Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Loc: in the mountains
Pressure cooker?
    #1238353 - 01/22/03 02:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Do you think that it should boil water just like a normal pot. My plan was to use mine to also pausturize my poo but that doesnt look like its gonna happen ever because I waited 2 hours and the water never got hot enough to boil... Can anyone explain what the hell is going on there?????? As for building up pressure and all it did that fineee. I PCd a bunch of grain jars and it did an excelent job from what I saw. But I still cant get the god damm thing to boil water what the hell !!! :mad:

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:
http://cannanetics.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
Re: Pressure cooker? [Re: wikedanjel]
    #1238357 - 01/22/03 02:05 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

do you mean boil the water in the pc pot without the lid on it?

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Pressure cooker? [Re: A0999]
    #1238391 - 01/22/03 02:23 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

do you mean boil the water in the pc pot without the lid on it?

Yes I may be crazy and theres some sort of thing that pressure cookers cant do, but my moms PC can be used as a pot and as a PC. How is it that it cant boil water... I know there is an explination but fuck....

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1238414 - 01/22/03 02:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hey is that hot girl in the picture you, if it is yur bad ass i need a girl like you

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1238419 - 01/22/03 02:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Add more heat, if you hook it up with enuff heat, it wont have a choice but to boil, itlle boil i garentee i could get that shit to boil if all else fail tape a half pound brick of thermite to the side and light that shit, i swear to god that shit will boil then

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1238427 - 01/22/03 02:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Do you think that it should boil water just like a normal pot. My plan was to use mine to also pausturize my poo but that doesnt look like its gonna happen ever because I waited 2 hours and the water never got hot enough to boil.

You don't want the water to boil when you are pasturizing poo.
You want the water at around 170?F when pasturizing.

Buy a Candy thermometer and check the temps.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Pressure cooker? [Re: Roadkill]
    #1238483 - 01/22/03 03:15 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes I know that, and I have a candy thermometer... I was refering to my ressure cooker never getting hot enough to boil water being strange... not that I was planning on boiling the poo.... Well I sat down for a while thinking and thinking what can be going wrong and finaly I got to checking if my thermometer was ok. Turns out I was reading the wrong side for temprature  :frown:
That still doesnt explain why the water wouldnt boil... well atleast i dont have to go and buy a new pot. :grin: Im gonna go off and play with some shit, thanks for all your help guys. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinesoko
journeyman
    #1238490 - 01/22/03 03:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Water boils at a much higher temp when it is under pressure, That is the whole purpose of the pressure cooker. To keep the water in the pot from boiling away.

OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
    #1238492 - 01/22/03 03:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Not enough heat!!

your PC is thick metal and needs LOTS of heat to maintain a boil witout the lid on it!!

put a regular lid on the top and it should help retain heat and make the water boil!!

cg

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

Edited by Curious_George (01/22/03 03:20 AM)

Offlinetank
    #1238518 - 01/22/03 03:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

if it it got hot enough with the lid on it has to be that you are losing too much heat out the top. having the lid on will keep a significant amount of heat in. so just don't put it on tight and leave the valve open. also there is probably a lot more water to heat up for pasturising than for PCing? so it will take alot longer to heat up. start will hotish water?
:smile:

--------------------
I suffer from a vivid imagination and all that is here is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies