Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why
    #11791165 -

I received a PM from geokills just now saying I have been banned from using shroomery PMs. I don't quite understand why tho because I understand the rules about PMs on the shroomery and use other means to have certain conversations that can't be had through via shroomery PMs. (i.e. Hushmail - AIM)

"This automated message is to inform you that has banned you from sending and receiving private messages on the Shroomery Message Board. Members may be banned from using private messages if they are found to be utilizing the functionality for purposes which are illegal or against the rules of the site.

Offending post: None specified
Infraction type: Illegal Post
Infraction description: Certain illegal subject matter cannot be discussed on the Shroomery. This includes drug hook-up and dealing posts, libelous statements and threats against other members.
Ban details: Using our message board in attempts to facilitate illegal drug transactions.  You will no longer be allowed to use our private message function."

That is the message I received :frown:
I am grateful I wasn't banned from the site and I don't PM much at all but damn this sorta sucks.

Is there anything I can do or should I just get over the fact I can PM anymore? I don't PM much but I would like to be able to if I want.

oh well I guess, better safe then sorry? :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11791173 -

also I assume this is a permanent ban right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11791218 -

It's people like you who put this site at risk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #11791235 -

hmmm I understand ur concern but I am pretty sure I didn't break any rules

but do go on

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11793904 -

Anonymous #1 said:
hmmm I understand ur concern but I am pretty sure I didn't break any rules



Seems unlikely.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11794065 -

Good job geokills. :gethigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #11794384 -

honestly... if you're gonna do that stuff just email the guy... at least give shroomery some plausible deniability. kthx.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #11797231 -

Anonymous #2 said:
It's people like you who put this site at risk.



QFT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #11800587 -

my shit was banned too, the pms anyway

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11800672 -

Were you pestering people for drugs? If you were, stop that. It's bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #11800690 -

sure wasnt. i have no need to ask people for drugs. my shit says i was banned for making drug deals through pms.

they must have taken some shit out of contex. why are they even going through my pm's?

im guessing that some one i was talking to was being fucking stupid and gave the mods a reason to check their shit and prob found a random pm from me or too me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #11800737 -

Yes, somebody definitely reported something you sent. If you find out who, you'll know the answer, but that's probably not possible. :justdontknow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #11800816 -

Easy solution: don't make drug deals through PMs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #11802075 -

its not like that at all.

i have friends here on the shroomery that i speak with in and outside of the forums. somtimes its in person, somtimes its on the phone, other times its through email and yes, sometimes here on the shroomery.

its not like im running around selling shit.

i think this is completely unfair and i want to know why they are even fucking with my shit. invasion of privacy much?

still no word from the guy who banned my shit. i know the mods can see who write the annoymous threads and I WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU WERE IN MY PMS and WHY IM BANNED!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #11802134 -

You wouldn't be banned for no reason

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #11802181 -

Anonymous #7 said:
its not like that at all.

i have friends here on the shroomery that i speak with in and outside of the forums. somtimes its in person, somtimes its on the phone, other times its through email and yes, sometimes here on the shroomery.

its not like im running around selling shit.

i think this is completely unfair and i want to know why they are even fucking with my shit. invasion of privacy much?

still no word from the guy who banned my shit. i know the mods can see who write the annoymous threads and I WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU WERE IN MY PMS and WHY IM BANNED!!!



You're on a private website. You have absolutely no right to privacy with regards to your actions on this website and the website administration. They can look at any PMs they like and you don't have a right to complain about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #11802451 -

Anonymous #9 said:
You wouldn't be banned for no reason



Mistakes happen. 

It is true.

Any good mod or admin SHOULD admit that. You do the best with what you got... and hopefully don't fuck up too bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #11802610 -

i just want more detail. i want to know what specific reason/ pm got me banned.

if i was doing something that i was not suppose to be doing then thats fine, i didnt know. you dont have to perm ban me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #11802740 -

Anonymous #7 said:
i know the mods can see who write the annoymous threads and I WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU WERE IN MY PMS and WHY IM BANNED!!!




Mods cant read who writes in SA you numb nuts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I got banned from using PMs and not sure why [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #11802824 -

If the bad men in law enforcement were through a warrent to get all the data off this site and they will be able to see your PMS as well as your posts. If you got banned its because you say stuff in your PM's that could get the site owners in deep shit.

PM's arent actually yoru property like a postal letter is. Its the property of Shroomery and like it or not the site owners have every right to read your pm's if they wish to. They also have the right to ban you from anything they want. dont like it? Fuck off then back to mommy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* If you could pay to have other users banned... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,392 86 07/22/09 04:38 PM
by Anonymous
* I refuse to post anonymously here. Anonymous 2,118 13 04/08/10 07:23 PM
by Anonymous
* Talk to an anonymous stranger!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,692 89 07/08/09 10:35 PM
by Anonymous
* Hating how you look?
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 6,013 50 02/17/10 05:09 AM
by Anonymous
* The "reality" of this forum - a disclaimer for n00bs
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 8,640 64 10/05/10 07:21 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
1,745 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.