Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
My Sadness
    #1059539 - 11/17/02 02:56 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Rambling thoughts of a good man......

I was once thinking how Rome had its collesium and that it was used to appease the masses from focusing on the strive of its government and people....

Today I see leagues of minor, major and professional teams that are there for our amusement....

Life seemingly today is simply about satisfying the now; the ability of a successfull government is one that appeases the masses much like Rome did for its cititzens....

Roma was proud of its mighty armies, USA is very proud of its armies.. Roma makes the world Rome, USA makes the world US.

Religion is our evelutionary handicap... We see simply are what we are told.... Life is so complex, but yet we still focus on what we are told to believe...

Logic is hard to find, sadly emotion is what humankind focuses on most of all these last 1000 years....Fear, Belonging, and conformity is what the vast majority of us strive for..

While part of this world see's wealth and comfortable lifestyles..... The other see's outdated beliefs such as women who can't show skin and can't even drive a car...

When someone tells me that one day Women were given the right to vote, I thought well obviously, they'd be stupid to have not figured that out.... Yet a big part of this world thinks that women are inferior, and all in the name of religion... Orignal text of the bible suggested we stone women to death for cheating.. What God would do this?

Someone told me that a belief in a god is the focus of 90% of this world, and that how could all these people be wrong? Well I simply think that we are no different than those who believed that the world was flat.... Time heals all wounds.... Time teaches us that one universal truth rings true; "That nothing stays the same, and that one day what you hold true will become false"

The answers are in front of us everyday, but simple as those answers are we choose to complicate these things and focus on what isn't important....

Is one small minorty of this world using up the majority of the worlds resources? YES.... Is a child born in Africa any worse than one born in the US? No... Enviornment is our destiny.

Should we strive for better things? YES.... Do we? No.. Why, because we are all selfish... How we each view the world and each other is what envelopes our lifes....

What do I see in the future? Simple, eventually all religious belief will become silly and we will finally start to focus on what really matters, LOGIC.

How can you defute logic? Logic is what makes us move forward, makes us live longer lives, makes us understand all that surrounds us...

Does the bible say, "hey question everything you've learned and think for yourself".... No it says do what I say, and anyone who doesn't has no faith...

Faith comes in many forms, the most humane form comes from what we call Bhuddists today.. The belief that we are responsible for our own actions(not in some master plan of a god), that we create the world we believe in...

Would Israel and Palastine hate each other if there was no religion?

God is the cancer of humankind, we created our own worst evil....

God help us all. :wink: 

Edited by Thor (11/17/02 03:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: My Sadness [Re: Thor]
    #1059554 - 11/17/02 03:12 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I envision a future in which the religions become more flexible and merge into one global religion in which all views and perceptions of reality are accepted and valid.. no struggles over who is right.. only the cooperative efforts of all to create a fully integrated, diverse and accepting society. The foundation of which is love for one another and open to anything. Striving towards the greater truth in harmony, instead of stagnating over endless semantics. A place where people take responsibility for their actions, and take charge of their own life.

Along with this integration of religions and world view, I see the fall of the controlling power structures and a new structure taking it's place.. one based on sovereignity, peace, truth, acceptance and understanding.

This is taken from a recent Pao update.
The illegal government that controls your last major 'superpower' must be replaced, immediately and unconditionally, by a true constitutional regime. Moreover, those who have established the corrupt infrastructure that is the true secret power behind this vile 'government' must also relinquish their many positions of influence. Now, the time for these actions is long overdue. For the past half-decade, this last 'old line' cabal has defied common sense and even disregarded many of the agreements it had reached with its peers. This obstinate group has reviled the word of Heaven by continuing to do as they wish. Soon, dear Ones, the great hammer of Heaven will drop. That mighty hammer is the Galactic Federation of Light. For too long, we have stood by and watched as those who ran your world determined the direction of the new realm they would create. This process was meant to be a joint effort between them and each one of you. Our task has been simply to supervise and offer assistance when necessary. Now, many actions are about to be completed. We tell you this to assure you of their prompt manifestation.

Let us create a new reality, one where free will is the name of the day and love is the way we play.

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: My Sadness [Re: Shroomism]
    #1059565 - 11/17/02 03:19 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Religion is control, power...

Why should we create a situation where individuals are forced to belong to some group?

Why don't we focus on that we each unique humans decide on our own what we believe in this crazy world and that it is not about who believes what, but what we do as humans that matters most.

Belief is what we hold dear to our own, not what others tell us we need to believe or should believe...

Individuality is all important, not mass control.

Anonymous

#1059590 - 11/17/02 03:38 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

you make great points. 90% of the strife in the world is all in the name of God.

you ever see that onion comic, where God gives this speech, "Jesus people, commandment number 1 is thou shall not kill. not if you feel like it, not if so and so wrongs you, definetely not in my name! there is no 1b that says when you can. quit killing each other, fuck!" is basically what it says its funny and sad.

religious fanatics are idiotic. they can't step outside themselves for 2 seconds and realize, wait a sec, different people in different parts of the world have different ideas of God! so hmmm, theres 15 contradictory ideas out there, only 0 or 1 could be right..... WTF makes people think that THEY are the ones who have it exactly right. theyre a product of what they been molded into by where they live. but instead, people think they have it right, everyone else is wrong, theyve found the big secret, and since THEY are the ones that have it they can go kill people in the name of God.

sweet jesus it is pathetic how ignorant people can be and how destructive it all turns
islamic fundamentalists waging suicide campaigns all over the world
christians and protestants killing each other in ireland
hardline hindus and muslims fucking each other up in kasmir
even major injustices in the usa like the drug war have their roots in our puritanical heritage

how did we ever get so screwed up?

my advice to everyone:
If you are compelled to explore spirituality, by all means do it. But strive to be spiritual, not religiously affiliated. Think for yourself, don't let someone else do it for you.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1059591 - 11/17/02 03:39 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

That's what I'm talking about.. no religion... the only "religion" is human... where everyone has their beliefs and no one is more right or wrong than someone else... no one has to belong to a certain group.. we are integrated therefore we interact with all creatures of the Universe in harmony... leave judgement in the past. We are all human.s having a physical experience on the same planet... we are linked. Like it or not, we are a diverse civilization so the only way for true peace is that we all just accept each other.

I'm not talking about mass control, in fact I'm talking about the exact opposite. People taking control of their own lives, and a government that supports these people and helps them achieve their dreams. A government based on the well being and happiness of all beings...not just a select wealthy few. And a crumpling of organized religion into a mass human religion who's only rule is "Believe whatever you believe in and think for yourself"

Yeah perhaps I just have my head in the clouds, but we can work towards a future where freedom, individuality is a divine right for all people.

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: My Sadness [Re: ]
    #1059596 - 11/17/02 03:43 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks..

But what I also prose is simply this, that society as we know it today is NO different that the roman era.

We control society through means that were used in Roman days.

Masses (peasants) are amused and distracted by sports, entertainment, and a media that is more manipulative than the most zealous nazi could have ever dreamed of.

We are simply no farther than humans 100's of years ago... Yeah we have more personal rights/freedoms... BUT, our daily lives are controlled and manipulated by the tiny minority (ladies/lords, upper class) that control much of the worlds wealth and influence...

Hell, even the Bush family has roots to the British monarchy and its lineage..

We are slowly evolving, thanks mainly to greed and self serving attitudes we are far away from what one day will be a utopia compared to our adolescent human stage of evolvement.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1059607 - 11/17/02 03:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I like your view.

But I truly believe that power will always strive for what is not in our best interest.

Control/power/governments in my mind will for 100's of years more be interchangeable.....

We are the adolescents of our humankind's development... 1000 years from now they will look upon us as emotionally challenged and too willing to commit to popular belief..

We are weak. One day far into the future we will be strong individuals who seek only the betterment of ourselves and won't have to worry about financial gains or anything of that sort...

Don't forget that we will have the technology to live hundreds of years, possibly even for eternity in the next few hundred years.... Also monetary need will be completely gone as we find ways to create anything we desire thanks to nano-technology..

Humankind will enter a very amazing age where we are going to have to face our beliefs like no time before.. This is when free thinkers will be cherished and religion will start to die out quickly..

Edited by Thor (11/17/02 03:51 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1059621 - 11/17/02 04:00 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, and that time is now. We have the resources, global communication , and technology to start forming a strong society based on knowledge and understanding.

I too believe one day we will look back at this time period and laugh at our own ignorance. But I think that time is closer than we think. The masses are restless. They are tired of the controlling powers, and like any other great empire... it will fall. Let us be prepared for the fall and create a new one in it's place where we can focus on the betterment of humankind and Earth as a whole... working together to create an advanced society that is not based on material gain or power over others, but on developing our own personal spirituality... on creating a society based on helping one another.. based on the pursuit of true wisdom and a peaceful and happy populace. Once at this point we can fully explore our human consciousness with no boundaries.. expanding on technologies and creating a true utopian society in constant pursuit of wisdom... accept the fact that we don't know everything and no matter how much we think we know there is always room for improvement...striving for excellence. Always ready to drop any old beliefs in form of newer, more functional and logical ones... always prepared to change the system when new information comes along that warrants a change. Acceptance and openness...

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (11/17/02 04:06 AM)

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1059627 - 11/17/02 04:07 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I fear 500 yrs is a realistic goal.....

Honestly the powers that be will hand out scraps of human development.

We are but pawns in their game, and even though its not a planned game, they are definately the ones in control of the outcome...

Slowly but surely Science will be our savior and will force what will become a human revelution of enormous proportions.

Humankind will reach an enlightened stage in relative terms to our society of today... But then again those lucky fools will also have to evolve to another level as their future ancestors will achieve...

What makes me smile the most is the inevetability of change and the insignificance of our own state of being today... We will always evolve and improve...

Just wish it would happen a lot sooner :smile:

Thankfully there is cryogenics... I'm signing up (no joke).

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1059632 - 11/17/02 04:12 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You nailed it on the head.... inevitability of change

Change is inevitable... I don't think the time it happens in matters nearly as much as this fact.

There will be a revolution. Maybe the revolution started in the 60s... maybe it's picking up speed again now in a new era... an era where information can be exchanged quickly and openly. All it takes is critical mass. If you have enough people that demand change, change will occur.

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1059635 - 11/17/02 04:16 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed.

But critical mass is far from happening.

Look at the current state... 90% of this world believes in a god.

Much of this world believes that women can't work, teach, or drive a car.

Much of this world belives that countries are important above anything else (pride)..

We have to learn to become a human race, not stupid self serving patriots of a country like americans, canadians, british, etc..

We are all so similar, yet we celebrate our differences.

That has to change in order for the revelution to even start.

Many generations are ahead of this change, its slow and sadly very painfull to change such old and popular belief systems.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1059638 - 11/17/02 04:18 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Oh and to that person who asked I get more involved in this forum, HAHAHAHA, you asked for it! :wink:

Sorry, but I've always felt it better to discuss these kinds of things in person... Putting it all into words is often difficult.

Tonight was a rare night for me; putting it into words I mean :smile:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1059644 - 11/17/02 04:22 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah...people as a whole need a "reality check"

Some worldwide cataclysms would be pretty good in getting people to focus on the more important things in life..and uniting togethe to survive..methinks...

Change is first made from within

Once we are stripped of our pride and ego, all we have left is the humbleness and gratefullness of being alive, and able to experience and breath.

This could come in many forms, I just want it to come soon!

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (11/17/02 04:23 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1059648 - 11/17/02 04:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Heh yes, words do put a boundary on what we try to express.. but it is not so much the words that matter... as it is the life of the spirit behind them..

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1059662 - 11/17/02 04:45 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"the Empire never Ended"

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #1059695 - 11/17/02 05:30 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In the many hours I've spent pondering and hoping for better things, I've come to reduce the variables to a common source.

I've found that a lot of the pain around the globe seems to stem from fear and shame. Before industrial times, people said hello to eachother, inquired of their origin, offered food and shelter as though it was perfectly natural. And it was. Before that, people barely concealed themselves. Canvas homes offered little privacy. And much before that, nobody thought terrible shame -- or even supernatural evil -- in nudity.

Now, we wear clothes not just to cover up our appearance, but also to mislead people about our appearance. We bottle ourselves up in brick-walled houses so tightly sealed that even the homes in warm climates require a machine to circulate the air to be suitable to support life. People hide behind tinted windows in their cars, some behind tinted sunglasses. It seems that people desperately don't want others to see the plain truth about who they are.

If all of us would stop lying and misrepresenting eachother, we'd begin to understand our nature, and also begin to heal. If we were to accept the plain truth that we are all fallible beings that make mistakes and do unusual things, we'd begin to realize that competing to dominate the globe is such a tired waste of energy. If we'd realize that we all came from and are headed to the same place, that we are essentially one unit experiencing itself, there'd be no cause to raise a weapon or drop a bomb.

And so, in fear and shame, we've created elaborate systems that takes the focus off what is real, what's important, and places it on the path to success, power, adoration. All that matters is my big bank account. I just want a family and a nice living room. I just want a nice car. I just want a big TV. I just want a DVD player. I just want a new sofa. I just want a bigger TV. I just want a faster car. I just want the kids to move out.

Then I can finally be happy.

But behind all the numbers on our bank statements, the embossed glitter on our credit cards, the clink of our keys and the roar of our engines, are small, fragile little people who just want acceptance, forgiveness, tolerance and understanding. As one struts down the street with jewlery of inflated ego and pride, the one who does not deny his or herself feels a twinge of intimidation. And both of them, for opposite reasons, are kept down, counter-productive, afraid, and powerless to achieve something truly good.

These are all biblical concepts; what I believe to be the true point of the Bible. If you look through Genesis, you see stories of human harmony. Harmony that endured by it's own momentum until humanity succumb to fear, and took on shame in the form of fig leaves. What a strange, duplicite vision of God we conjured all those thousands of years ago: One which is claimed to be an all loving, all forgiving, all accepting Lord -- but also One who decimates the earth time and time again out of pure wrath. It doesn't seem to me that those two traits came from the same pen. Who would be inspired by a such a manic deity?

Through mistranslation and blatant manipulation, the Bible became a true evil that masquerades as ultimate good. Poisoning minds undetected, muting all growth and progress. An evil that divides, isolates, and selectively destroys.

Such was Rome, such is America, and by extension, such is most of the world.

Spencer Tunick

Genesis 1:16-17
Deuteronomy 28:35
Rev 20:7-8

----------------------------------------------------
Hath mine ears bewitched me with whispers of sanity?

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Edited by Ped (11/17/02 05:59 AM)

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Ped]
    #1059801 - 11/17/02 09:23 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Anonymous

Re: My Sadness [Re: Macey Howard]
    #1059811 - 11/17/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Just like a honky, always making fun of black people.  :mad:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Dude, get the degree so you can come back and post! :wink: 

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1059918 - 11/17/02 11:05 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thor...
Your state of mind mirrors my own, so I empathize a great deal with you here.

Putting all my emotions aside on this issue is rather difficult but I'll try...

We will have our revolution soon.
It will be greater than we ever imagined.
For my now, my "religion" is compassion.
I even feel compassion for the people presently in control.
We all make errors in judgement, and it is a fundemental part of our evolution.
Some errors, put forth by the right people, just happen to be accepted as "laws" and have been enforced for generations leaving us with the system we have now.

The world is going to war, and not just in Iraq.
Sometimes, in our own mind even, we may feel as though there are two sides fighting with one another.
Everywhere people are feeling like there's a giant rift forming between what's "right" and what's been written as the law.
Where do we go from here? I don't know...
Personally, I'm content just to "go with the flow" and let compassion be my light in the dark.

If you're not afraid to die then death is not seen as the ultimate defeat. From this viewpoint, there is no obstacle too large to overcome.

Edited by dee_N_ae (11/17/02 11:21 AM)

Anonymous

#1060261 - 11/17/02 03:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Wise words my friend, and I agree all too much. I came to the same conclusion that this world acts on emotion entirely too much, and no logic. But I do see hope in the future, we has humans are evolving, It may not be in my lifetime, or the next, but one day...we will all get there. My only worry is we will kill eachother off before we have the chance.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order