing that up.

I hope that clears up the confusion az had about all this.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1355231 - 03/06/03 02:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

When i started this thread i was a little angry because my reply wasn't posted, and i had no responce as to why. I wanted a detailed answer, and now i understand why it wouldn't have been posted. But roadkills outburst should shame the shroomery because this kind of disrespect should be frowned upon no matter which forum or vendor you favor. Max does lots of work to help the mushroom and enviornmental community, and its pretty low to trash him personally when it really wasn't about him!

Yeah I think it is key to avoid personal attacks, Road gets a bit excited sometimes.

I find it ironic you would be criticizing that particular thing, being that you said this over at the sporelab forums:

Well i heard it from thwhore himself! The shroomery supports its vendors and the vendors bribe the shroomery...not in those exact words, but the meaning is the same. They care more about thier bribes than the members and dont give a fuck about the price increase.

So 'kettle black' anyone?

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1355286 - 03/06/03 03:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well you dont give a fuck about the price increase...

What?! your upset i mispelled your name? :wink:
there its better now! :smile:

'kettle black'  :confused:

[edit] I'm entitled to my opinion.  But there are also alot of good things here,  if there weren't i wouldn't post here anymore.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Edited by Azmodeus (03/06/03 03:34 PM)

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #1375318 - 03/14/03 07:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I know this doesnt relate to this topic but THOR, those are teh best icons on the bottom of your post. I love them!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order