Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: Shroomism]
    #6696362 -

Shroomism said:
So do you have to have illegitimate kids to get on welfare?

Cause I work about 50 hours a week, rent on my place is cheap as fuck for the area I'm living in (I'm paying about 1/2 of what normal people pay for rent in this area) But that's just because we live in an old shitty ass broken down house, split between 3 people. And on my income after rent and bills I barely have enough money left over to feed myself. Food is "luxury money".. I average about a meal a day. If I was paying normal rent prices around here I'd be fucked. I would like to take advantage of this money system that my tax dollars support, so I don't have to struggle for survival every week.

God forbid I ever have an emergency and have to go to hospital or something.
You'd think they would have programs for people like me, but no. I'm just fucked.
Whores can get pregnant all year long and just soak up the free shit while sitting on their lazy asses, meanwhile I'm working my ass off in a struggle for survival always trying to catch up but always just falling behind. There has to be a better way.



That sums up my situation, nearly word for word. I work 40 hours a week, more when I can get extra hours. I was going to school full time, but got too far into debt, and had to quit halfway through the semester to pick up more hours at work. I make just enough to cover my bills; even on a payment plan, community college is no longer an option. Working hard to break even, or slowly slip further into debt leaves little hope for the future.

Welfare aside, our government needs to implement a program to help citizens that have a job, but don't make enough to get by.


>>God forbid I ever have an emergency and have to go to hospital or something.

I pay car insurance every month for the past five years because it is mandatory. I've never been in an accident. I've had no medical, dental, etc insurance for over 3 years because I can't come close to affording the smallest plan. I've been able to take care of myself thus far, but any serious injury and I'm good as dead. WTF, I say.


--------------------

Edited by AuroricDistortions (03/21/07 06:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #6696411 -

Everyone needs a hand up at some point. Welfare fraud is pretty easy to fix. And the rich collect more welfare then anyone else. That's the bigger problem.

Corporate welfare, for the already wealthy. And the tax breaks the very rich get.

Personal welfare is no where close by comparison.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6696539 -

One of my co-workers is on food stamps because he doesn't get paid enough to support his kid and his wife's seizure medication. Not everyone one welfare is a leech, or even unemployed.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: memes]
    #9525389 -

If I gave you two million dollars a year just to make sure that you take care of the very problem that warrants two million dollars a year, you wouldn't really do a good job now would you? Of course not, then I'd fire your ass when the problem was solved and take away your comfy two million dollar a year salary. I'm not saying these guys are paid that much, but I wouldn't work at a good job just to make sure I didn't have it next year...


--------------------
You'll see if you just close your eyes...

Edited by Rewrite (12/31/08 08:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: Rewrite]
    #9525481 -

god, i dont want to get sucked into a welfare debate.. but my position is that its immoral, and is not sustainable economically.

but i wanted to interject, that if you use federal reserve notes, none of it is worth anything

welfare is destined to fail because it functions on an increasing deficit, and monopoly money





--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: DNKYD]
    #9525535 -



yes the welfare system is fucked and has been fucked for a long time.  I feel it has its place, but if we would actually take back all the people that are illegally cashing in on it or don't deserve it and enforce the rules around it I bet it woudl be CHEAPER for us than it is now.  I would bet over half of people on welfare do not deserve to be.  There should also be a time restraint, you shouldn't be allowed to suck off of society forever, it is not hard that hard to find a full time minimum wage job...i personally have not been out of work for longer than 2 weeks since i was 15 years old...having many jobs.

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9526240 -

Looters and second-hand profiteers are a bane on society.

I've seen too much abuse of the welfare system in my life to believe it does any good.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: Crasher]
    #9526323 -

didn't read thread. 

after clinton welfare sucks unless you have kids, and you can't stay on it indefinitely, i think its like 6 months, then another 6 months if you prove you were looking for a job.
I don't know if it varies state by state, but here in new york they look for jobs for you and you have to accept them to continue to get welfare.

  i make about 6000 a year and i qualify for 100$ a month in foodstamps.  government housing is often super shitty
a) area of town
b) neighbors
c) apartments
and it can take years of being on a waiting list to get into one.

lower welfare, crime increases.

education reform is the answer, not cutting welfare.

edit: i have no idea why people rant against welfare.  seems like completely irrational bitching to me.  You really want our country to look like india with begger children everywhere with their limbs cut off and shit so they get more money?

honestly, bitch about government inefficiency, waste, corruption and the terrible state of the education system plz.

