Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Welfare:( [Re: memes]
    #13381322 -

meams said:
:shrug:  - while I can see why most of the shroomery would hate you for turning them in - I can see why you do it.  THis is the problem with welfare:  those below the cutoff line are incentivized to stay below it, and those right above it (=bluejay) are disincentivized to work because they can do less and live much more comfortably while sucking from the State Tit



Which is a huge bait to cause high/post schoolers to just drop out and become leeches, and that's pretty bad. We don't need more leeches.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay] * 2
    #13381327 -

blujay said:
What. The. Fuck. I work 3 jobs, about 60 hours a week, go to college, and have absolutely nothing to show for it



You're getting an education, you have a car, and a place to live. You say you struggle to keep food supplied yet you're buying a $40 halloween costume to go to a festival? Lol.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay] * 2
    #13381352 -

Lets see what you accomplished:
-Welfare is still the same
-The same amount of money will still be wasted
-Tax you pay is still the same
-You ratted on 4 people who had no effect on your life

Sorry but that's just a cunt move, the entire action is purely to hurt 4 specific people.

All I can say is grow up ffs :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: biff]
    #13381355 -

biff said:
maybe everybody should scam welfare. nothing bad could come of that. well played OP you are the only one in a position to make a judgment call about that situation. don't listen to those calling you a narc.



Mass abuse of the welfare system might sound like a fun way to overthrow a well-rooted political system, except they'll just pull the plug.

I'm not saying there aren't legitimate users of the welfare system, in fact I am sure they outnumber the people who abuse the system, it's just that I feel we need some system of accountability (citizens refusing to tolerate their fraudulent neighbors) to keep these idiots from dragging us all under. Right now, everyone I talk to defends people like these, which is driving me nuts because it just isn't how things should work.

It would be nice if one of the functions of our government worked as intended, you know>? Oh, right, one of them does- the IRS.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay]
    #13381372 -

blujay said:
blewmeanie said:
blujay said:
.

I don't get free money. They shouldn't either.



How are those college grants coming along? Are they helpful at paying tuition to your federally subsidized college? :smirk:



Oh you mean the money I have to pay back or the money the college over-charges and probably shouldn't have to in the first place except they pay their employees for an entire year while they only work session half of it? Entire different can of worms, to be opened in a different thread.

If the college system isn't maintainable without federal grants that's a whole issue that needs to be addressed on it's own.



It's a little off topic, but just because you're not in school doesn't mean people aren't working. I used to work for UF and I can assure you that all of those breaks the students get to take are used by the staff to get caught up on everything.

Anyway, my point was, it's completely legitimate for you to be upset about someone scamming the system, since it hurts all of us. However, don't make this out to be about "free money", because you're sucking off uncle sams teat too. We all are. This is about fraud, not welfare.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #13381380 -

AlmostAsCoolAs said:
blujay said:
What. The. Fuck. I work 3 jobs, about 60 hours a week, go to college, and have absolutely nothing to show for it



You're getting an education, you have a car, and a place to live. You say you struggle to keep food supplied yet you're buying a $40 halloween costume to go to a festival? Lol.



A festival. A party, bizzarre use of synonyms.

I realize the hypocrisy in that statement. The fact is though, if I don't do something for me every god damn three months or so, life gets really depressing. I only stuggle to keep food supplied when I spend my money in a dumb way, and then I suffer until the next paycheck. Like anyone should. These guys buy whatever they want, whenever they want, with the knowledge that the moment they get back to work they can steal food from the company they work for, and go home to suck the government's teet while they use thier paychecks for pot, booze, etc.

My car is a piece of shit. You don't even know. Nobody would buy it, not for five dollars. I keep it together with duct tape and toothpicks (literally).

My education isn't going so well, even though I do all the work and get good grades, because I find myself in a situation where no matter what major I pick my prospects more or less blow. I'm considering just becoming an auto repair mechanic, at least that's something I'm sure I could handle and would be a very valuable skill to have.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13381382 -

You did a good thing by turning them in. Now maybe someone who needs wellfare can use it. Obviously with all the shit they have they dont need it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay]
    #13381389 -

So what have YOU gained from this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: thePatient]
    #13381403 -

I agree with the OP. Welfare should not be a way of life. Its for people that have hit hard times. I live in one of the most expensive states in the US and $400 a month buys a lot of food. At about $1600 per month....well that doesnt make any sense. Nobody can eat that much. This is a total misuse and abuse of the system. A system that is supposed to help people, not completely support them. My family was very poor growing up, we got food stamps, commodities, the "Government Cheese". But my mom and dad always worked. And our house was always clean. And if we wanted something we couldnt afford, then we just didn't get it. As a result I feel like Ive learned to be a responsible member of society. I think the OP did the right thing. I want my taxes that are going into the system to be used the way they were intended.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: wildernessjunkie] * 1
    #13381428 -

I don't see any difference between what the OP did and what a narc does.

My first conviction came from a shitty neighbour that believe smoking cannabis was wrong... didn't affect her... but it is illegal and she thought it was wrong then dobbed me in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: Chubba]
    #13381447 -

Because it does affect him, they were/are stealing from all of our collective pockets. Well, not yours, because it isn't your tax money being blown on tv's and weed by a bunch of bums.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: Chubba] * 1
    #13381449 -

Chubba said:
So what have YOU gained from this?



sweet...sweet satisfaction :whoo:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blewmeanie] * 1
    #13381468 -

Quote:
Because it does affect him, they were/are stealing from all of our collective pockets.



Yet absolutely NOTHING in his life has changed as a result of his action.

Quote:
sweet...sweet satisfaction :whoo:



Exactly, all he can get from ratting on them is some type of satisfaction that their life will become harder :shrug: Just doesn't sound nice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay] * 1
    #13381470 -

blujay said:
It recently came to my attention that some people I know are not only using the food stamps, but doing it massively fraudulently. There are four of them, living in a trailer- up to their knees in their own filth, hardcore weed addicts, each with a job at a fast food place within walking distance. These people would put pot before food, seriously.

So, they already bring in a good amount of money and not having to pay for food, the trailer nets 400$ for food stamps each week. I had never thought about it before because they never had any food in the damn hellhole, but then this guy asks me if I want to buy out his vision card. Then it struck me:

Here I am, sitting here about to go work one of my three jobs, I can barely afford my rent, car insurance, bills, while I eat my last gala apple and try to pick through the canned goods in my pantry to figure out how I'm going to make it until next Thursday (hint: I'll be really hungry) and getting ready to borrow 40$ or so from a girl so I can get a costume for this crazy huge Halloween drunk fest before they all get sold. Meanwhile, three of four pseudohobos just bought the Droid 2.

What. The. Fuck. I work 3 jobs, about 60 hours a week, go to college, and have absolutely nothing to show for it every item I have of any value my parents helped me buy save sub-200$ items like my speakers, glass coffee table, bong, and those types of purchases are maybe once a year for me. Every time someone talks about college they tell me how unnecessary it is and how it's not required for everyone to make a decent wage anymore. Nice to tell me that after I've enrolled and got in debt so far that if I back out now my every living possession and all of my money will be forfeit. I can't even buy new shoes in good conscience, and there are these people with two PS3's doing a lan-championship on their two 40+" flatscreens that they bought with money that should have gone to bills, food, etc.

I turned them in. I hope they lose everything, they deserve nothing.



wow OP your fucked

Why are you getting so jealous over what some degenerates have, do you really covet there material possessions so much that you have to fuck there lives over just to get a small sense of satisfaction that they will be a little lower to your grade of living condition`s now

There smart there playing the system it aint harming anything other then your ego, your a worse person then any of those greasy fucks will ever be cause your a sneaky little narc who likes to bring people down for no other reason then to make you feel slightly better about your own shitty life.


--------------------
War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it.-George Orwell-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: Chubba]
    #13381482 -

My life also doesn't change if you murder someone on the other side of the world. That doesn't make it justifiable though. A thief is a thief, no matter who they're stealing from.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: Enigma of Ankou]
    #13381483 -

Quote:
wow OP your fucked

Why are you getting so jealous over what some degenerates have, do you really covet there material possessions so much that you have to fuck there lives over just to get a small sense of satisfaction that they will be a little lower to your grade of living condition`s now

There smart there playing the system it aint harming anything other then your ego, your a worse person then any of those greasy fucks will ever be cause your a sneaky little narc who likes to bring people down for no other reason then to make you feel slightly better about your own shitty life.



Spot on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: Chubba]
    #13381490 -

yeah, smoke weed and get money. This generation is going places.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: Chubba]
    #13381496 -

Chubba said:
Quote:
wow OP your fucked

Why are you getting so jealous over what some degenerates have, do you really covet there material possessions so much that you have to fuck there lives over just to get a small sense of satisfaction that they will be a little lower to your grade of living condition`s now

There smart there playing the system it aint harming anything other then your ego, your a worse person then any of those greasy fucks will ever be cause your a sneaky little narc who likes to bring people down for no other reason then to make you feel slightly better about your own shitty life.



Spot on.



they're not smart for playing the system. they're just degenerate fucks. everyone could play the system, not like it's hard. fuck them. i would have turned them in too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: Chubba]
    #13381498 -

Chubba said:
I don't see any difference between what the OP did and what a narc does.

My first conviction came from a shitty neighbour that believe smoking cannabis was wrong... didn't affect her... but it is illegal and she thought it was wrong then dobbed me in.





i think we all agree that weed being illegal is 100% ludicrous, and that we all agree welfare and the services designed to help those in poverty should be used strictly for those people rather than potheads trying to take the easy way out.


though i wouldn't have reported em because all in all the system is fucked and that one group of stoners does nothing to help the problem as a whole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: Chubba]
    #13381503 -

Chubba said:
I don't see any difference between what the OP did and what a narc does.

My first conviction came from a shitty neighbour that believe smoking cannabis was wrong... didn't affect her... but it is illegal and she thought it was wrong then dobbed me in.



Interesting viewpoint, but I don't really agree that those two cases are the same.  Anyone who pays taxes should at least feel annoyed about this. Like I said, I don't think I personally would have turned them in but it is not cool that people who are on welfare can live better than people who work. Something should be done about it, but turning in 1 house doesn't help much.  :shrug:


--------------------
Leaving the shroomery forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New York and Welfare and Drugs.
( 1 2 all )
Eshu 1,061 26 03/19/11 07:45 PM
by dshow
* Welfare drug testing.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
destructo_low 8,432 127 02/15/11 10:57 PM
by Learyfan
* Welfare, Leeches, and YOU.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
Morgenstern 9,557 327 08/12/11 07:50 PM
by DeadHearts
* z
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
Almond Flour 8,264 194 09/26/11 03:20 PM
by The Ecstatic
* punishment for hard work and welfare as a reward for lazyness
( 1 2 3 4 ... 28 29 )
imachavel 17,418 563 08/16/15 07:55 PM
by imachavel
* Work Harder, People on Welfare need a diving board mozartvicious 615 7 08/06/08 02:06 PM
by mozartvicious
* Ahh....The Welfare System
( 1 2 3 all )
Madtowntripper 3,355 51 01/01/09 12:55 PM
by truekimbo2
* Welfare
( 1 2 all )
learningtofly 1,548 38 10/30/09 10:52 PM
by Mistress Misty

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,822 topic views. 3 members, 4 guests and 146 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 18 queries.