Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: no 1/2 pint jars [Re: fugi187]
    #910444 - 09/26/02 06:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have 2 brand new cases of 1/2 pint wide mouth jars..... I don't do cakes anymore.
If you really can't find any.....and you live close enough.....send me a PM.

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: no 1/2 pint jars [Re: Roadkill]
    #910486 - 09/26/02 06:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

no 1/2 pint jars, heck no jars of any kind in my area. you have PM.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: no 1/2 pint jars [Re: f8L]
    #910500 - 09/26/02 06:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"I'm going to have to disagree with LSAuser on this one...

I did a batch of 1/2 pint PF tek jars -- Colonization time ~25 days
batch of 1 quart jars -- Colonization time - 12 days!"

I'm gonna speak for LSAuser, I think those times he quoted were for PF jars. If you got a PF quart to colonise in 12 days, you need to post a tek.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinef8L
Triumph

Re: no 1/2 pint jars [Re: Skikid16]
    #910653 - 09/26/02 07:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to Skikid16 ...

^^^^^INCUBATION TIME - 9 DAYS ^^^^^^

This picture was taken a few seconds ago by SWIM, it?s one of the 2 quart jars I am referring to... Innoculated September 17, the strain is Gulf Coast-- Substrate is approx 60% MILLET / 40% VERMICULITE

Temp throughout inncubation was 83.5 degrees

process
----------
1) Drill two holes in the lid, one in the middle (slightly larger) used for polyfill, and one on the edge.used to innoculate through. (It?s possible to innculate through the polyfill, but prefer not to.

Note: Did not ?wash? millet off, simply placed into pot, not sure if this has any affect.

2) Measure out sufficient Millet and place into pot, add water till water is covering millet. Set stove on medium, after 5 minutes or so, keep adding water and stirring until Millet is no longer absorbing any water.

Note: Millet used was purchased at Walmart. It is called HARTZ Parakeet Seed (came in a 5 pound bag and consists of Millet Seed, Oat Groats, Canary Grass Seed.)

3) Strain millet using hand strainer or whatever works. Did NOT thoroughly dry Millet like some recommend, simply strain to get rid of excess water.

4) Placed Millet into large bowl, then added Vermiculite. (Did not know the exact ratio, swim determined when enough verm was added so the moisture level resembled a pftek type jar. (IE. if sqeezed lightly, a few drops of water came out)
Finally, add sufficient some water to mixture since the verm absorbs like a mofo.

5) Filled Quart jar approximately a little less than 2/3?s of the jar. Added polyfill to the middle hole. Placed a small piece of electrical tape over smaller hole. Then pressure cooked at 15 PSI for one hour.

6) Let sit for roughly 5 hours to cool down. Took off tinfoil. Shook jar rigourously for 2 minutes. Then, used Oven Tek for sterility (IE. turn oven on broil, let it heat up, then innoculated near oven). Used approx. 3 CC?s of Gulf Coast strain per jar, purchased at thelittleguy.com

7) Placed in inncubation temp of 83.5, after 3 days no colonization appeared. Proceeded to shake jar rigoursly for 2 minutes. After 5 days, colonization approx 30%, 7 days colonization approx 70%, after 9 days colonization completed.

Well, that?s it... You wanted to know how swim did it. Swim will try to replicate this method a few times, with different strains and let you know the results. I think the most important part of this very QUICK colonization time was the fact that the jar was only filled half way.. After the jar was shaken, jar looks approx 2/3 full.
Let me know if you have any questions about this method.

Edited by f8L (09/26/02 08:55 PM)

Offlinefugi187
Neo

Loc: The Matrix
Re: no 1/2 pint jars [Re: BleedingSickness]
    #910915 - 09/26/02 09:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thanx for all the great info and support guys. I should be getting my syringes in the mail by the end of next week so I will definetly keep everyone posted on how everything turns out. Special Thanx to BleedingSickness for all the great information and making me feel better about inoculating with Creeper since u said u have had good results with them. Once again thanx alot guys and I am sure I will have more posts in the near future

Peace

The World is yours

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: no 1/2 pint jars [Re: f8L]
    #911251 - 09/26/02 11:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Nice, my buddy got double happy when reading this cause he just got his Pressure Cooker today, he's thinking of doing some birdseed work this weekend. Thanks for the tek.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Loc: in the mountains
Re: no 1/2 pint jars [Re: fugi187]
    #913081 - 09/27/02 06:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Just wanted to mention something very annoying that happned to me, as you did I went around looking for 1/2 pint jars everywhere. When I was just about to give up from looking for 3 months I went back to the first place a looked and bought some big mason jars and figured I would give it a try. The manager said he couldnt sell them to me because they originaly came in a box and I got mad and said well "where are the boxes then!!!" so he took me to the back and showed me about 200 boxes of EVERY type of jar, including 1/2 wide mouth... my suggestion.. just to try... go back to where you have gotten the jars and ask if they have anything else in stock in the "back" maybe you'll get as lucky as me  :wink: good luck

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:
http://cannanetics.com

OfflineMechanicalMan
Stranger

Re: no 1/2 pint jars [Re: LSAuser]
    #914401 - 09/28/02 06:58 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

1/2 pint=10% of contams, 4 weeks to colonize

Anyone who loses 10% of their jars to contams is doing a bad fucking job and needs to be more careful.

OfflineStS
treetoker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: no 1/2 pint jars [Re: MechanicalMan]
    #914532 - 09/28/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Anyone who loses 10% of their jars to contams is doing a bad fucking job and needs to be more careful.

10% would be one out of ten jars. How is that so bad?

--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder