Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Welfare
    #11340173 - 10/28/09 06:54 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Vouchers or just a straight up check? Which do you think is more effective and why?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Welfare [Re: learningtofly]
    #11340203 - 10/28/09 06:59 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Vouchers or just a straight up check? Which do you think is more effective and why?

Neither. If you don't work and are not a productive member of society, you should starve.

If you are a brood sow or a sperm donor/deadbeat dad, you should be beaten and left to rot.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineScruffy404
Stranger
Male

Loc: BC Flag
Re: Welfare [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #11340228 - 10/28/09 07:02 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

learningtofly said:

Neither. If you don't work and are not a productive member of society, you should starve.

If you are a brood sow or a sperm donor/deadbeat dad, you should be beaten and left to rot.

Agreed :laugh:

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#11340260 - 10/28/09 07:07 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Australia welfare is insane.

I've probably recieved ~$50,000 so far in the past 7 or 8 years... probably 3/4 via studying and the other 1/4 through unemployment.

You get awesome welfare if you study at university, ~$250 a week for nothing.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#11340587 - 10/28/09 07:55 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

learningtofly said:

Do you get how welfare works? A lot of states require you to have a job (with certain exceptions such as students and single mothers)

What do deadbeat dads and sperm donors have to do with anything?

--------------------

Edited by learningtofly (10/28/09 07:56 PM)

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#11341070 - 10/28/09 09:16 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

a check duh!  then u can spend it on droogz and ackahaul  :rockon:
theres enough food in the dumpster!

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Offlinelazyfingers
grrr
Male

Re: Welfare [Re: DeadPhan]
    #11341123 - 10/28/09 09:23 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

"Vive tu vida, no la mia"

this means telling people they should die, hahahaha

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#11341157 - 10/28/09 09:28 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DeadPhan said:

If you get a gift from your grandparents, would you take a sweater or a check?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#11341159 - 10/28/09 09:28 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

learningtofly said:

Do you get how welfare works? A lot of states require you to have a job (with certain exceptions such as students and single mothers)

What do deadbeat dads and sperm donors have to do with anything?

Yes. I understand all too well how welfare works. Not all states require anything other than breathing to collect.

Single mothers on welfare = brood sows (in some cases)

Students on welfare = leeches.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#11341192 - 10/28/09 09:33 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Quote:

DeadPhan said:

If you get a gift from your grandparents, would you take a sweater or a check?

as above
altho, my grandparents usualy get me gift certificates
they are pretty smart

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Welfare [Re: lazyfingers]
    #11341201 - 10/28/09 09:36 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lazyfingers said:

Not very good with Google I see.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#11341248 - 10/28/09 09:43 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lazyfingers said:

It means live your life, not mine.... wtf are you talking about

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#11341288 - 10/28/09 09:48 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

how does that mean telling people they should die
and regardless
whats the relavance of either
u know, i was kidding around
kinda  :tongue2:

--------------------

Offlinelazyfingers
grrr
Male

#11341384 - 10/28/09 10:04 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

"If you don't work and are not a productive member of society, you should starve."

Live your life, not mine

It's hypocritical because he feels the right to tell people they should die, but he has something telling people they shouldn't tell him how to live underneath. I guess telling people how to live and how to die is different, but that's why i laughed.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#11343427 - 10/29/09 05:15 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lazyfingers said:
"If you don't work and are not a productive member of society, you should starve."

Live your life, not mine

It's hypocritical because he feels the right to tell people they should die, but he has something telling people they shouldn't tell him how to live underneath. I guess telling people how to live and how to die is different, but that's why i laughed.

It's not hypocritical at all. Live your life, don't expect me to pay for it.

It's a shame you are unable to get it.

A dictionary could be your friend if you used one.

--------------------

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male User Gallery

#11343608 - 10/29/09 07:36 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Checks. Get as many as you can and then laugh at the squares who spend their time working, because technically they are working for you now.

InvisibleM.Reynolds
Capt. of Serenity
 User Gallery

Loc: Orbiting Deadwood
Re: Welfare [Re: DimensionX]
    #11343717 - 10/29/09 08:50 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Students can get welfare? 

You mean I spent all those years eating ramen noodles and chicken dogs* when I could have been eating real noodles and real hot dogs. 

If I was receiving welfare I would want a check; as a person paying for other peoples welfare, I prefer food stamp cards. 

I also wish that the cards couldn't be used for fast food or cakes/icecream/potato chips/candy/too many of something not healthy. 

I went to walmart a few months ago, and noticed that the very large lady in front of me had a food stamp card and a cart full of potato chips and hot dogs.  It was like her whole cart!  If we're paying for her kids and her to eat, they should eat healthy so we don't have to pay for the health problems that their obesity is going to cause.

*if anyone doesn't know, chicken dogs cost less than 80 cents for 10 of them.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
    #11343735 - 10/29/09 08:58 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

Whoopsi!  There's a big problem with your argument.  Without welfare - you would be even MORE incovenienced by these 'dredges' fo society.  Think about it.  Boom - there's no more welfare:  what happens?

-People starve?  HA!  Not likely.  Sure, a few will.  Mainly the children and elderly.  Most likely crime will skyrocket, women will start selling themselves to provide food for their childrens, STD rates would skyrocket, home invasions would increase exponentially, religious organizations and food shelters would be overwhelmed and/or overrun, and you'd have to deal with sooo many people begging for money (let's hope they beg for it and don't outright take it from me).

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Welfare [Re: M.Reynolds]
    #11343739 - 10/29/09 09:01 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

M.Reynolds said:
Students can get welfare? 

You mean I spent all those years eating ramen noodles and chicken dogs* when I could have been eating real noodles and real hot dogs. 

I perked up at this too.  I just ate a rolled up slice of lunchmeat (ham) for breakfast :facepalm:

And the answer to this thread is obvious:  a check.  It's the same principle that explains we have a general income tax instead of individual taxes on goods.  Called the lump sum principle - look it up.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Welfare [Re: memes]
    #11343787 - 10/29/09 09:16 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

meams said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

Whoopsi!  There's a big problem with your argument.  Without welfare - you would be even MORE incovenienced by these 'dredges' fo society.  Think about it.  Boom - there's no more welfare:  what happens?

-People starve?  HA!  Not likely.  Sure, a few will.  Mainly the children and elderly.  Most likely crime will skyrocket, women will start selling themselves to provide food for their childrens, STD rates would skyrocket, home invasions would increase exponentially, religious organizations and food shelters would be overwhelmed and/or overrun, and you'd have to deal with sooo many people begging for money (let's hope they beg for it and don't outright take it from me).

There is zero problem with my answer. The problem comes from people feeling entitled.

Quite frankly, if you want to take care of the leeches, invite one to live with you. If all the liberal asswipe do-gooders took one home.... the problem would go away.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub