Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Permatex Form A Gaskter Type 2 For LC jars?
    #10885491 -

Permatex® Form-A-Gasket® No. 2 Sealant   
Permatex® Form-A-Gasket® No. 2 Sealant Reliable paste-like gasket sealant/dressing/coating. Form-A-Gasket No. 2 sets more slowly to a pliable film best suited for non-rigid, vibrating assemblies. Use to 400°F (204°C). Resistant to gasoline and other solvents. Conforms to MIL-S-45180 D.
http://www.neverseezproducts.com/gasketseal.htm
This work okay for making self healing injection ports on LC jars? =D thanks.


--------------------
"Don't attempt to stifle his experimentation because you have a hardon for me." -RogerRabbit

LEARN TENACITY - HAVE PATIENCE.
WITHOUT IT - YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT THIS HOBBY.
-Agar

THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL TRIPSTALMETH STOP JUDGEMENTING ON MY HABITS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gaskter Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: Ingrimus]
    #10885513 -

Yep.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: Doc_T]
    #10963273 -

toot toot fail-boat doc, 7 days later and it's still not anywhere near set, and the little bit that I did manage to set (on a separate piece of balsa wood) had a big hole in it when i pierced it with a pin, no sealing at all.
Next time a "I dunno" would be better =/ thanks though.


--------------------
"Don't attempt to stifle his experimentation because you have a hardon for me." -RogerRabbit

LEARN TENACITY - HAVE PATIENCE.
WITHOUT IT - YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT THIS HOBBY.
-Agar

THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL TRIPSTALMETH STOP JUDGEMENTING ON MY HABITS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: Ingrimus]
    #10963360 -

7 days and it hasn't set? Bad batch maybe?

I dunno. But not setting in a week doesn't sound right.

I don't suppose you... read the instructions?


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: Ingrimus]
    #10963394 -

Ingrimus said:
toot toot fail-boat doc, 7 days later and it's still not anywhere near set, and the little bit that I did manage to set (on a separate piece of balsa wood) had a big hole in it when i pierced it with a pin, no sealing at all.
Next time a "I dunno" would be better =/ thanks though.



Dude, it isnt his fault.  I am an automechanic and I use that stuff all the time, it totally cures on a part in 24 hours.  It should even say that on the package.  If it took that long its bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: sparkplug]
    #10963632 -

3rd tube I tried =P (I had an open one that lasted for one jar, then opened a new one, lost it to my buddy, and opened another new one)
Meh, whatever =D I'm not like "MURR GODDAMN YOU DR."
But it's freaking annoying, and i figured that if i tried that many tubes it'd work at some point.
EITHER WAY. the set stuff does not work for a port, least the bits i had set up,
TO THE RTV! *leaps and bounds*
If at first you don't succeed...try again.
Then again.
then say fuckit, and shell out an extra 4 bucks for RTV.
And the failboat comment was a total joke =P and then a sigh of disappointment u,u


--------------------
"Don't attempt to stifle his experimentation because you have a hardon for me." -RogerRabbit

LEARN TENACITY - HAVE PATIENCE.
WITHOUT IT - YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT THIS HOBBY.
-Agar

THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL TRIPSTALMETH STOP JUDGEMENTING ON MY HABITS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: Doc_T]
    #10963646 -

and I always read the instructions.
my balls shoot up into my stomach, and for that 5-30 seconds, i'm no longer a manly man Q..Q
But that's okay, because then I don't hafta cry later when things go funky.
I'm betting on a bad batch(es? =/) or it got frozen or something, my friend bought a tube from the same place (irlybird) and his hasn't set up either?
Thanks for the help guys, I do <3 it, i'm just pissed and feel like committing random acts of dickery to people trying to aid me in my time of struggle.
<3 thanks for putting up with me


--------------------
"Don't attempt to stifle his experimentation because you have a hardon for me." -RogerRabbit

LEARN TENACITY - HAVE PATIENCE.
WITHOUT IT - YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT THIS HOBBY.
-Agar

THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL TRIPSTALMETH STOP JUDGEMENTING ON MY HABITS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: Ingrimus]
    #10963648 -

Yes, get the RTV gasket maker.  the stuff you have is pliable gasket sealant.


--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #10963657 -

cyb3rtr0n said:
Yes, get the RTV gasket maker.  the stuff you have is pliable gasket sealant.



HA!
SEE?
WHATS UP NOW?
WHAT
THE FUCK
IS UP
NOW!!?!?!?!?!
Naw, just kidding. I'm glad to get a reply though, thanks alot.
NO WONDER IT WASN'T SETTING UP EH?
xD I know the #1 sets up hard, but this stuff I figured would be more like a heavy grease type feeling, which it is. But I had some around, got a "yes" and used it.
alas. OH NO I'LL HAFTA WIPE OFF MY LIDS.
*bitches for no real reason*
=D Thanks guys.


--------------------
"Don't attempt to stifle his experimentation because you have a hardon for me." -RogerRabbit

LEARN TENACITY - HAVE PATIENCE.
WITHOUT IT - YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT THIS HOBBY.
-Agar

THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL TRIPSTALMETH STOP JUDGEMENTING ON MY HABITS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: Ingrimus]
    #10963835 -

Rtv is really cheap why would you skimp out on it- i guess that teaches you a lesson .. "you get what you paid for"' i love rtv !! Its fun to poke at!!

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/42000223@N06/3869737052/sizes/m/


--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: Ingrimus]
    #10963969 -

yar, it's cheap.
but this was cheaper >>
And you see sir...
I'm a cheap bastard.
plus I had some around.
hey you should uuh. send me some of those lids :wink:
j/k.

Also, 11 bucks vs 5 is quite a difference o.0 why pay double if I don't have to? but only if it works the same or better that is. quality > cheapassidry


--------------------
"Don't attempt to stifle his experimentation because you have a hardon for me." -RogerRabbit

LEARN TENACITY - HAVE PATIENCE.
WITHOUT IT - YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT THIS HOBBY.
-Agar

THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL TRIPSTALMETH STOP JUDGEMENTING ON MY HABITS

Edited by Ingrimus (08/29/09 11:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: Ingrimus]
    #10963988 -

I'll look around and find somewhere better (cheaper) to buy it :tongue2: TAH DAH PROBLEM SOLVED.

Oh, and try using the caulk i got around, just fer fun in the meantime


--------------------
"Don't attempt to stifle his experimentation because you have a hardon for me." -RogerRabbit

LEARN TENACITY - HAVE PATIENCE.
WITHOUT IT - YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT THIS HOBBY.
-Agar

THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL TRIPSTALMETH STOP JUDGEMENTING ON MY HABITS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: Ingrimus]
    #10964061 -

I got my rtv for 6 bux


--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Permatex Form A Gasket Type 2 For LC jars? [Re: botanisthype]
    #10964712 -

botanisthype said:
I got my rtv for 6 bux



q,q
Yea, I dunno why its so much here. =/


--------------------
"Don't attempt to stifle his experimentation because you have a hardon for me." -RogerRabbit

LEARN TENACITY - HAVE PATIENCE.
WITHOUT IT - YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT THIS HOBBY.
-Agar

THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL TRIPSTALMETH STOP JUDGEMENTING ON MY HABITS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: 2 liter glass jars w/ plastic lid cheap Anonymous 1,325 3 12/08/99 03:17 AM
by mycofile
* no 1/2 pint jars
( 1 2 all )
fugi187 5,004 28 09/28/02 09:39 AM
by StS
* 1/2 pint wide mouth jar suppliers in the uk liquid_funk 4,646 9 07/10/02 05:35 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* Question about jars earlyriser 788 1 05/19/01 02:26 PM
by dimitri211
* canning jars in uk lizardking 2,555 14 09/12/02 05:11 PM
by boO
* jars? kloK 887 4 08/13/02 04:42 AM
by FanaTEK
* Narrow mouth quart jars, how to get to substrate?? Visigoth 1,088 3 03/28/02 07:49 AM
by Maddoc
* 1/2 Pint Mason Jars
( 1 2 all )
warriorsunite 2,626 23 01/08/03 02:48 PM
by gee_bone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
779 topic views. 10 members, 104 guests and 161 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.