Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Welfare:( * 1
    #13381201 -

It recently came to my attention that some people I know are not only using the food stamps, but doing it massively fraudulently. There are four of them, living in a trailer- up to their knees in their own filth, hardcore weed addicts, each with a job at a fast food place within walking distance. These people would put pot before food, seriously.

So, they already bring in a good amount of money and not having to pay for food, the trailer nets 400$ for food stamps each week. I had never thought about it before because they never had any food in the damn hellhole, but then this guy asks me if I want to buy out his vision card. Then it struck me:

Here I am, sitting here about to go work one of my three jobs, I can barely afford my rent, car insurance, bills, while I eat my last gala apple and try to pick through the canned goods in my pantry to figure out how I'm going to make it until next Thursday (hint: I'll be really hungry) and getting ready to borrow 40$ or so from a girl so I can get a costume for this crazy huge Halloween drunk fest before they all get sold. Meanwhile, three of four pseudohobos just bought the Droid 2.

What. The. Fuck. I work 3 jobs, about 60 hours a week, go to college, and have absolutely nothing to show for it every item I have of any value my parents helped me buy save sub-200$ items like my speakers, glass coffee table, bong, and those types of purchases are maybe once a year for me. Every time someone talks about college they tell me how unnecessary it is and how it's not required for everyone to make a decent wage anymore. Nice to tell me that after I've enrolled and got in debt so far that if I back out now my every living possession and all of my money will be forfeit. I can't even buy new shoes in good conscience, and there are these people with two PS3's doing a lan-championship on their two 40+" flatscreens that they bought with money that should have gone to bills, food, etc.

I turned them in. I hope they lose everything, they deserve nothing.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay]
    #13381224 -

Just live your own life, if you want handouts go get handouts :shrug:

Why get angry about someone else? You're bringing yourself down for no reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay] * 1
    #13381248 -

blujay said:
I turned them in. I hope they lose everything, they deserve nothing.



This feels bad man. You should not "in good conscience" tried to fuck these people over because they have a small illusion of comfort that you covet.

:feelsbadman:

Everyone has their own lessons to learn, you shouldn't judge or be jealous of these people because you work so hard to sustain yourself. Instead, you should feel proud about pushing thresholds and overcoming struggle.


--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: Chubba]
    #13381255 -

Chubba said:
Just live your own life, if you want handouts go get handouts :shrug:

Why get angry about someone else? You're bringing yourself down for no reason.



Because the money I pay when I pay taxes on the money I make working is going into their pockets - which I don't have that big a problem with - except that these people don't need it. A pregnant widow can get up in here and eat the food right out of my pantry any day.

Also, if they were honest they wouldn't be able to get the money anyway, so hopefully ther group is about to get a big kick in the nuts in the next few days because I made a few phone calls.

I don't get free money. They shouldn't either.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay] * 1
    #13381257 -

Narc.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: thePatient]
    #13381268 -

thePatient said:
blujay said:
I turned them in. I hope they lose everything, they deserve nothing.



This feels bad man. You should not "in good conscience" tried to fuck these people over because they have a small illusion of comfort that you covet.

:feelsbadman:

Everyone has their own lessons to learn, you shouldn't judge or be jealous of these people because you work so hard to sustain yourself. Instead, you should feel proud about pushing thresholds and overcoming struggle.



Are you people American? You have no problem buying food and pot for people who could be doing it with their own money but would rather have an extra 360? What if the government was just buyign them PS3's with your money? Would that be OK then?

I didn't try, I probably did. I met these guys finding some weed, I could give a fuck less about them.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: thePatient] * 4
    #13381271 -

Fuck what these hippies say OP, you did the right thing.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #13381275 -

AlmostAsCoolAs said:
Narc.



I cannot fucking believe you people, this is not a victimless crime we're talking about. I would never narc someone for drugs. This whole shitty economy thing? Yeah you might want to think about that before defending welfare dirtbags.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay]
    #13381278 -

Quote:
Because the money I pay when I pay taxes on the money I make working is going into their pockets



A small fraction does, definitely not enough to get worked up about.

Quote:
I don't get free money. They shouldn't either.



I don't see why it matters? Are you trying to compete?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13381279 -

blewmeanie said:
Fuck what these hippies say OP, you did the right thing.



lol - the "right" thing is absolutely subjective


--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay]
    #13381281 -

blujay said:
Chubba said:
Just live your own life, if you want handouts go get handouts :shrug:

Why get angry about someone else? You're bringing yourself down for no reason.



Because the money I pay when I pay taxes on the money I make working is going into their pockets - which I don't have that big a problem with - except that these people don't need it. A pregnant widow can get up in here and eat the food right out of my pantry any day.

Also, if they were honest they wouldn't be able to get the money anyway, so hopefully ther group is about to get a big kick in the nuts in the next few days because I made a few phone calls.

I don't get free money. They shouldn't either.



I don't know if I would have turned them in but I can't say I blame you.

You should have blackmailed them to give you half their foodstamps :thumbup:


--------------------
Leaving the shroomery forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay]
    #13381285 -

:shrug:  - while I can see why most of the shroomery would hate you for turning them in - I can see why you do it.  THis is the problem with welfare:  those below the cutoff line are incentivized to stay below it, and those right above it (=bluejay) are disincentivized to work because they can do less and live much more comfortably while sucking from the State Tit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay] * 2
    #13381286 -

blujay said:
.

I don't get free money. They shouldn't either.



How are those college grants coming along? Are they helpful at paying tuition to your federally subsidized college? :smirk:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: thePatient]
    #13381292 -

thePatient said:
blewmeanie said:
Fuck what these hippies say OP, you did the right thing.



lol - the "right" thing is absolutely subjective



You just keep telling yourself that. Remind me to rob the shit out of you and call it subjective, if we ever meet.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13381294 -

blewmeanie said:
Fuck what these hippies say OP, you did the right thing.





Thank heebus someone understands. I am all for the hippy mentality, stealing is not part of the hippy mentality, which is what they do with their entire way of life.

Frankly, I hope it doesn't lead lockup for them finding drugs or whatever the repercussions for this type of fraud are, I would wish that on noone, but they do not deserve food stamps.

I get the feeling a lot of people do this, too. It seems to becoming more and more acceptable to live on government support these days even when you don't need it and I find that disturbing. That is not a renewable/sustainable approach to financing a goddam country.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13381298 -

blewmeanie said:
blujay said:
.

I don't get free money. They shouldn't either.



How are those college grants coming along? Are they helpful at paying tuition to your federally subsidized college? :smirk:



I wonder how many of the people smirking at you are on welfare.  Yeah an education is totally equivalent to some extra gaming systems (sarcasm) :smirk:


--------------------
Leaving the shroomery forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13381301 -

blewmeanie said:
thePatient said:
blewmeanie said:
Fuck what these hippies say OP, you did the right thing.



lol - the "right" thing is absolutely subjective



You just keep telling yourself that. Remind me to rob the shit out of you and call it subjective, if we ever meet.




Are you robbing me so that you can feed your starving family?
I would then welcome you into my house and show you to my fridge.


--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blujay] * 1
    #13381305 -

Quote:
Are you people American? You have no problem buying food and pot for people who could be doing it with their own money but would rather have an extra 360? What if the government was just buyign them PS3's with your money? Would that be OK then?



I can't take government expenditure seriously, if it wasn't wasted on this it would be wasted on something else.

The money collectively going to this trailer would struggle to cover even a fraction of a basic soldiers salary :shrug:

Governments waste money, it's what they do :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13381314 -

blewmeanie said:
blujay said:
.

I don't get free money. They shouldn't either.



How are those college grants coming along? Are they helpful at paying tuition to your federally subsidized college? :smirk:



Oh you mean the money I have to pay back or the money the college over-charges and probably shouldn't have to in the first place except they pay their employees for an entire year while they only work session half of it? Entire different can of worms, to be opened in a different thread.

If the college system isn't maintainable without federal grants that's a whole issue that needs to be addressed on it's own.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare:( [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13381318 -

maybe everybody should scam welfare. nothing bad could come of that. well played OP you are the only one in a position to make a judgment call about that situation. don't listen to those calling you a narc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New York and Welfare and Drugs.
( 1 2 all )
Eshu 1,061 26 03/19/11 07:45 PM
by dshow
* Welfare drug testing.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
destructo_low 8,432 127 02/15/11 10:57 PM
by Learyfan
* Welfare, Leeches, and YOU.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
Morgenstern 9,557 327 08/12/11 07:50 PM
by DeadHearts
* z
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
Almond Flour 8,264 194 09/26/11 03:20 PM
by The Ecstatic
* punishment for hard work and welfare as a reward for lazyness
( 1 2 3 4 ... 28 29 )
imachavel 17,418 563 08/16/15 07:55 PM
by imachavel
* Work Harder, People on Welfare need a diving board mozartvicious 615 7 08/06/08 02:06 PM
by mozartvicious
* Ahh....The Welfare System
( 1 2 3 all )
Madtowntripper 3,355 51 01/01/09 12:55 PM
by truekimbo2
* Welfare
( 1 2 all )
learningtofly 1,548 38 10/30/09 10:52 PM
by Mistress Misty

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,822 topic views. 1 members, 21 guests and 76 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.