Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite!
    #4257421 - 06/04/05 10:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I noticed a few people ehre mentioning being raised as a Mormon! I was also! Were you?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite! [Re: Druginduced]
    #4257442 - 06/04/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I was raised to think for myself :smile:

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite! [Re: Druginduced]
    #4257443 - 06/04/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Are you the guys that send them kids out on cheap mountain bikes dressed in short-sleeve white shirts, ties, and name tags?

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite! [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4257445 - 06/04/05 11:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Those are Jehova's witnesses. What they witnessed I really do not know. I wish they'd peddle their asses into oncoming traffic.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4257446 - 06/04/05 11:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

When was the first time you experienced:

caffeine
nicotine
marijuana
shrooms/lsd

I'm curious.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite! [Re: DNKYD]
    #4257453 - 06/04/05 11:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
Those are Jehova's witnesses. What they witnessed I really do not know. I wish they'd peddle their asses into oncoming traffic.

No I think those are the Mormons. I always drive by those Jehovah's Witnesses buildings and I'm always curious what goes on in there. I wonder if they accept new members. Can you only join if you witnessed something? Is there a catch??

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite! [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4257463 - 06/04/05 11:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mighty Bop said:
Are you the guys that send them kids out on cheap mountain bikes dressed in short-sleeve white shirts, ties, and name tags?

Yes-indeedly-do, neighbor! :grin:

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite! [Re: DNKYD]
    #4257464 - 06/04/05 11:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:

you are lucky! I wish I had that opportunity in life.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #4257469 - 06/04/05 11:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mighty Bop said:

Yes, thats the Mormon's. Yes, I was raised a Mormon. Yes, I was pretty much brainwashed to believe in it all for about 20 years. Yes, I was one of those guys out riding my bike around in a shirt and tie.

No, I don't regret any of it. It helped make me the man I am today (which, ironically, is someone who doesn't believe in God).

ToTheSummit-circa 1988

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4257470 - 06/04/05 11:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Mormons may do it too. I have had many Jehovas witnesses badger us at our doorstep trying to pry their way in so they can "save us" or whatever bullshit it is they want to do. They are fucked up.

Male

Re: Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4257474 - 06/04/05 11:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Add alcohol to that. I guess I mean age-wise. What led you to stray from the teachings of the church?

My sister had a couple of Mormon friends, at her college, and the other mormons on campus went to cult-like lengths to ensure their fellow mormons didn't stray. It was eerie.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4257476 - 06/04/05 11:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:rotfl:  That should be your avatar dude.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4257478 - 06/04/05 11:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RydawgSupreme said:
Quote:

DNKYD said:

you are lucky! I wish I had that opportunity in life.

Sadly many people do not. Parents feel the need to push their beliefs on their kids instead of laying options on the table and saying something to the effect of "figure it out for yourself".

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4257483 - 06/04/05 11:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
:rotfl:  That should be your avatar dude.

:grin:I had considered it.  But if I ever changed my avatar I wouldn't be able to find my posts!

--------------------

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4257495 - 06/04/05 11:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
When was the first time you experienced:

caffeine
nicotine
marijuana
shrooms/lsd

I'm curious.

I dont remember when i first experienced caffeine, its hard to recall a first soda with caffeine. If you talk about purposely "trying" caffeine in order to get a stimulating effect, then I did not try caffeine until I was 18 or so and tryed caffeine pills when I was 20 or so.

Never tried nicotine until I was 19 I believe! And I only did it so I would be able to smoke weed without never smoking anything before and looking like an idiot!

marijuana I never took part in until I was 21! It has helped me deal with depression in a way much greater than any prescription drug I have been prescribed. My little brother introduced me to it. I then split an eighth with him and that was gone quickly. Then I purchased an ounce of chronic and a vaporizer. Vaporizers easily let you get 3x the use out of your weed compared to smoking it! I like them!

Shrooms were the first drug that I ever tried! (except alcohol and caffeine, of course!) Yes I tried shrooms before marijuana! I hear that is quite rare. I havent been lucky enough to know anyone who could get LSD, and i dont have equipment or desire to create it myself!

EDIT:

I didnt try alcohol until 17. Also, I had sex before ever taking drugs!

Edited by RydawgSupreme (06/04/05 11:23 PM)

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4257506 - 06/04/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
Parents feel the need to push their beliefs on their kids instead of laying options on the table and saying something to the effect of "figure it out for yourself".

I see a lot of that. I never felt that my parents pushed anything on me, they just showed me what they believed in and didn't expose me to any other options. So basically I wasn't exposed anything else that may have shaped my beliefs at a younger age. All my family was Mormon, most of my friends were Mormon, and much of my time was spent doing Mormon-related activites (scouting, youth functions and dances, church related schooling, etc.) So its hard to not believe in something when everyone around you tells you it is true all the time. Especially as an impressionable youngster.

--------------------

Male

#4257519 - 06/04/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Cool man, thanks for the detailed response. :thumbup:

I'm really interested by you and this. :laugh:  Can you tell me more about your desire to expand consciousness?  How it felt to make that transition from one mindset to another, and how long you felt that transition lasted before you polarized more in another direction?

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: Fellow (ex/jack/"I say I'm mormon when someone asks me my religon")Mormons Unite! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4257535 - 06/04/05 11:29 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm really happy the way my parents (Especially mom) raised me.

She was culturally Jewish, spiritually she was an atheist, still is, doesn't believe in it. But she wasn't an active atheist, so it wasn't like a belief system to her so she never pushed it on me. I remember being 13 and asking her "Do we believe in God?" and she told me that she didn't, and my father didn't, but that we could make up our own minds. That's a powerful memory! She's a cool chick the more I think about it.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4257536 - 06/04/05 11:30 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Add alcohol to that. I guess I mean age-wise. What led you to stray from the teachings of the church?

My sister had a couple of Mormon friends, at her college, and the other mormons on campus went to cult-like lengths to ensure their fellow mormons didn't stray. It was eerie.

What I would say caused me to stray from the church is honestly praying to god exactly how you are taught in sunday school (this was multiple times during about a whole school year) that he would help me to make friends in middle school. (I was a disaster of depression and social anxiety in middle school during this time. And I still am by the way! Except not as severely.) Well after many prayers that went unanswered and the loneliness that ensued (not to mention horrible psychological effects, as well as stunted social development), my faith in teh church began to falter.

Male

#4257545 - 06/04/05 11:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Intense. I'm on a kick right now where "connection" is my favorite word. To me it's the theme of life...separated things trying to make connections to make sense of all this. So that really resonates with me.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Community >> The Pub