Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner.
    #5483088 - 04/05/06 02:11 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Yo yall. So, what do you know about good vitamins and minerals and such for a smoker of marijuana? :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner. [Re: natu]
    #5483480 - 04/05/06 04:09 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Same vitamins and minerals as regular human beings?

If anything.. stoners may need to get a little more B vitamins. Possibly omega-3s.
So that means eat a sweet potato and some almonds.

Just eat lots of fruits and vegetables. A wide variety. Grains, nuts, beans, fish. Stuff like that. Drink lots of water.

--------------------

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner. [Re: Shroomism]
    #5485430 - 04/06/06 04:00 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Good advice. Simply eating a wide range of good foods is the best thing to do...the odd vitamin suppliment doesn't do any harm though. Although I would not take them daily as many of them suggest. Too many pills is hard on the liver and kidneys.

Something I read in a cook book recently is that eating an acidic fruit, such as and orange or a kiwifruit, straight after a meal, increases the level of absorbtion of the nurtients from that food. Particularly iron from meat.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner. [Re: zee_werp]
    #5485613 - 04/06/06 08:11 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Yes, fruit is the shit. That's one reason.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner. [Re: Shroomism]
    #5485951 - 04/06/06 09:59 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Sweet potatoes and yams are the fuckin bomb. Not only do they taste excellent but they're packed with complex carbs, vitamins and I think minerals. Who knows, I'm too lazy to google it.. but they're good for you and actually taste really fricken delicious. I eat them as much as possible.

You should invest in some omega fatty acids as well as flax seed oil. You can buy these in little gelly capsules, or in actual oils. I use oils in my shakes, but I usually get the capsules because it's easier. You need essential fats and anti-oxidants, especially seeing as how they're not only neglected by the masses, but we honestly don't know what kinds of effects weed has. Unfortunately no one's got the time or money to seriously research marijuana, and organizations like NIDA provide absolute bunk to scientists if they're even lucky enough...

A good supplement I took while I smoked a lot of weed was lecithin. There was some forum banter about it being the ultimate stoner supplement, so naturally I researched it and tried it out. I think it worked! Lecithin's a great choline source and not only helped to keep my mind sharp, but apparently is good for the liver and manic/cognitive purposes as well! Coolies.

Lecithin's a fat soluble phospholipid and is usually derived from plants like soy (Soy lecithin's actually in a lot of shit, read your food wrappers and you're bound to see it!). Our bodies are able to synthesize some choline, but our fucking generation's so messed up that most people can use a helping hand. I'm not usually so spent on all these bogus supplements as I've tried my share, but I think it's all right to pitch $10 for a huge bottle of the stuff. Kind of a strange fact, but if you take a few grams a day you'll have massive jizz wads. :P

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineParabolalala
Stranger
    #5539715 - 04/21/06 12:05 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I also read that lechitin is a great stoner supplement, however, i have not felt any difference. Are you supposed to take it everyday? How much must you take?
I bought it because there was a 50 page overgrow.com thread full of people testifying to its effects...(supposedly gets you higher, keeps your mind sharper, gives you bigger loads lol)

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner. [Re: Parabolalala]
    #5540074 - 04/21/06 03:48 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

fruits are good, but not as good as vegetables, or sugar-free foods. dont get me wrong, i LOVE fruit.. but fruit must be eaten in moderation, like anything else high in sugar.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner. [Re: Parabolalala]
    #5541418 - 04/21/06 03:43 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Take lecithin daily. I hear you should take it a couple of times a day but again, that's just hearsay.

I think you could take flax seed oil, or just start cooking with real flax seeds. They're a great antioxidant. I've been making sure that I have a lot of antioxidants, a proper diet and lots of water. It's just good to take care of yourself regardless. And smoking lots gets rough, so that's more of a reason.

As far as myths about lecithin's concerned, who will know. Lots of these kids who post at overgrow were shaggy and stupid, but some weird smart and healthy.. I'm sure there was a huge, varied stoner-base on that forum so it's hard to tell. I don't think that taking vitamins or supplements should always result in intensely profound changes either lol

--------------------

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#5541512 - 04/21/06 04:17 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I usta use alot of suppliments. They did make me feel better, but this had alot to do with placebo.
It makes you feel like your doing something good for yourself, to the point that you end up spending alot of money on them.

I once knew a woman who was addicted to them, she had health pills for everything, must of cost her a fortune !
What she was really addicted to was that self help feeling, which is what i think the companys that make these suppliments rely on.

I only use them every now and again now, like the day after ive been out drinking and i know ive pissed alot of vitamins out.
Sometimes i use multi vits with alot of B vitamins in if i need a pick me up,

but theres no substitute to having a good diet, all the vits are there as nature intended.
Save your money and buy yourself some good veg. If you ever get the chance try and grow your own, tastes amazing !  :smile:

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner. [Re: Mike_yy]
    #5543727 - 04/22/06 11:27 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

It might sound kind of funny but I grew some tubers and bulbs one year lol. I thought they were the best potatoes and carrots I've ever tasted! I really want to grow some more veggies... corn and tomatoe plants blend well with cannabis, or so I hear! :wink:

But tis true, a clean, consistent diet makes me feel on top of the world!

--------------------

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner. [Re: browndustin]
    #5544044 - 04/22/06 12:47 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

That dosen't sound funny at all  :smile:

Theres something very self satisfying about cooking and eating a meal that you have grown yourself !

Tastes alot better ( bought veg never even comes close ), plus its better for you.

Im lucky i get the chance to grow stuff :thumbup:

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5544082 - 04/22/06 12:56 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

lol

True, true. hahah

I'm actually really happy that I grew something. It tasted great! I don't think I wiped the silly smile off my face all day. Oh man was it ever good. I kept thinking of all the nutrients that were in there and I was the nucka that grew it.

It's getting nice out and I've been thinking of seriously going out, getting some pots and soil and just starting a nice garden. My new place has a good backyard but there's mostly moss and peat under the grass.. good for nitrogen? She wants to wait until next year to build like the ultimate garden (just bought an awesome new house so I didn't move out, hell no!) but do you think I could just get some pots and do a little bit of gardening this year? I live in BC so it's getting nice out this time of year. :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#5544173 - 04/22/06 01:42 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, you can grow most things in pots.
Im going to have to use alot of pots this year for things like cabbage, spinage, radishes, and broccoli.
I tried them in the greenhouse last year but they really didn't like the heat.

You can buy grow bags for tomatoes, peppers, and things like that.
Only problem with them is that they dry out too quickly, and there very shallow so the roots dont get much space, but ive used them before with good results.

The peat you have in your garden should be good for growing in too.

If your wondering about nutrients, you will have to do abit of learning ( if you dont know this already  :smile: ).
Different nutrients have different jobs. Nitrogen is used for leaf growing, potassium is used for the flowering / fruiting stages. The other one is phosphorus, plants use this to grow strong roots, but theres usually enough of this in most soils already.
Just do abit of reading about whatever plant your growing, wont take you long.

( some plants are nitrogen fixers, i know beans are and i think potatoes might be too, they take nitrogen out of the air and store it in there roots. Definately do not feed these with a high nitrogen food, you will end up with alot of leafs and no beans / spuds )

So yeah, go for it !.
In afew months time you could be enjoying your own, home grown meals.

If you get spinage, or cabbage there are some types that you can harvest afew times through the year, they grow back after each harvest.
Cucumbers are good easy things to grow aswell.
You can do potatoes in pots but they have to be quite deep, your best off just sticking them in the ground if you have some space.

Enjoy yourself !

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5544382 - 04/22/06 03:00 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Well I've had an extreme fascination with marijuana horticulture, which basically lead to an overall appreciation for all sorts of plants and vegetables. So that worked out good.

And thanks for the tips too! My parents have some really good plans for the backyard. A shed, firepit, chiminea, plants and veggies. When I get around to it and pick up the necessary supplies and add to what we already have, I'll be sure to really enjoy things. I remember once the ball got rolling, it was always able constantly tweaking things and having fun.

When I'm old and pretty much useless, I'm going to have one killer garden.

--------------------

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#5547234 - 04/23/06 12:09 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

browndustin said:
When I'm old and pretty much useless, I'm going to have one killer garden.

Yeah. Me too man, me too !  :smile:  :thumbup:.

:mushroom2:  :mushroom2:  :mushroom2:  :mushroom2:  :mushroom2:

OfflineEarthAngel
Tripper

Loc: New Zealand
    #5576437 - 05/01/06 06:14 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I am a health pill junkie, as my mum owns a health shop so its kinda hard to not take advantage of repairing the damage we do to ourselves daily!
I take something to cover all aspects.
If you're jsut after something for the smoking, then cod liver oil is a goody, it helps support the mucous membranes, whiole giving you good amounts of vitamin a and d, and helps keep the immunes system well.
omega 3's i belive everyone should do, they are great for so much!
Vitamin C is a must for all too. its wonderous, especially when smoking depeltes it hardout.
i could go on for hours, but thatl do for now :laugh:

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
    #5576459 - 05/01/06 06:37 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Vitamin E and C are real important for smokers.

Cigerette C is a must if you smoke ciggerettes.

Ive been reading some promising studies in how Vitamin E helps protect lung tissue in smokers and helps repair those tissues in those that quit.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Good vitamins and minerals and such for a stoner. [Re: EarthAngel]
    #5578282 - 05/01/06 06:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

EarthAngel said:
i could go on for hours, but thatl do for now :laugh:

If you do go on for hours, then I'll likely read it.

I'm a sucker for shit like that. People tell me I'm a jack of all trades because I know so much random shit like that. :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale