Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Are we all really just druggies?
    #12591742 -

OK. This is going to be a little abstract, but try to understand where

I'm coming from. First of all, I can safely assume that just about

everyone who is reading this thinks of drugs (namely psychedelics) as

a way of enlightening or expanding ones mind. I'm sure that many of us

have been called druggies and addicts by people that we

call "ignorant" or "blind". When someone says "Drugs don't open your

mind, but instead show you what is not there" we usually respond by

saying "You don't know what your talking about". We assume that these

people are a collective mentality of brainwashed individuals. But is

it not possible that we are the ones who are brainwashed? That

drugs have actually tweaked our perception to a point where we think

differently than the norm? Do drugs actually "open" our mind, or do

they change our being all together? I bring this up because I have a

friend who is the most open minded person when it comes to life. He

entertains all thoughts and opinions, except for those pertaining to

drugs (again namely psychedelics). He says "In order to make a rational

decision, ones mind cannot be altered by any substance". In a way I

believe he is right, although I do believe there are a lot of

ignorant and brainwashed sober people, I still don't dismiss the idea

that we are possibly the ones who are brainwashed, we are the ones who

are wrong.
Are we brainwahsed?
You may choose 1


Votes accepted from 05/19/10 12:03 PM until the end of time

View the results of this poll



--------------------
OM MADNE PADME OBIWAN LUKE HUM....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: billycorgan55]
    #12591799 -

drugs shift the focus from a predominately left-hemisphere linear conceptualization of mental processes to the right-hemisphere where creativity and abstraction become the dominant process of perception.



Drugs literally shift the focus of your brain to regions that are nearly impossible to experience without years of meditative practice.


--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: billycorgan55]
    #12591802 -

QUE?

Drugs do nothing more then act on receptors in the brain and change the way your brain functions, for a brief period of time. I've never realized anything about myself DURING any of my trips; all of that 'enlightenment' comes afterward while reflecting on them in a sober state.

The most philosophical drug imo is cannabis and even when I smoke that, my thoughts may seem to make sense, but they're usually completely irrational. I have to write them down and then alter them afterwards while in a sober state.

Your friend is correct imo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: billycorgan55]
    #12591807 -

I'm not a druggie, I am a stoner. :awehigh:


--------------------


BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH


A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Buckthorn]
    #12591825 -

really? the sense of enlightenment for me is when im on the drug. when i reflect back on it i also learn.


but i learn way more about the world on the comedown when the normal state of mind gradually sets in



have you ever smoked dmt lol


--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: JackofSpades]
    #12591872 -

lol Not yet. Part of me really wants to and the other part is terrified.

My trips are usually pretty chaotic and at times I feel as if I'm enlightened as I am entirely in the now but it never truly lasts.

Edited by Buckthorn (05/19/10 12:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: billycorgan55] * 1
    #12592010 -

The question cannot be answered/my opinion is not listed above.

Believing that drugs lead to enlightenment is the praised route to addiction.
Just as depending on drugs to hide from problems is the demonized route.

They just say the same thing in different terms. We often look at one as hiding from reality, the other as awakening to it. But really, both are looking for the end of suffering in some object. The cessation of suffering through a magic pill, a magic mushroom, a cold beer...

My take is that a dose of mushrooms is capable of showing the space that exists around your concept of self, but that this space is not contained within the mushrooms. Giving all the credit to the mushrooms ensures that you will return time and time again to find this space that is believed to be contained in the mushrooms. The space exists with or without the mushrooms. They do not create the space but they can help you see this expansiveness exists.

So neither stance IMO is completely right nor is either one completely wrong. Believing that drugs close the mind is no more correct than believing drugs open the mind. They have no power in this regard.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: JackofSpades]
    #12592217 -

JackofSpades said:
really? the sense of enlightenment for me is when im on the drug. when i reflect back on it i also learn.


but i learn way more about the world on the comedown when the normal state of mind gradually sets in



have you ever smoked dmt lol



I've never had a single worthwhile thought when I was tripping. . All of my "enlightening" thoughts arise when i'm sober


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: learningtofly]
    #12592268 -

learningtofly said:
JackofSpades said:
really? the sense of enlightenment for me is when im on the drug. when i reflect back on it i also learn.


but i learn way more about the world on the comedown when the normal state of mind gradually sets in



have you ever smoked dmt lol



I've never had a single worthwhile thought when I was tripping. . All of my "enlightening" thoughts arise when i'm sober



really? my thoughts get so deep when i'm tripping and they pop up constantly..don't get me wrong, sober thoughts also get as deep as when you take some psychdelics, but they don't feel as intense.


--------------------


BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH


A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Moronicus]
    #12592365 -

There is no norm, man.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Buckthorn]
    #12592368 -

DMT isn't scary at all. Its just really crazy. Ayahuasca is scary, horrifyingly scary...DMT is peaceful and loving (ayahausca is too but only after the horrifying part) I mean its over in a few minutes...


But the point about DMT is like your taken to another dimension, literally, so its like how you could just keep a "meh" perspective during that seems impossible.


--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: learningtofly]
    #12592384 -

That seems like your just not thinking about interesting things when tripping...


Start thinking about the idea of God, address all perspectives and sort them out. Then take some acid and see how your opinion changes based on your experience...


--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: JackofSpades]
    #12592446 -

JackofSpades said:
That seems like your just not thinking about interesting things when tripping...


Start thinking about the idea of God, address all perspectives and sort them out. Then take some acid and see how your opinion changes based on your experience...



I have done this every time I've tripped and it is nothing compared to when sober.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: learningtofly]
    #12592473 -

I'm on drugs right now and I feel enlightened.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: learningtofly]
    #12592621 -

learningtofly said:
JackofSpades said:
really? the sense of enlightenment for me is when im on the drug. when i reflect back on it i also learn.


but i learn way more about the world on the comedown when the normal state of mind gradually sets in



have you ever smoked dmt lol



I've never had a single worthwhile thought when I was tripping. . All of my "enlightening" thoughts arise when i'm sober




Too bad for you.:sad:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Icelander]
    #12592638 -

Icelander said:
Too bad for you.:sad:



^ This X 20 billion + Infinity  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Icelander]
    #12592757 -

I should clarify, i haven't had anything new while tripping, it's just deeper into things i've already thought.

I should also add that thoughts are not the same as experiences. Literally every time I take acid I can only describe it as becoming the Tao, a literal one-ness with everything.

Last time I tripped, I felt God's presence. But I don't believe in God, so i don't really know what to make of that.


--------------------

Edited by learningtofly (05/19/10 03:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: JackofSpades]
    #12593012 -

JackofSpades said:
DMT isn't scary at all. Its just really crazy. Ayahuasca is scary, horrifyingly scary...DMT is peaceful and loving (ayahausca is too but only after the horrifying part) I mean its over in a few minutes...


But the point about DMT is like your taken to another dimension, literally, so its like how you could just keep a "meh" perspective during that seems impossible.



I want to experience that more than anything. I'm not really scared of the experience itself. I am more afraid of rewiring my neural pathways. I have pretty bad, frequent HPPD right now and I don't want it to worsen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: Buckthorn]
    #12593023 -

yeah i dont think you should take drugs when you have hppd...

but meh your call


--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are we all really just druggies? [Re: learningtofly]
    #12593146 -

learningtofly said:
I should clarify, i haven't had anything new while tripping, it's just deeper into things i've already thought.

I should also add that thoughts are not the same as experiences. Literally every time I take acid I can only describe it as becoming the Tao, a literal one-ness with everything.

Last time I tripped, I felt God's presence. But I don't believe in God, so i don't really know what to make of that.



I've had some trips that have really altered my mental outlook and woke me up to my emotions alot. Most all with 2c-e actually, highly recommended if you come across it.


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do you look like a druggie?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Sclorch 6,367 64 11/20/15 03:23 PM
by dixienormous
* Character Tests of: Misinterpretation, Intent, and Confrontation.... PhanTomCat 575 0 02/24/05 07:12 PM
by PhanTomCat
* Reality is your best friend
( 1 2 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 5,818 35 10/06/10 02:47 PM
by trentinxd
* Irrational Skepticism
( 1 2 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 3,497 38 01/20/06 03:11 PM
by MushmanTheManic
* Rational vs. Irrational Beliefs
( 1 2 all )
Swami 10,771 39 01/14/05 05:58 PM
by Alan Stone
* Druggies
( 1 2 all )
EgoMagickian 2,720 26 07/12/03 05:20 PM
by TinMan
* Perception creates reality felix4life 873 1 06/16/06 09:30 PM
by Schwammel
* Intention and (perceived) Pain
( 1 2 all )
Swami 1,714 30 10/03/05 11:13 AM
by dr0mni

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,190 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.065 seconds spending 0.037 seconds on 24 queries.