Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Crop Circles. [Re: Phluck]
    #1077917 - 11/22/02 08:38 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting link. Not a very good circle though. Doesn't even look like it has smooth curves but that might just be the picture. Don't geigercounters (sp) go apeshit in cropcircles too? And what about circles in fields of mustard? The stalks are bent at 90 degrees and because the plant is so brittle it's supposed to break before it gets to that point. But I'm tired of chasing around all those little facts and I just wanna see a half-made kickass circle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: Crop Circles. [Re: Dogomush]
    #1078209 - 11/22/02 10:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yea i saw that think that was posted on Discovery channel. this circle is not only far from PERFECT, it is also very very simple you can't compare that poor excuse for a crop circle tooo..... [image]http://www.karinya.com/crop1.htm[/image]

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: Crop Circles. [Re: FatNug]
    #1078215 - 11/22/02 10:27 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

damnit i cant figure out how to post picture...but you get the point check out the site!! theres no way people could make such a perfectly , and i stress perfectly designed formation, with cross lying grain, radiation, no broken stalks, in a matter of hours OR LESS, without aaaanyone seeing anything!! no way!! sometimes we have to accept that humans aren't the be all end all of intelligence..hell there are animals here which are damn near as smart as us *cough dolphins chough*

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
    #1078236 - 11/22/02 10:44 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Actually, people HAVE been caught making crop circles. It was part of the Discovery Channel special when infrared cameras were set up to film crop fields close to where other crop circles had recently appeared.

And the funny part of the special was when the Discovery Channel got a team of people to create some crop circles just to see how the public would react. A university professor observed the circles and absolutely insisted that there was "no way" people could have made the patterns that he had observed in the crop fields and that the stalks had been broken in a way that couldn't have been reproduced by pranksters. Well, the "pranksters" showed him how they did it, and that doctor sure looked dumb.

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Anonymous

#1079456 - 11/23/02 01:39 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

There you go! :smile:

Cheers, 

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Crop Circles. [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1079489 - 11/23/02 01:59 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

A university professor observed the circles and absolutely insisted that there was "no way" people could have made the patterns that he had observed in the crop fields I was watching Rick Mercer's Talking to Americans last night, and he had university professors from Harvard, princeton, Berkely and others saying some pretty dumb shit. I'd like to see the show, and see just how huge the crop circles they were making were.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Crop Circles. [Re: Dogomush]
    #1079536 - 11/23/02 02:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly, just because someone is a university professor doesn't mean they aren't a complete fucking moron.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1079543 - 11/23/02 02:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I remember seeing on some pro-crop circle site, they had "here's what a NASA astrophysicist has to say about crop circles" and he was saying that he didn't think people would be able to pull it off. Well, what the hell does he know about manipualting crops? His job is make calculations related to space and the universe, he has absolutely no expertise in agriculture, or biogolgy, or engineering.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1079636 - 11/23/02 03:00 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly, just because someone is a university professor doesn't mean they aren't a complete fucking moron.

i really have no opininion on the veracity(or lack of it) re crop circles......but i must agree with Pluck on the above statement  :grin: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Anonymous

#1079769 - 11/23/02 04:12 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"I remember seeing on some pro-crop circle site, they had "here's what a NASA astrophysicist has to say about crop circles" and he was saying that he didn't think people would be able to pull it off. Well, what the hell does he know about manipualting crops? His job is make calculations related to space and the universe, he has absolutely no expertise in agriculture, or biogolgy, or engineering."

Yes, another way of saying this is that an expert outside his field is no better than amateur. This is why I don't buy products from sports figures unless they are related to the product.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Crop Circles. [Re: ]
    #1080161 - 11/23/02 07:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I like that one, best-to-date.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies