Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
My High-Induced Mental Regurgitation, Inequality
    #11336355 - 10/28/09 03:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So here it is guys. I'm just going to lay it down on ya plain and simple.

Humans as we know it are born unequal. We like to stress the importance of equality, and such privileges as freedom and democracy, but we can't even properly convey such an illusion upon the masses; that's intellectual fraud and down right nasty. Most people don't believe that society is equal. And everyone has some sort of emotional wound; the color of their skin, their appearance, their mental capacity, their personalities, themselves, etc. Just face it; none of us our the best.

Thus, I believe that society should be apparent of these actualities. No, I'm not talking about slavery, or a caste system. I'm talking about the very social structure of our world; with regards to all fauna and flora.

Let's start with education. Public schools are meant to be fair and equal; there are no entrance exams, equality of the classrooms (except for honor/AP programs), etc. They teach and treat students collectively. But this do the students no good. If one or more students were more mentally capable than the others, they would have to slow down their aptitude in order to keep up with the rest of the class. That's terrible because it keeps those kids from reaching their full potential, and might even create a habit of slacking. These characteristics hold true in the education system until the students reach college. The application process sections out the collective student body into a spectrum of separate classes of capability based on collegiate 'politics', collegiate prestigiousness, entrance requisites, etc. If it wasn't for that final act of inequality, we'd lack the array of professionals that provide for our community; white-collar or blue-collar.

But why can't such educational prejudice be exerted in lower levels of education?
Could we maintain an alternative system of education? I do believe we can.
But whatever, that's another story.

Anyways, what my high rant is really about is us, in general. We are each born with a unique set 46 chromosomes that we received from our parents. Thus, our inequalities are innate. Some will be born to play sports, others will be born to work, and a select few will be born to think. So why can't we apply that to our view, politically and socially, of society?

Discuss.
:goodmorning:

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBard
Ultrahuman
Male User Gallery

Re: My High-Induced Mental Regurgitation, Inequality [Re: meatcakeman]
    #11336542 - 10/28/09 05:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think, that the problem is, that while "Some will be born to play sports, others will be born to work, and a select few will be born to think.", you forgot to add: Some people are born to be worthless... And these people want to survive, they have to con the others to maintain a society, where they are treated as "equals". They have no other chance.

--------------------
So dreaming let's you know reality exists.

I don't belive. I fear.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#11336547 - 10/28/09 05:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The reason is, in my opinion, because no one on earth has the right to decide who deserves more than another. We all have our opinions. But overall, there is no standard that everyone will agree on.

Thus, everyone must be given equal rights, or else there is favouritism.

As for the education issue.. I think it is good to have equal schooling... schooling is not a matter of making you smarter, it is a matter of making you aware of the expectations of society. The focus of school, at least primary school, ought to be about allowing children to develop social skills, language skills, and a broad opportunity to apply their mind to different situations. Disabled kids are disabled kids, theyre always gonna get in the way of everyone else. But gifted kids can always be given extra schooling. Both gifted and disadvantaged kids can be taken to special schooling.

So im not sure why you make education the significant topic here. I don't think equality is really considered much in today's world anyway, except as a legal guideline for avoiding potential unfairness. That is where the juicy issues are. Eg. I think an employer should be allowed to hire whoever they want. If they chose the white guy with less skills than the black woman, then thats their own bad choice. They shouldnt be forced to hire the black woman if they think that it will upset the dynamics of their workplace. This said, the introduction of equity has probably done more good than harm

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

Re: My High-Induced Mental Regurgitation, Inequality [Re: Bard]
    #11336553 - 10/28/09 05:26 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ah, I didn't fully verbalize the full extent of my thoughts.

In a Meatcakeman-istic society, those who can't provide, whether for themselves or for society, shall perish. Not only will Darwinism occur, but at the core, it's truly just nature taking its course as it has done so since the very conception of Earth and its pertaining biological life. It's like trimming the fat.

But, yes, society today tries to provide for those in need, but fail to realize that the very society, itself, is in need. You can't try and patch a wound on someone else when you're already bleeding.

Yes, I'm indirectly referring to Africa and other impoverished areas.

:thebird:

--------------------
大开眼界

Edited by meatcakeman (10/28/09 05:42 AM)

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

Re: My High-Induced Mental Regurgitation, Inequality [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11336585 - 10/28/09 05:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
The reason is, in my opinion, because no one on earth has the right to decide who deserves more than another. We all have our opinions. But overall, there is no standard that everyone will agree on.

As for the education issue.. I think it is good to have equal schooling... schooling is not a matter of making you smarter, it is a matter of making you aware of the expectations of society. The focus of school, at least primary school, ought to be about allowing children to develop social skills, language skills, and a broad opportunity to apply their mind to different situations. Disabled kids are disabled kids, theyre always gonna get in the way of everyone else. But gifted kids can always be given extra schooling. Both gifted and disadvantaged kids can be taken to special schooling.

So im not sure why you make education the significant topic here. I don't think equality is really considered much in today's world anyway, except as a legal guideline for avoiding potential unfairness. That is where the juicy issues are. Eg. I think an employer should be allowed to hire whoever they want. If they chose the white guy with less skills than the black woman, then thats their own bad choice. They shouldnt be forced to hire the black woman if they think that it will upset the dynamics of their workplace. This said, the introduction of equity has probably done more good than harm

School is only a reflection of the standards of society because of the letter-grade system. Honestly, I'd prefer it if B's schooled with B's, and let the A's and C's do their own learning at their own accord. Therefore, I'd say that elementary schools should have an application process much like that of the collegiate way of things, except watered down to the point where it is a relatively simple entrance exam, and possibly a physical exam. You're probably thinking: Well what does a 4-year-old know anything about anything? Well, before I entered elementary school, I memorized the multiplication table up to 10, knew how to spell the words: sea anemone, chaparral, and volcano, and I knew the color spectrum up to the secondary colors; I learned all of this in preschool and kindergarten. I think these are all completely applicable test subjects. There would be more schools, and smaller class sizes. Consequently, students wouldn't feel as much pressure to perform academically and work at their own pace, setting their own goals.

--------------------
大开眼界

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#11336596 - 10/28/09 05:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Do you feel like your potential was not reached?

I went to what is called an 'Opportunity Class' in my 5th and 6th years at primary/elementary school. They are run by some schools, and allow distinguished students to learn together at an advanced pace.

They cant exist everywhere though... there arent enough smart kids! :tongue:

keep an eye out when you are raising your own young. I assume they have similar things in whatever country you live in. I am Australian.

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11336623 - 10/28/09 06:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
Do you feel like your potential was not reached?

Sort of. I'm currently in the process of making up for that, so to speak.
Is it so apparent?

Also, I'm American, and I think I'll be sending my kids to private schools. But I don't really have to worry about that because I'm not expecting any little ones for quite a long time from now.

How's Australia's educational system? Are you satisfied with what your country provided for you?

--------------------
大开眼界

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11336632 - 10/28/09 06:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

And, also, I'd like to point out that I do believe that inequality should be enforced by the government in terms of voting and political candidacy; a literacy and political aptitude test should suffice for that. Those who know about politics should meddle in politics. Those who are politically ignorant shall focus on other issues.

It's kind of a wasted endeavor if you vote on something you know nothing about. :shrug:

Inequality, ftw.

--------------------
大开眼界

OfflineBard
Ultrahuman
Male User Gallery

#11336701 - 10/28/09 06:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:

In a Meatcakeman-istic society, those who can't provide, whether for themselves or for society, shall perish. Not only will Darwinism occur, but at the core, it's truly just nature taking its course as it has done so since the very conception of Earth and its pertaining biological life. It's like trimming the fat.

But, yes, society today tries to provide for those in need, but fail to realize that the very society, itself, is in need. You can't try and patch a wound on someone else when you're already bleeding.

But did you consider that those you speak of doesn't wanna "perish"? And probably they are the majority... They will fight for their lives, even if it's philosophically incorrect... So it is impossible to realize your idea. People are not machines, to turn them off, rather animals with life instinct.

--------------------
So dreaming let's you know reality exists.

I don't belive. I fear.

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

Re: My High-Induced Mental Regurgitation, Inequality [Re: Bard]
    #11336706 - 10/28/09 06:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bard said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:

But did you consider that those you speak of doesn't wanna "perish"? And probably they are the majority... They will fight for their lives, even if it's philosophically incorrect... So it is impossible to realize your idea. People are not machines, to turn them off, rather animals with life instinct.

Yes, I am aware of these repercussions. I'm assuming that the human population would at least be reduced 2/3 in its size. This will be due to war, famine, and disease. But this will also create a huge genetic shift in mankind's evolution. And I think it'd be for the better.

:kingtard:

--------------------
大开眼界

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#11337002 - 10/28/09 08:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think ive had a very good education. But I have nothing to compare it with.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #11337184 - 10/28/09 09:37 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well you did say you were high but woah....wtf are you smoking there?!

"But, yes, society today tries to provide for those in need, but fail to realize that the very society, itself, is in need. You can't try and patch a wound on someone else when you're already bleeding.

Yes, I'm indirectly referring to Africa and other impoverished areas."

What you fail to grasp is that western society has played a large role in helping Africa down this road to poverty and famine. I am not saying we are solely responsible but we have certainly played our part. According to your warped view of the world we should now cut them adrift and let them all perish? You mention "shifts in mankinds evolution" As far as Im concened if nobody had thoughts like yours that would represent a much more positive shift in human evolution.

"Yes, I am aware of these repercussions. I'm assuming that the human population would at least be reduced 2/3 in its size. This will be due to war, famine, and disease. But this will also create a huge genetic shift in mankind's evolution. And I think it'd be for the better."

So the only way forward is via war and famine? You are basically advocating genocide so there is less for the rest of us to worry about or have to deal with. Then we can carry on our greed fuelled lifes without a hint of guilt? Truly enlightened thought...But guess what, a new underclass would soon be created to replace the one that had been disposed of. Its the nature of the system.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #11337688 - 10/28/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

However it is up to each individual to enforce his rights. That's how nature works.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

Re: My High-Induced Mental Regurgitation, Inequality [Re: GazzBut]
    #11339932 - 10/28/09 04:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Well you did say you were high but woah....wtf are you smoking there?!

"But, yes, society today tries to provide for those in need, but fail to realize that the very society, itself, is in need. You can't try and patch a wound on someone else when you're already bleeding.

Yes, I'm indirectly referring to Africa and other impoverished areas."

What you fail to grasp is that western society has played a large role in helping Africa down this road to poverty and famine. I am not saying we are solely responsible but we have certainly played our part. According to your warped view of the world we should now cut them adrift and let them all perish? You mention "shifts in mankinds evolution" As far as Im concened if nobody had thoughts like yours that would represent a much more positive shift in human evolution.

"Yes, I am aware of these repercussions. I'm assuming that the human population would at least be reduced 2/3 in its size. This will be due to war, famine, and disease. But this will also create a huge genetic shift in mankind's evolution. And I think it'd be for the better."

So the only way forward is via war and famine? You are basically advocating genocide so there is less for the rest of us to worry about or have to deal with. Then we can carry on our greed fuelled lifes without a hint of guilt? Truly enlightened thought...But guess what, a new underclass would soon be created to replace the one that had been disposed of. Its the nature of the system.

You barely scratch the surface.

And I don't fail to grasp anything. Western society has played a huge role in aiding Africa; yes. What's your point?
My point is that we shouldn't. We shouldn't waste millions of our taxpayers' dollars on helpless Africans when we need to spend it on ourselves; on education, on healthcare, etc. Africa is just another spending indenture for agencies to make money. Every time the government moves massive amounts of money, agencies involved get their own share. It's wrong. We are trying to profit off those who are in dire need.

But Africa doesn't necessarily need our help. To become sustainable, Africa needs to make internal reforms. They don't need external help. But if they can't fend for themselves, then yes, I do believe they should all perish. They are a waste of our time, money, and energy. Sure, innocent people will die by the millions, but when have they not in contemporary society. People die; it's an inevitable fact we must succumb to. And we have no right to say whether someone has the right to live or die. In nature, they must survive on their own, or else they weren't meant to survive at all. That's the law of nature.

And no, I'm not advocating genocide. I'm advocating Darwinism. Just because we stop helping others doesn't mean it's genocide. :wtf: What kind of twisted logic is that? People will die worldwide. That's the point. Americans will die, Brazilians will die, Australians will die, Africans will die, Chinese will die, etc. We trim the excess fat so those who truly deserve Earth's resources are allowed to utilize them. It's not greedy, and evil; it's wise. Instead of thinking about the now, we need to think about the future. Welfare helps no one. It keeps the poor on the bottom of the food chain. It's like feeding wild fauna at a park. They get used to getting fed by humans so much that they lose their own sense of foraging for food. Eventually, they become dependent on us, rather than themselves. That's sickening, really, because we are just manipulating nature's process and hurting those involved.

--------------------
大开眼界

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11339958 - 10/28/09 04:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
I think ive had a very good education. But I have nothing to compare it with.

Maybe our countries differ.

But, I do think that when a student believes that the educational system has failed him, it is a bad sign.

--------------------
大开眼界

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#11343055 - 10/29/09 12:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah but I also know that some students don't take what is offered and get stuck in that sort of rebellious resistance to schooling.. not sayin its in your case, but I know plenty of people could have had better school experience if theyd taken all the opportunities they could. Of course if you got no opportunities then thats not an option.

but I dont think that we really spend enough money on africa for it to make a difference if we spent it on our own country. Still, it probably woul dbe better spent on the poor people in our own country.

The problem then is that you have less poor people... which would be horrible for the economy... it would reduce the drive people have to get more and more and avoid potential poverty

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11343192 - 10/29/09 01:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
yeah but I also know that some students don't take what is offered and get stuck in that sort of rebellious resistance to schooling.. not sayin its in your case, but I know plenty of people could have had better school experience if theyd taken all the opportunities they could. Of course if you got no opportunities then thats not an option.

but I dont think that we really spend enough money on africa for it to make a difference if we spent it on our own country. Still, it probably woul dbe better spent on the poor people in our own country.

The problem then is that you have less poor people... which would be horrible for the economy... it would reduce the drive people have to get more and more and avoid potential poverty

The US has spent tens of billions of dollars on Africa. The majority of these monetary resources are given to the pertaining African governing bodies within Africa, not the people of Africa, per se. Who's to say that these government agencies don't take a cut of the cheese, too?

I do believe that the moral of the general issue is right. Humanitarianism is a reflection of good morality. But besides the concept of it, the relief effort in Africa is a lost cause. It does Africa no good when we dump billions of dollars on them. They need their own political reforms in order to become a sustainable, working economy that can provide resources for itself and the world.

Imagine what America could do with $3 billion (how much it spent on Africa just in 2006) for itself?

A lot. And if we cut military spending, we'd have even more money to spend on self-advancement. Instead of focusing on oil, we could spend money to develop applicable methods of alternative energy. Also, we could create machines to do mundane jobs for us; cashiers, bag boys, and bank tellers could all be replaced by equally, if not more, capable machines.

Yeah, that means people will lose their jobs. But that's just more of an incentive for those people to become professionals. No one ever says: Well, yeah, I guess I'm just not good enough to become a professional, or learn a trade. I guess I'll just bag groceries for a living.

--------------------
大开眼界

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#11343630 - 10/29/09 05:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

oh, you are talking about the way that unrest is maintained in africa to prevent people from taking control of the resources that are rightfully theirs?

africa ought to be the most powerful continent but instead they are kept in a state of corruption so that the organised foreigners can make heaps and heaps of money.

I disagree with your assumption that everyone should become professional... I dunno where you get that value from? maybe it is all the emphasis you put on getting a good education?

not everyone can or should get equal education, you accept this. in fact thats the point of this thread. so wtf?

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11343653 - 10/29/09 06:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
oh, you are talking about the way that unrest is maintained in africa to prevent people from taking control of the resources that are rightfully theirs?

in fact thats the point of this thread. so wtf?

Yes.

I'm always high when I write in here so I go off on tangents. But yes it was originally about inequality and then it somehow diverged into Darwinism, and my last post is the product.

Quote:

not everyone can or should get equal education, you accept this.

Partially. I believe in inequality within education, but that doesn't necessarily mean I believe in no education whatsoever. Those who don't get an education are leaning towards perishment unless they can somehow support themselves through agriculture or whatnot.

Quote:

I disagree with your assumption that everyone should become professional... I dunno where you get that value from? maybe it is all the emphasis you put on getting a good education?

I personally have faith in mankind in that I truly believe we are all capable of becoming professionals or tradesmen. Why can't we all be professionals? Is that really too much to ask for from society? The majority of third-world countries, in terms of population, are worthless in the general and global scope of things. They cannot prove their worth. They can't because of their lack of opportunities. But are opportunities necessarily a right of Man? I'm not saying let's watch these people die. But if we can't do it right, then why help them?
Giving people money isn't help either. Half the time you give a homeless man money he uses it to buy drugs; I'd even dare say more than half. To really help Africa, we need to involve ourselves with it. Integrate education, job training, and social justice into Africans' lives. That's how we should do it. But only after we fix the governments there.

Or we could let them fend for themselves, and worry about ourselves.

The latter is the easiest way out.

--------------------
大开眼界

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #11344138 - 10/29/09 09:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Western society has played a huge role in aiding Africa; yes. What's your point?

Very droll. I believe Western society has plundered far more from Africa than it has give back in aid. To be fair it doesnt really seem that the Africans help themselves as they are mightily corrupt. On the other hand that shouldnt mean we knowingly take advantage of this to the detriment of the poor in Africa.

Slave trading, Sugar, coffee, cotton, minerals etc etc have all played their part in building the western world as we know it today.

For you to then turn around and say we should turn our back on these people and basically let them sink or swim is fairly revolting.

Quote:

My point is that we shouldn't. We shouldn't waste millions of our taxpayers' dollars on helpless Africans when we need to spend it on ourselves; on education, on healthcare, etc. Africa is just another spending indenture for agencies to make money. Every time the government moves massive amounts of money, agencies involved get their own share. It's wrong. We are trying to profit off those who are in dire need.

Firstly is it really being wasted? Secondly the whole game of money is a complete farce in the first place.

I am not interested in tax payers dollars. I try to avoid getting caught up in illusions and fairy stories whenever possible.

The planet we live on is insanely abundant. Nobody needs to go hungry or want for clean water. That is a choice we make by the rules (i.e money) we impose on the way we organise ourselves and interact with each other.

Greed is the problem. End of story.

Btw, if the US and UK had pumped half of what they have into securing oil fields in the last 10 years into Africa the whole place would be looking completely different.

Quote:

But Africa doesn't necessarily need our help. To become sustainable, Africa needs to make internal reforms. They don't need external help.

I agree with your first two points but why wouldnt they need external help. To be honest you dont sound like an expert on international development to me.

Quote:

But if they can't fend for themselves, then yes, I do believe they should all perish.

I feel sorry for you.

Quote:

And no, I'm not advocating genocide. I'm advocating Darwinism. Just because we stop helping others doesn't mean it's genocide.

So hypothetically it is in our power to save a whole nation of people but we decide not to..they all die. Not genocide? Indirect genocide? passive genocide? Call it what you like...its still fucked up.

And you think this is Darwinism? No my friend, Darwin is turning in his grave right now.

You are infected with greed buddy...its not pretty to watch.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order