Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: igwna]
    #10064051 -

I wonder why it's scary. Why should being alive be a scary thing?


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: Poid]
    #10064062 -

its scary because we are coming close to knowing whats going on.. but we're still rather far from understanding it.


and its not always scary, but it can be.


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: igwna]
    #10064069 -

Life shouldn't be scary, though, IMO. Mostly we get scared when we realize what we thought we knew about things is false.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: Poid]
    #10064075 -

man.... i totally know what ur saying, sorry late response.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: Poid]
    #10064090 -

Poid said:
Life shouldn't be scary, though, IMO. Mostly we get scared when we realize what we thought we knew about things is false.




ooooh yeah! I didn't even think of that. :thumbup:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: igwna]
    #10064094 -

I used to get that feeling, like being really, really high would open up all these 'vapourous' insights that would get lost in the thin air. But somehow, through altering my consciousness enough, I've learned how to condense these insights into truths I can carry with me all day long, whether I'm high or not. Keep on searching, grasshopper, you're close.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: igwna]
    #10064101 -

theMERRYiguana said:
Poid said:
Life shouldn't be scary, though, IMO. Mostly we get scared when we realize what we thought we knew about things is false.




ooooh yeah! I didn't even think of that. :thumbup:



It's a wonder why drugs are illegal...:strokebeard:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: iamconfused]
    #10064104 -

i can still realize them and often times describe them to people while not high. some drugs really do help my philosophical side and future conversations.


life is a great learning experience.


Poid said:
theMERRYiguana said:
Poid said:
Life shouldn't be scary, though, IMO. Mostly we get scared when we realize what we thought we knew about things is false.




ooooh yeah! I didn't even think of that. :thumbup:



It's a wonder why drugs are illegal...:strokebeard:



its a good thing we don't do any of that. did you catch the new american idol? :wow:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Edited by igwna (03/29/09 05:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: iamconfused]
    #10065418 -

iamconfused said:
I used to get that feeling, like being really, really high would open up all these 'vapourous' insights that would get lost in the thin air. But somehow, through altering my consciousness enough, I've learned how to condense these insights into truths I can carry with me all day long, whether I'm high or not. Keep on searching, grasshopper, you're close.




How do you do it though? It feels like all these insights I'm getting will all just slip away and there is nothing I can do about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: Poptart]
    #10065451 -

I have a journal I always keep handy to write down personal insights and ideas.

Shit probably half of my ideas for my writing have come from being high in deep states of thought.


--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #10065645 -

CokedUpHobit64 said:
I have a journal I always keep handy to write down personal insights and ideas.

Shit probably half of my ideas for my writing have come from being high in deep states of thought.



Ya I always plan on writing my thoughts down when I'm high but whenever I actually am high I keep telling myself that I just won't understand when I'm sober and I won't be able to put my thoughts into words.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: Poptart]
    #10065817 -

The reason we get fucking brilliant ideas when were high is because marijuana stimulates the frontal lobe area, which is where our creativity is located. So we tend to synthesize previous ideas in new creative ways. That's why people tend to come up with new paradigms when high.

When ever i'm high and I know I'm getting a good thought train going, I'll record it on my laptop. So I have a few recordings of my ideas, which surprisingly make a lot of sense sober. I'm actually in the process of synthesizing all of my ideas into a book.

Just did a recording last night, and it was fucking brilliant. I consider marijuana to be a full blown psychedelic.


--------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: Jawofmalak]
    #10065852 -

ya people just over do weed and so they don't really experience the psychedelic effects so much.

Tolerance is a bitch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: Poptart]
    #10065869 -

That's why i only smoke maybe once every two weeks. Tolerance really destroys what makes weed special to me. I've found that when i smoke it a lot, it just makes me dumb.


--------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: Jawofmalak]
    #10066977 -

Jawofmalak said:
The reason we get fucking brilliant ideas when were high is because marijuana stimulates the frontal lobe area, which is where our creativity is located. So we tend to synthesize previous ideas in new creative ways. That's why people tend to come up with new paradigms when high.

When ever i'm high and I know I'm getting a good thought train going, I'll record it on my laptop. So I have a few recordings of my ideas, which surprisingly make a lot of sense sober. I'm actually in the process of synthesizing all of my ideas into a book.

Just did a recording last night, and it was fucking brilliant. I consider marijuana to be a full blown psychedelic.




if i write down even just a sentence of the stuff i want to remember while high i can usually recall most of it the next day. :thumbup:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: Poptart]
    #10067023 -

Poptart said:
CokedUpHobit64 said:
I have a journal I always keep handy to write down personal insights and ideas.

Shit probably half of my ideas for my writing have come from being high in deep states of thought.



Ya I always plan on writing my thoughts down when I'm high but whenever I actually am high I keep telling myself that I just won't understand when I'm sober and I won't be able to put my thoughts into words.



I have been doing that since last August I basically only write in it when I'm messed up. For some reason when messed up I thought of the brilliant Idea to start from the last page and write the notebook in reverse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: 1upshroom]
    #10067084 -

sounds like the fucked up you wanted to be a dick to the sober you :lol:

"Heh, I'm going to hate myself for this" :hehehe:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: Poptart]
    #10067224 -

Poptart said:
I don't know about you guys but when I'm high I just think of brilliant shit. But the irony is that I'm always too high to write down or remember my brilliant ideas.

It's like everytime I get high I'm like. Oh shit all of lifes secrets are hidden in our brain and drugs bring them out. They show you your shadow.

I think our brains are basically recording our thoughts and emotions throughout life and when we die our personal conciousness is released into all of our collective unconciousness and we experience oneness with everything.

But when I'm "not" high I don't really understand what that means...

So ya I feel like when I'm high I'm learning all this important information about life and existence but the irony is that I'm forgeting it all because of the effects of weeds short term memory loss. So it's like being stoned is pointless for making my sober life better.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?



I used to hang a zen mp3 player around my neck to record myself, try giving that a shot. You'll probably find that the stuff you think of isn't all that brilliant, it just seems like it is because your high.

If you want to do something constructive with your stoned mind, try doing something that involves creativity.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10067249 -

creating new philosophies and theories IS creative :crazy2:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Irony of being high. [Re: igwna]
    #10067259 -

You don't create philosphy.:crazy2:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Was Lewis Carroll on LSD, Shrooms or A Musc?
( 1 2 all )
GabrielKnight 28,705 37 12/05/09 01:02 PM
by kaste
* The Rise in the Use of Hallucinogenic Drugs in the 1990s I_Fart_Blue 2,925 9 10/03/16 06:31 PM
by g00ru
* A good Datura experience (some guys trip report)
( 1 2 all )
cybrbeast 4,473 22 01/09/04 01:33 PM
by cybrbeast
* ~Name some brilliant music~
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 7,757 34 07/02/03 08:37 AM
by Clean
* Ghost experiences
( 1 2 3 all )
Dreamer987 7,470 45 08/24/18 03:07 PM
by mendocino_beano
* Please read this if you are a fan of irony kronnyQ 680 13 02/09/05 11:14 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* The Waking Nightmare: Level 5 Trip with no hallucinogens hankydanky2k 3,152 14 03/13/04 05:16 AM
by amorpheus
* oh the irony BrAiN 514 6 02/14/05 01:30 PM
by Its Pat

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,296 topic views. 2 members, 221 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.