Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #13359254 -

I had a mormon substitute teacher one time that spent the whole class period preaching to us...I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that only 144,000 people can go to heaven or something like that.


--------------------
Leaving the shroomery forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: Shroomerette]
    #13359263 -

i like that mormons beleive you still go to heaven if your a good person but athiest. just not the same heaven as theists


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: Legend]
    #13359302 -

Theyre bat shit crazy. I was born and raised in utah. My dad is an architect for the church and helps with designs/plans for buildings/churches/temples. I havent talked to him in years, and dont plan on it anytime soon..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #13359316 -

Most are pretty fucking crazy... in beliefs at least - otherwise many of them are quite hard working, intelligent people who for the most part actually follow their own doctrine. :shrug:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #13359317 -

They also don't let women become pastors
Quote:
An official declaration of the Church states, “every faithful, worthy man in the Church may receive the holy priesthood, with power to exercise its divine authority, and enjoy with his loved ones every blessing that flows therefrom, including the blessings of the temple. Accordingly, all worthy male members of the Church may be ordained to the priesthood without regard for race or color.”
(Doctrine and Covenants, Official Declaration – 2, 294)



From http://www.mormon.org/

:thumbdown:


--------------------
Leaving the shroomery forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #13359351 -

I_was_the_walrus said:
Theyre bat shit crazy.



You got that right!!

Nice people for the most part..but yeah they're totally nuts.

And I only had to read the preface to the book of mormon to see how it's all complete bullshit. its pretty clearly written.


Joseph Smith sees an angel. This angel tells him to spread his word or some BS and to get people ready for the 2nd coming of Christ/Judgement Day, which will happen IN HIS GENERATION(Joseph Smith's).

This is what the angel tells him.
That this will all happen in his generation.


sooooo....yeah..what the hell happened with all that mess?

Don't trust angels.


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: thoughts]
    #13359469 -

I was raised Mormon.  The church is harder to get away from than others because there's such a strong social network there.
The premise of the religion is basically to be the best person you can be, and Mormons seem to take that to heart more than most other religions.  That's why they don't drink alcohol or take any sort of drugs, they don't cuss, they don't watch R rated movies, etc.  I think that makes sense, it's just not something most people want to do.  I'm certainly not happy living that way.
Most Mormons are really nice people and I've got a lot of respect for the ones I know.  They're pretty much always a bit naive, but they usually try to be pretty upstanding citizens and neighbors.

If you don't agree with them, just tell them.  Explain why you feel differently, if you want, or drop it.


--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: thoughts]
    #13359491 -

iwasaClown said:
I_was_the_walrus said:
Theyre bat shit crazy.



You got that right!!

Nice people for the most part..but yeah they're totally nuts.

And I only had to read the preface to the book of mormon to see how it's all complete bullshit. its pretty clearly written.


Joseph Smith sees an angel. This angel tells him to spread his word or some BS and to get people ready for the 2nd coming of Christ/Judgement Day, which will happen IN HIS GENERATION(Joseph Smith's).

This is what the angel tells him.
That this will all happen in his generation.


sooooo....yeah..what the hell happened with all that mess?

Don't trust angels.



That's no more nuts than any other religion.  You can rag on Mormons all you want, but it's not so different compared to Catholicism, Judaism, Hinduism, Baptist(ism? heh)  or whatever else you throw out there.  It's all God and Angels and things that most here accept to be made up.


--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: jenns_hot]
    #13359508 -

Well the major difference I see is how persistently and strongly they enforce their beliefs on their kin.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: jenns_hot]
    #13359520 -

Oh no, yeah they're all pretty ridiculous.

I just had to :facepalm: at how it is so cleary written in the begining of the book that the foundation of the entire religion is complete B.S.

and people will still follow and believe?:dudewtf:


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Edited by thoughts (10/19/10 08:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: twighead]
    #13359535 -

twighead said:
Well the major difference I see is how persistently and strongly they enforce their beliefs on their kin.



This is true. Unfortunately, free thought is often discouraged.


--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: thoughts]
    #13359546 -

The only thing that I dislike about religion is they are based on people thousands of years ago when people actually were on the earth displaying these rules and miracles. Yet today when we need it most, we do not have these people to visually show us these miracles.

where the fuck is the guy that splits the red sea?

where is this flood that can take over the world and we can all live on a motha fuckin boat?

wheres the dude that can walk on water?



If I saw this with my own two eyes, I might have a different opinion. But until then, I chose to live my life as best as I can, and treat the earth and its inhabitants of all forms as best as I can without the fear of damnation being involved.


--------------------
.....Healing Of People Everywhere.....


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #13359569 -

I grew up across the street from a mormon family.
When I say that they were mormon, i mean they were MORMON.
They took EVERY SINGLE WORD to it's fullest.

Let me describe it;
So when my family moved across the street from them, they had 8 children.
Each of these children would wake themselves up at 5 AM and begin doing chores. They would compete throughout the week to do the most chores for the reward of one diet caffeine free pepsi.
By the time I was about 10-11 years old. They were up to 12 children and MOVED to a mansion (the father was a computer expert) because they ran out of room for their kids. The last I heard, they're now up to 16-17 children.

These kids were straight up fucking weird.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: anarchOi]
    #13359662 -

:rofl: i've met a couple families like that.  There were three big families at our church: one with 9 kids, one with 8 kids, and one with 7 kids.  Those families were all pretty weird.

I have four brothers and sisters.  We're not so weird though and don't sound at all like what you described.


--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #13359681 -

j0nnyb0y05 said:
where the fuck is the guy that splits the red sea?




He's been dead now for the past 2 1/2 years. Here's his obituary.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: jenns_hot]
    #13359688 -

Tell them you read Moroni 10:3-5 and prayed on it.

The Lord came to you in a vision and told you that Mormonism was not the correct path and that you should slam the door on the missionaries.

You can embellish the second part as much as you want; just be sure to quote the Book of Mormon while you do it. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #13359702 -

j0nnyb0y05 said:
The only thing that I dislike about religion is they are based on people thousands of years ago when people actually were on the earth displaying these rules and miracles. Yet today when we need it most, we do not have these people to visually show us these miracles.



Well, Joseph Smith was alive a little under 200 years ago. :smile:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104253/joseph-smith-part-1


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #13359867 -

I was mormon for the majority of my life as well, and the fear of ostracism from my friends and family that I'm not part mormon anymore has prevented me from telling most people yet. in my opinion, missionary work is not aimed at conversion, it's just "spreading the word" so that in the eternities you cant say you didn't hear the truth as a scapegoat to get into heaven, the bulk of the church comes from mass mormon breeding.

I went on a mission, I went to the temple, I was sealed to my wife in the temple, but the fact remains it's all a bunch of bullshit and I will never forgive the church for how it's ripped my family apart.

if anyone has any question about mormonism and the truth of it you can pm me and I'll tell you whatever you want to know. also if you want to buy some temple clothes off me we can make a deal in a pm, I have no use for them anymore.
http://denver.craigslist.org/clo/2015501608.html

Edited by Inu (10/19/10 10:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: Inu]
    #13359892 -

Tell us more.:yesnod:

Is their main objective to take over the world?


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Talking to mormons [Re: thoughts]
    #13359958 -

essentially, yes. mormonism is a self sufficient form of government just like islam is, they feel that at the second coming of christ, Jesus will rule the earth for a thousand years under mormon law, also, during this millenium satan will be bound and unable to tempt, so you won't have the ability to change your mind on the subject on religion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite!
( 1 2 all )
Druginduced 5,332 33 07/13/22 03:59 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Mormons, why?
( 1 2 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 2,664 33 08/21/05 08:30 PM
by Skunk420
* Funny as shit - Grand Celestial Do : The Fighting Art of the Cosmos KungFu_Shaman 3,671 9 03/04/06 01:13 PM
by KungFu_Shaman
* I'm bored again so I'm talking here. =/
( 1 2 all )
thenewuser 2,929 36 03/29/05 04:12 AM
by RJLR
* Which shroomerites to you talk to?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 7,670 80 02/07/05 03:26 PM
by BigNerd
* Anyone like to talk with strangers?
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 4,133 32 07/06/05 10:03 PM
by flowstone
* My talk with the racists at stormfront.
( 1 2 all )
JiminiCricket 11,351 28 04/19/15 10:31 AM
by zappaisgod
* Starting small talk Corporal Kielbasa 1,201 12 10/19/04 11:52 AM
by ChingChong

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,409 topic views. 3 members, 28 guests and 217 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.