honestly i want to keep railing against people who just spout bullshit about welfare being terrible. i would say if you think
a) people stay on welfare for a long time
b) that people without disabilities or kids get anything remotely life sustaining from welfare.
c) that most welfare recipients are black
d) that a significant number of welfare recipients are abusing the system

then you have no understanding of the facts and you really should learn more about things before you start coming up with bullshit opinions based on your homespun folksy wisdom about work ethic.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (01/01/09 03:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: truekimbo2]
    #9526667 -

i was going to stay away, but truekimbo, your post is full of lies, misunderstanding, and fundamentally skewed perspective.  I think this debate ENDS with the fact that welfare is government enforced theft.  The governments role is to protect someones rights, not trample all over them.

heres a couple major points about why welfare is bad.

welfare is an insanely inefficient system of redistribution of wealth.  it is not the governments role. 

welfare is immoral and evil, because you are extracting someones money through violence to support another. 

the government takes the majority of the money that goes in.  very little is actually seen by the applicant.

it is a tool of the government to expand their power, and decrease freedom.  in other words, it is a device of tyranny.

bureaucracy and free riders take large economic tolls, and cripple the system.

welfare functions upon a annually increasing disparity between money paid out and money taken in.  it doesn't have the money to support current welfare recipients until they collect from future recipients, thus creating a cycle of deficit.

the very monetary system in which welfare is based upon is broken.  the money has become nothing but a number in a computer somewhere, and whenever the government needs more money, they simply change the number. 

welfare violates a number of economic laws, and is bound for collapse. 

welfare is the epitome of a nanny state issue, and a constant talking point for politicians running for office.  "Any excuse will serve a tyrant"




i'm having a hell of a time pulling up this quote, so i'll have to summarize it for you.

"when a nation takes from those who have earned, and gives to those who are not willing to, tyranny is right around the corner. "



People should work for what they have, and keep what they have earned.  It is this fundamental rule of free market economics that has lead us to the world we live in today with so many commodities, and high standard of living.  When you choose to abandon the capacity to grow in favor of false equality, you will get the equality of despair.


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: anyone420]
    #9526680 -

welfare is for losers :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9527349 -

Madtowntripper said:
So I'm a pretty rabid liberal. 



Madtowntripper said:
This whole thing is just outraegous to me.  Why am I paying a shit-ton of taxes to support this high-school dropout baby factories pill-popping and cell-chatting?
This should be illegal.



maybe you're realizing you're not so liberal after all :shrug:


--------------------
_______________________________________________________________
namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped
_________________________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ahh....The Welfare System [Re: Boom]
    #9527360 -

Quote:
You really want our country to look like india with begger children everywhere?



As to inefficiency of the welfare system, i don't know much about that, and i would agree with you that waste in spending is always bad.

Quote:
welfare is immoral and evil, because you are extracting someones money through violence to support another.



its called the social contract bro. consider moving to a country that doesn't put alot of money into welfare.  Unfortunately except for japan its probably going to be relatively shitty undeveloped country, since industrialized nations have found welfare to be necessary.

I don't know where you're getting your idea that free market economics is the moral imperative, since no one is willing to try it because its batshit crazy. In fact, I would guess that history proves in free markets those with power and influence immediately find ways to increase their wealth through unfair gain.

  Welfare has been around in the US since the 1800's, welfare didn't stop us from all the growth we did.

Quote:
"when a nation takes from those who have earned, and gives to those who are not willing to, tyranny is right around the corner. "



I'm not saying its great or ideal.  Don't get me wrong, i would love if we lived in a world where welfare wasn't necessary.

i just feel like a lot of people who criticize welfare seem to know nothing about the reality of it, and to have a lot of facts wrong.
i feel like people just grumble about it because its an easy target, seeing as so many people seem to be talking about the welfare system from the 70's i'm guessing people are just mimicking their parents and elders.
I don't know, yeah not making alot of money is shitty, and yeah paying taxes is shitty.  honestly though there are so many things better to badmouth than welfare.

  i could be a douche for thinking this, but when people start spouting misinformed opinions about welfare i tend to immediately think "racist".
  I don't see how people could hate the disabled, single mothers with no education and those with mental disease and call them lazy.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What does a Vermont Driver's License look like (Trying to screw the system) StrandedVoyager 2,734 7 07/25/05 01:34 AM
by Fospher
* Welfare Joke ForestTrip 754 7 06/25/05 12:00 PM
by ForestTrip
* A good strong immune system ToTheSummit 702 5 04/19/05 10:29 PM
by Skunk420
* ahh.. i finally got the internet again lukeboots 1,057 5 09/02/04 03:52 PM
by lukeboots
* take down the system
( 1 2 all )
headset 1,748 26 08/26/05 12:58 PM
by headset
* Anyone else a System of the Down fan?
( 1 2 all )
2Experimental 2,026 22 10/11/04 07:49 AM
by Shroomism
* My new system for my car. mndfreezeMDiscordReddit 1,439 14 09/25/05 06:23 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Question about THC leaving yer system.
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 2,560 29 12/04/05 06:13 PM
by KaptKid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,355 topic views. 5 members, 34 guests and 108 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.