Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: Pressure Cooker Go BOOM? [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #914201 - 09/28/02 03:09 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

and you are an ass :frown: such a rude jerk :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Pressure Cooker Go BOOM? [Re: LSAuser]
    #914208 - 09/28/02 03:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, I don't want to play mod and make mickey feel left out, but enough with the crap. Just play nice, so what LSAuser mispelled, we're not all perfect. Ok so now for the plan of the test run. I'm gonna fill about 2 inches of water in my PC and let it boil with the lid off. I'm going to open the pressure valve completely, and put the lid on, I assume there should be a steady stream of vapor exiting my steam release. Then I intend to close off the pressure valve, slowly, thus increasing the pressure. Does anyone see any harm in this? Please help so I don't loose my head.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Edited by Skikid16 (09/28/02 03:15 AM)

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Pressure Cooker Go BOOM? [Re: Skikid16]
    #914578 - 09/28/02 10:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Your AA 921 must be a very old one. Even so, there should be a pressure gauge, a steam relief valve & some sort of safety - steam release pop/off thing -- all on the lid.

I have never seem an AA that had "weights" to adjust pressure. The steam relief valve is designed so that you can relieve pressure, if it builds -- to high. The pop/off is designed to release or blow out, it you allow the pressure to go to high.

It has a pressure gauge -- right. So long as you don't exceed 20 pounds pressure. Everything should be fine. Once you exceed that the pressure relkief valve should start to vent. If you exceed that DRAMATICLY, the pop/off should blow out -- or vent -- also.

It might help to post a jpg of the lid, so a person could see what your talking about.

Whatever the case, so long ass it is structurly sound, it should be safe. Put 1 inch of water in it. Put the lid on & tigten, put some heat to it & see if it builds pressure? See if the relief valve works & will vent stream -- when you move the toggle -- on it.

If it builds pressure to 15 + pounds ? If you can relieve that pressure -- when you want -- your good to go. It takes a little while to test & learn what heat settings are required to maintain 15 pounds. You just have to tinker & practice.

DO NOT EVER LEAVE ONE--  ON -- UNATTENDED. Unless you know what your doing & have it set with a GOOD timer-- to turn OFF -- when you want.

Just tinker with it. It only becomes dangerious -- if you exceed presure limits. Even then, the safety features should relieve it and/or pop/off. You don't want to get hit with that -- though.

6T :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
    #915609 - 09/28/02 07:20 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Skikid16, does it look anything like this?

this is the weight i have. the screw is fully tight till i get to 15 psi, then i turn the flame down to low and loosen the screw a little bit till it stays at 15psi. it will slowly rise or fall. then i just tighten or loosen it till it get's to 15.

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Re: Pressure Cooker Go BOOM? [Re: Phychotron]
    #915942 - 09/28/02 09:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Nope, but I do like those pics, good presentation. Thanks.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #916153 - 09/29/02 12:36 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well there is basically 2 styles of All American pressure cookers.

This kind has the pressure relief valve.

This kind has the weight on top....instead of the pressure relief valve

If you have the one with the pressure relief valve this is what you do.
You hopefully have a divot....the metal thing that holds the jars off the bottom of the pressure cooker.....if you don?t have a divot.....order one.
Use a towel for the bottom for now if you don?t have a divot.
fill the pressure cooker with 1" to 1 1/2" of water.
put your jars in.
Put the lid on carefully.....make sure you tighten the fasteners down crossways for even tightening.
Turn your stove on to 3/4 let the water get hot.
When the water has gotten hot flip the valve on the top to the closed position.
The pressure will start to build up in the cooker......watch the gauge.
When you get up to 15 psi.....turn the stove down to 1/4.
If the gauge starts to show it climbing up past 15 psi......vent some steam off using the pressure relief valve til it falls back to 15 psi.
Some stoves are different than others.....get to know what position to have your knobs on to keep your pressure cooker at 15 psi.
You might have to play around with the knobs til you find the right position.
After you have the pressure cooker at 15 psi start counting the time for your jars.

Keep an eye on the pressure cooker while you are using it.....never leave it un-attended.

After you have pressure cooked your jars for the amount of time that you wanted pull your pressure cooker off the hot burner and put it on another cold burner to cool down.
Take a clean hand towel and spay some Lysol on the towel......put the towel on top of the Vent valve.
Let the pressure cooker cool down.....don?t open the pressure cooker til the guage says that there is no pressure left inside the cooker.
Wait about an hour.....at least I do.
Then try the pressure relief valve......to make sure there isn?t any pressure left inside the pressure cooker.
take out your jars....your set.

good luck!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Re: Pressure Cooker Go BOOM? [Re: Roadkill]
    #916171 - 09/29/02 12:58 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

See, I think mine is like WAY old cause it looks like neither of these. It has a pressure release valve, but the weight looks like a thimbail. You can screw it tight (increase pressure) loose (decrease pressure). Thats why I think this thing is like prehistoric. But i did my crash test, and after three tries (first two I didn't screw it on properly cause I didn't criss-cross) I reached and mantained 15 psi. Wooohooo, screw you PF, birdseed here I come!!!!!!!

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Edited by Skikid16 (09/29/02 03:54 PM)

Offlinealienated
contaminationgrower

Loc: kali-forn-I-A
    #916307 - 09/29/02 03:15 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

mine has one of those jiggly little weights that go on the top. i find it to be very effective, sexy, and sleek at the same time, especially for being older than i.

-michael.

--------------------
-m.

I dont even grow these things... I just post for this guy that knows a guy, who's sisters boyfriend dumped about 2 months ago.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order