Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesubatomicmammal
Stranger
question about co2 levels and jar lids
    #1120210 - 12/07/02 06:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

would it be safe to keept he jar lids on loose during incubation to reduce levels of co2 to speed up colonization. or taking the tape off.??.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
Re: question about co2 levels and jar lids [Re: subatomicmammal]
    #1120219 - 12/07/02 06:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

good question, i would like to know the answer to this as well, it seems as it might be very dangerous to contamanation thou, Later in the colonization process might work thou, awaiting guru info................ :smile:

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #1120221 - 12/07/02 06:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

well just depends on how course your verm is and the water levels in your jar already. if its really wet leave em loose. if not leave em tight. usually most people remove tape when they approach 100% if they stall. this is mentioned in pf tek too.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

InvisibleLanaV
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #1120238 - 12/07/02 06:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This is a question thats been around throughout the ages!  :grin:

I don't know if anyone can give you a definite answer, but more like personal preference. 

AFOAF always keeps them tight, then if the jars stall (the mycelium looks like it quits growing) then flip the jars over.  if the jars are 95%+ colonized...birth them!

But thats just what a friend of a friend does.

Lana 

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Offlinesubatomicmammal
Stranger
Re: question about co2 levels and jar lids [Re: Lana]
    #1120400 - 12/07/02 08:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

my god fucking lunatics tell me all sorts of different things i love you none the less for helping me all of you. i have a very fine vermiculite. i assume i have a relatively high moisture content seeing as how i used maximum fruiting formula and can view healthy amounts of condensation within the jars. these jars, mind you, do not exist in the physical external universe like all of us lovely people.. they are merely a projection of my imagination that i toy around with for kicks. i wouldn't do anything illegal. the most immoral thing i would ever do is simply indulge in the activity of masturbation from time to time. this is an advertisement i am trying to sell myself to all of you fine people. i swear there is nowhere for educated gentlemen like myself to go without being hounded by pro life masturbation police officers and fucking mushroom board lunatics telling me all sorts of different things. okay.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation