Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use?
    #13216821 -

Anything to make life healthier.  Looking for vitamins that could increase overall health and  mood.


Thanks. :ganja:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13216845 -

100 mcg of GHRP-2 and Mod-GRF(129) injected subcutaneously before bed. Mmm mm mmmmm :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #13216944 -

vitamin c - 4grams a day
A and E - 1 a day
magnesium - 1 a day (might give you the shits though it will reduce anxiety and general nervousness)
B vitamin complex - 1 a day
A good multi-vitamin a couple of times a week

fresh fruit and vegetables every day

0 soft drinks every day


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: Roker]
    #13217578 -

If you eat a varied diet, I really don't think you need to supplement vitamins/minerals.

They are good to have around for when you know you won't be in control of your diet, but if you eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (of lots of different colors) every day, you will be receiving plenty of what you need.

I guess if you have the money you can go ahead and eat that stuff every day, but I think it's a waste!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: wellage]
    #13218371 -

Roker said:
vitamin c - 4grams a day
A and E - 1 a day
magnesium - 1 a day (might give you the shits though it will reduce anxiety and general nervousness)
B vitamin complex - 1 a day
A good multi-vitamin a couple of times a week

fresh fruit and vegetables every day

0 soft drinks every day



How did you come upon this compilation of vits, if you don't mind sharing?

wellage said:
If you eat a varied diet, I really don't think you need to supplement vitamins/minerals.

They are good to have around for when you know you won't be in control of your diet, but if you eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (of lots of different colors) every day, you will be receiving plenty of what you need.

I guess if you have the money you can go ahead and eat that stuff every day, but I think it's a waste!



I think this is true to a certain extent, but in order to get *everything* I think we would have to be eating an extremely varied diet. I might have not have had an ideal diet, but a couple years ago when I started eating multivitamins, I didn't have a crappy diet and taking multivitamins basically resurrected me. For all intents and purposes I "woke up" after eating vits.

This is the multi I use:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Adam-Superior-Men-s-Multi-120-Tablets/380?at=0

I take two multi's a day and four of these:

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-RxOmega-3-Factors-Pharmaceutical-Grade-120-Softgels/2717?at=0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: fazdazzle]
    #13218466 -

Carlson brand Fish oil has a tremendous effect on my mood and ability to concentrate/organize/stay positive.

I've been off it, because i was traveling during the summer - and notice the change in how my mind is.

I highly recommend it.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: PDU]
    #13218608 -

personally a multi-v is a multi-v to me, just take that and your omega 3-6-9

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: Solving Ennui]
    #13219250 -

I take a multivitamin and eat lots of tuna. Seems to help out. More energy mostly.


--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: circastes]
    #13221422 -

I think we're finding more and more that pill vitamins are not as good as real food vitamins.  Maybe even useless compared to real sources.  Google "vitamin D" and you'll see it's one of the best things you can put into yourself and it's free from the sun.  You don't hear much about that because no one can sell you sunlight. 

Another one is vitamin E.  I get it from a scoop of wheat germ every day in my oatmeal.  Never get tired of it.  Or you can cut up a banana in a bowl, throw in a dollop of peanut butter, some honey and your scoop of wheat germ.  Tastes better than it sounds.  The vitamin E in it is like gold.

Fish oil is the real deal.  Take it every day. 

Multi-vitamins in pill form are mostly placebo and mostly a waste of money.


--------------------
Patience.  Discipline.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: fazdazzle]
    #13221470 -

fazdazzle said:
Roker said:
vitamin c - 4grams a day
A and E - 1 a day
magnesium - 1 a day (might give you the shits though it will reduce anxiety and general nervousness)
B vitamin complex - 1 a day
A good multi-vitamin a couple of times a week

fresh fruit and vegetables every day

0 soft drinks every day



How did you come upon this compilation of vits, if you don't mind sharing?

wellage said:
If you eat a varied diet, I really don't think you need to supplement vitamins/minerals.

They are good to have around for when you know you won't be in control of your diet, but if you eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (of lots of different colors) every day, you will be receiving plenty of what you need.

I guess if you have the money you can go ahead and eat that stuff every day, but I think it's a waste!



I think this is true to a certain extent, but in order to get *everything* I think we would have to be eating an extremely varied diet. I might have not have had an ideal diet, but a couple years ago when I started eating multivitamins, I didn't have a crappy diet and taking multivitamins basically resurrected me. For all intents and purposes I "woke up" after eating vits.

This is the multi I use:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Adam-Superior-Men-s-Multi-120-Tablets/380?at=0

I take two multi's a day and four of these:

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-RxOmega-3-Factors-Pharmaceutical-Grade-120-Softgels/2717?at=0



read anything by Linus Pauling (nobel prize winner - chemistry and peace) for info on vitamin C. It keeps the arteries supple and reduces arterial plaque. Most Heart disease is low level scurvy.

Vitamin A gives you good skin. Vitamin e is an excellent anti-oxidant.

Magnesium because the majority of people are deficient in this essential element and it has huge importance in the bodies metabolism.

Much of the food that is available is nutrient poor (you can google this, the FDA have tables that show the steady decline in available nutrients in food over the last 60 years).

A good quality multi-vitamin is gold. Don't believe the hype about them being a waste of money. There are numerous double blind studies on multi-vitamins and they will keep you healthier. Most of the anti vitamin propaganda comes from organisations that are subsidised by big Pharma. These bastards have no desire to see a healthy, drug-free population!

If you take nothing else, keep taking a good multi-vitamin!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: glshemp]
    #13221564 -

glshemp said:
I think we're finding more and more that pill vitamins are not as good as real food vitamins.  Maybe even useless compared to real sources.



Source? Who is we?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: feifen]
    #13224103 -

Yea, there are all kinds of studies that show vitamins and supplements have huge effects. Check out the immortalist institute.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: Epigallo]
    #13224307 -

I bet you that the bioavailbility increases over time too as your body knows what to do with it, thats just an assumption though based on the body likes routine (a variety, but a routine nonetheless)

I've been taking a multi vitamin for a long time.. can't see it hurting

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: feifen]
    #13224584 -

Not sure about that. I know there are a lot of things that you have to cycle on and off or else the body "gets used" to them, but that is in therapeutic dosages. As far as nutritional dosages go, I have no idea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: Epigallo]
    #13226793 -

turmeric, cayenne, ginkgo are good too. rhodiola, licorice root..


--------------------
i love you ♥

you are beautiful! :rockon:



COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: owls]
    #13226975 -

don't forget... so wonderful to eat a lil piece of garlic every day... does reduce the number of bug bites you get among other things

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: Solving Ennui]
    #13227173 -

but then there is no where you can safely fart.

which makes me think, maybe add a fiber supplement to the list.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: Roker]
    #13227838 -

Roker said:
fazdazzle said:
Roker said:
vitamin c - 4grams a day
A and E - 1 a day
magnesium - 1 a day (might give you the shits though it will reduce anxiety and general nervousness)
B vitamin complex - 1 a day
A good multi-vitamin a couple of times a week

fresh fruit and vegetables every day

0 soft drinks every day



How did you come upon this compilation of vits, if you don't mind sharing?

wellage said:
If you eat a varied diet, I really don't think you need to supplement vitamins/minerals.

They are good to have around for when you know you won't be in control of your diet, but if you eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (of lots of different colors) every day, you will be receiving plenty of what you need.

I guess if you have the money you can go ahead and eat that stuff every day, but I think it's a waste!



I think this is true to a certain extent, but in order to get *everything* I think we would have to be eating an extremely varied diet. I might have not have had an ideal diet, but a couple years ago when I started eating multivitamins, I didn't have a crappy diet and taking multivitamins basically resurrected me. For all intents and purposes I "woke up" after eating vits.

This is the multi I use:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Adam-Superior-Men-s-Multi-120-Tablets/380?at=0

I take two multi's a day and four of these:

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-RxOmega-3-Factors-Pharmaceutical-Grade-120-Softgels/2717?at=0



read anything by Linus Pauling (nobel prize winner - chemistry and peace) for info on vitamin C. It keeps the arteries supple and reduces arterial plaque. Most Heart disease is low level scurvy.

Vitamin A gives you good skin. Vitamin e is an excellent anti-oxidant.

Magnesium because the majority of people are deficient in this essential element and it has huge importance in the bodies metabolism.

Much of the food that is available is nutrient poor (you can google this, the FDA have tables that show the steady decline in available nutrients in food over the last 60 years).

A good quality multi-vitamin is gold. Don't believe the hype about them being a waste of money. There are numerous double blind studies on multi-vitamins and they will keep you healthier. Most of the anti vitamin propaganda comes from organisations that are subsidised by big Pharma. These bastards have no desire to see a healthy, drug-free population!

If you take nothing else, keep taking a good multi-vitamin!



After reading research on Alzheimer's disease and then an article I read recently on reactive oxygen species contributing to the rupture of blood vessels (stroke, heart attack) I thought, hey maybe there actually is something to this antioxidant hype. I then started considering supplementing vitamin E, and realize, where's it going? How is it going to make it to all the millions of locations where oxidation is occurring?

So I talked to my biochem professor today and started talking about antioxidants and asked him if he thought supplementing vitamin e or any antioxidant would really be worth it and he said no, he didn't think so because there's no selectivity. He said maybe nanotechnology could solve that somehow. After I talked to him I looked up vitamin E supplementation on pubmed and the second article I found was that *only* tocotrienols help and they've only been found to help with nanotech delivery systems.

I think I'm just going to continue with my multi's, fish oil and try and eat healthier and not get stressed out. Behavioral stress has been linked to metabolic oxidative stress ---> free radicals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: fazdazzle]
    #13228648 -

so anti-oxidants do absolutely nothing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can anyone recommend some good vitamins for daily use? [Re: Solving Ennui]
    #13229341 -

They do; they stop oxidation.

The problem is getting them to places where oxidation is happening. This is happening throughout your entire body.

This makes me wonder how effective dietary antioxidants are...it's probably just a do what you can scenario, where adding antioxidants in every once in a while can help, but it might not. My prof said oxidation is just a consequence of being alive.

I dunno, I'm open to seeing some studies showing antioxidant supplementation efficacy, if anyone has some.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Looking for good vitamin recommendations.. RESTLESS 973 3 03/24/06 03:26 PM
by mushiemountain
* Vitamins And Supplements LordSenate 3,490 18 01/17/07 02:54 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* vitamins? PurpleKush 1,499 8 02/14/07 09:40 PM
by browndustin
* Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner. natu 5,078 17 05/01/06 06:04 PM
by browndustin
* vitamins for 19 yo female
( 1 2 all )
wearejellyfish 4,289 30 04/27/07 03:44 PM
by usg543
* Vitamins NuperSova 911 7 03/08/05 01:27 AM
by stefan
* Cure for Cancer & Other Diseases through Simple Food & Vitamins
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 11,199 58 10/21/13 01:42 AM
by Icelander
* Vitamins! adamj 1,196 10 05/23/06 07:45 PM
by Gomp

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
3,922 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 17 queries.