Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: learningtofly]
    #12593266 -

learningtofly said:
I should clarify, i haven't had anything new while tripping, it's just deeper into things i've already thought.

I should also add that thoughts are not the same as experiences. Literally every time I take acid I can only describe it as becoming the Tao, a literal one-ness with everything.

Last time I tripped, I felt God's presence. But I don't believe in God, so i don't really know what to make of that.




OH well that's different. Same for me.:thumbup:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Icelander]
    #12593276 -

You've never had new unrealized shit come from drugs? Definetly not true here.


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Grapefruit]
    #12596081 -

Drugs have been used for a long time throughout history. The experiences are embedded in us, even sober folk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Kickle]
    #12596109 -

Kickle said:
My take is that a dose of mushrooms is capable of showing the space that exists around your concept of self, but that this space is not contained within the mushrooms. Giving all the credit to the mushrooms ensures that you will return time and time again to find this space that is believed to be contained in the mushrooms. The space exists with or without the mushrooms. They do not create the space but they can help you see this expansiveness exists.




Nicely said kickle!

This is so true, and its similar to what I've always told people who ask me about tripping (who haven't done it). I say tripping shows you a state of mind that you aren't normally aware of, but once you see it and realize what it means, you can enter into it entirely on your own.

But the interesting thing about it is that, its really only a shift of perspective. Its not as if you become enlightened, it is only an awareness from a different angle.

When you say "space", I picture our objective reality as being center stage, in the center of a sphere...and we are always looking down at that center from some point on that sphere. But experiences in life change that location and hence our perspectives on that objective reality in the center, and create new states of awareness.


--------------------
Word to your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: billycorgan55]
    #12601928 -

billycorgan55 said:
First of all, I can safely assume that just about everyone who is reading this thinks of drugs (namely psychedelics) as a way of enlightening or expanding ones mind.



I think Poid assumed the same thing when he registered.  That's a broad brush incorrectly applied.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #12620917 -

Three things.

1. Thanks for all the responses!

2. I think my thinking becomes more deep and complex on lower

doses. I love high doses, but I lose the ability to "think"

conventionally, my thoughts are replaced with synthesized emotions. One

of my favorite things to do is spend a Saturday night home, away from

everyone, with 2 grams of cubes, a blunt, and my music. At this dose,

my thoughts are more coherent than at higher doses.

3.Allan Watts said "Psychedelics are like a telephone, once you get

the message, you hang up the phone".


--------------------
OM MADNE PADME OBIWAN LUKE HUM....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: billycorgan55]
    #12621221 -

I prefer low doses on psychedelics as well, I haven´t taken a high dose since high school.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Poid]
    #12621896 -

there are lots of 'brain washed ' drug users.

Taking chemicals has its pros and cons.

If anything though, drug users largely represent the trully 'brainwashed' people, because their brainwashing is more about unlearning things in their head, compared to most people whos brainwashing involves having things put in their head.

Of course when you get rid of various ideas, other ideas can replace them very easily.

Drugs do not necessarily impair rational thought. They often can though. Nevertheless this just means that a person needs to re-assess the thoughts they had whilst high. It doesnt mean that theyre automatically true/false


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: billycorgan55]
    #12622128 -

I think it's one of those things that needs to be examined case-by-case, and that is not even enough to really cut the grayish blur.

(note: I don't have any experience with illicit  drugs, so the following statement is somewhat baseless and some blabber.)

Druggie is a term largely in use to demonize drugs and by extension  those who use drugs. I think the question can be answered with a few distinctions: Is the drug use genuine or just to fit in. If it's not to maintain some childish popularity, then it would not make sense to insult a person for it. Plenty of other cultures use drugs, and using the blanket term over all of them doesn't make sense. Also, it should be seem if it is interfering with your life and to what extent.

You have the people who use drugs to bring out the magnificent beauty in life, how every second is sacred, are the people who have genuinely cherry attitude, love knowledge, emotion, and life. I suppose it could be a crutch to maintain this perspective or the use might be just a tool.

You also have those who just like the mind fuck and the feeling of being stoned. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but I also think it would be harder to defend yourself against being defined as one. They are likely also using it for the social status, but not to say there is anything necessary wrong with that.

So basically it's people like Carl Sagan or Hoffman (read their essays on drugs to get the general feel of their perspective) vs the college and highschool students who say crap like "yeah bro, I just toked up a fatty before my fainal lol smoek weed evryday!". I think if you can call the person a deadbeat, then druggie is likely also an acceptable term.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Ymeg]
    #12622356 -

There is a difference between people who eat and people who are obese


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Noteworthy]
    #12626419 -

Noteworthy said:
If anything though, drug users largely represent the trully 'brainwashed' people, because their brainwashing is more about unlearning things in their head...


What kinds of things? How can an individual intentionally "unlearning" things be considered brainwashing? :confused:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Poid]
    #12630561 -

The reason I say it is more like brainwashing is because 'wash' generally means to get rid of stuff. Thus the changes that occur in many drug users whereby they unlearn things is more figuratively like 'washing' their brain.

I dunno where you introduce the concept of 'intentionally' 'unlearning' things. I do not think most drug users intentionally do much other than intentionally take drugs and intentionally party and perhaps intentionally associate with a new age movement.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Noteworthy]
    #12633166 -

Noteworthy said:
The reason I say it is more like brainwashing is because 'wash' generally means to get rid of stuff. Thus the changes that occur in many drug users whereby they unlearn things is more figuratively like 'washing' their brain.


I guess that makes sense, but that is not how the term 'brainwashed' is usually used.



Noteworthy said:
I do not think most drug users intentionally do much other than intentionally take drugs and intentionally party and perhaps intentionally associate with a new age movement.


That's quite the generalization. :lol:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Poid]
    #12636927 -

hence the word 'most'


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Noteworthy]
    #12645333 -

I still personally believe that you're incorrect.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Poid]
    #12649305 -

is that because you don't think that most drug users can be identified by anything (other than drug use)

or because you think that most drug users intentionally 'unlearn' things?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Noteworthy]
    #12650694 -

It's because I don't think most drug users either party a lot, or believe in New Age bull crap--many drug users like to get high alone, and don't give two shits about spirituality. :levitate:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Poid]
    #12650744 -

People in general can easily become "brainwashed". Lumping all the druggies together is just like lumping all the sober people together...it's pointless. I've met plenty of acid heads who are super arrogant and believe that they somehow know more about the world and are more in touch with things because they've eaten 3 million hits, and I've met sober religious people who are convinced they have seen God and have all the answers. People in general are gullible, you and I included.

That said, drugs can be fun, exiting, spiritual, etc., which is why I take them. It's mostly a recreational things for me, I don't think drugs are "the answer".


--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/the-great-fool

Music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Poid]
    #12654595 -

Poid said:
It's because I don't think most drug users either party a lot, or believe in New Age bull crap--many drug users like to get high alone, and don't give two shits about spirituality. :levitate:



I see what he means. I know druggies and many of them became cold,

pretentious, assholes.


--------------------
OM MADNE PADME OBIWAN LUKE HUM....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: billycorgan55]
    #12655864 -

Everyone is brain washed. There are just different types of brain washing...


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do you look like a druggie?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Sclorch 6,367 64 11/20/15 03:23 PM
by dixienormous
* Character Tests of: Misinterpretation, Intent, and Confrontation.... PhanTomCat 575 0 02/24/05 07:12 PM
by PhanTomCat
* Reality is your best friend
( 1 2 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 5,818 35 10/06/10 02:47 PM
by trentinxd
* Irrational Skepticism
( 1 2 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 3,497 38 01/20/06 03:11 PM
by MushmanTheManic
* Rational vs. Irrational Beliefs
( 1 2 all )
Swami 10,771 39 01/14/05 05:58 PM
by Alan Stone
* Druggies
( 1 2 all )
EgoMagickian 2,720 26 07/12/03 05:20 PM
by TinMan
* Perception creates reality felix4life 873 1 06/16/06 09:30 PM
by Schwammel
* Intention and (perceived) Pain
( 1 2 all )
Swami 1,714 30 10/03/05 11:13 AM
by dr0mni

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,190 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.