Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Bisexuality and Biphobia
    #1133334 -

Is bisexuality a congenital condition (a result of conditions in the womb or genetics) or a choice?


--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (12/11/02 05:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: Evolving]
    #1133348 -

Ah the poignant question of the moment.  I hope everyone has their thinking caps on. hehehe :grin:

As an aside right and the beginning of this great thread let me ask another poignant question of the moment.

Do you think men like to talk about sex? :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: ]
    #1133354 -

Do you think men like to talk about sex?

Only when they are not actually doing it; other than that, no.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: ]
    #1133355 -

In reply to:
Do you think men like to talk about sex?



Yes, but not as much as engaging in it.


--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: Evolving]
    #1133360 -

Sorry evolving, I came, er, I got there first.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: Swami]
    #1133366 -

This is another fine mess you've gotten me into.


--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: Evolving]
    #1133372 -

Can we talk about my fear of bicycles?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: Swami]
    #1133376 -

Sure but you should probably start another thread for it.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

You guys are too much!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: Swami]
    #1133377 -

Did you have a bad experience with one when you were a young muscular man of 25?


--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: Evolving]
    #1133387 -

Oh man... You, Plato and Swami are just too much!!!

I keep having to bite my tongue to keep from laughing out loud and having everybody here in the computer lab look at me like I'm crazy!


--------------------
Namaste.

Edited by RebelSteve33 (12/11/02 05:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: Evolving]
    #1133397 -

Now, I think this one is a bit more likely to actually be a choice. There are probably some cases where people are actually attracted to both sexes, but I think it's a little less common. Any straight man could obviously engage in sex with another man if he wanted to, and if he could get himself to be comfortable with the idea, then he might as well go for it. It might not be as good as being with a woman, but it's probably going to be more exciting than jerking off.

I don't think I'd be comfortable with it. I've gotten offers, but the idea made me nervous and uncomfortable. Why? Not exactly sure, but I did think about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if some straight men would have no problem with it.

As for women, I think it's a little bit different. A lot of women seem to be more confused about their sexuality when they're first maturing. Everyone knows that female attraction is based less on physical appearance than male attraction. I think this makes it a little easier to become attracted to someone of the same sex, and to become confused. It probably also makes it easier to get used to the idea of having sex with someone of the same sex.

As a result, it's easier, and more common for women to experiment.

Just speculation, of course, but I think it's a pretty solid theory.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1133415 -

lol

Well it is good to know the Swamster and I are adding to your discomfort.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Cheers,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: ]
    #1133419 -

Poignant isn't the word for it....it must be in the stars... or the water....or the mind......

Maybe the polarity shift is happening right now!!! :blush:


--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: Phluck]
    #1133465 -

In reply to:
Now, I think this one is a bit more likely to actually be a choice.



My choice would be to spend an evening with two bisexual women. I AM NOT BIPHOBIC!


--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality [Re: Evolving]
    #1133476 -

I am so proud of you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality and Biphobia [Re: Evolving]
    #1133725 -

I think it might be biological on some level, but on another level I think it might have to do with having an open mind. Often people who previously considered themselves straight or gay later consider themselves bi. For example, I have a friend who used to consider herself a lesbian, but now she has a boyfriend, so she considers herself bi. While I personally could only see myself in a relationship with a girl, I once made out with a guy and liked it. Curiosity has a lot to do with it, I think. Of course, curiosity is a genetic trait, so you could still argue it's genetics.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bisexuality and Biphobia [Re: silversoul7]
    #1134834 -

Here is one for the books:

I lived in a co-op household in my 20s with 4 others. One of the girls was bisexual. She and her female lover were faithful to one another as far as other women went, but each had many male lovers. Their relationship blew apart when both became pregnant at about the same time.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are all people bisexual?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 6,299 71 08/28/04 07:17 PM
by lovelight
* the bisexual bus and its philosophical tao wheels
( 1 2 all )
Cherk 3,258 21 02/07/08 12:24 PM
by Veritas
* bisexuality *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
0toxic0 3,616 28 09/29/03 07:24 PM
by PIMPtheSYSTEM
* Universal Bisexuality sirbojangles 1,807 9 01/14/07 05:06 PM
by leery11
* Law of Attraction
( 1 2 all )
FreeUrThoughts 2,942 32 04/15/07 05:19 PM
by FreeUrThoughts
* Bisexuality
( 1 2 all )
MushroomTrip 1,361 37 02/15/10 06:34 PM
by blackdust
* Sexual attraction is not natural.
( 1 2 all )
AlphaFalfa 3,812 37 05/10/10 08:54 PM
by GhengisKhan
* Visualization, The Law of Attraction, and Prayer
( 1 2 3 4 all )
OrgoneConclusion 7,195 63 11/16/08 01:27 PM
by Mycomyth

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
982 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.