Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Why do people in the military
    #9938816 -

feel the need to put their military membership on exhibition constantly?


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: anyone420]
    #9938819 -

It's ingrained in their heads as part of their training.  "The Few, The Proud, The marines"


They talk it & teach it up so much in their training that they truly feel 'elite' when they leave.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: memes]
    #9938823 -

why does coaster post dr00gz?


im in the reserve for a certain country and the only military things i have are my fatigues.  and my one way ticket in case of drafting.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: memes]
    #9938826 -

Yeah from thats what they put in there heads. I would never go into any kind of military because 80% of the people have the whats the word? like flash backs and shit. I know I don't want to go threw that shit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: pong]
    #9938831 -

Maybe because its natural to associate with a particular group? 

Why do people get mushroom tattoo's and do other things to celebrate drug use and identify themselves as "hippies"? 

We all just want to belong.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: anyone420]
    #9938837 -

anyone420 said:
feel the need to put their military membership on exhibition constantly?



Why do you care?


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: anyone420]
    #9938845 -

why do hippies and activists feel the need to do the same

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9938853 -

Cause they're proud of it. Why does anyone exhibit anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: badchad]
    #9938885 -

badchad said:
Maybe because its natural to associate with a particular group? 

Why do people get mushroom tattoo's and do other things to celebrate drug use and identify themselves as "hippies"? 

We all just want to belong.



:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: krypto2000]
    #9938901 -

Exhibition is fine, and a reality.  However, i have found that military members in particular engage in exhibition at the most inappropriate times.  Something like a religious person proselytizing others extraneously in an unrelated setting. 

Perhaps its my personal bias, but these types of aggressive imposition of ideas really turn me off from attempting to like a person. 

Military members in particular stand out, because they often speak as if they are an authority on certain matters solely through their military membership.  They love to talk about violence, as if its as casual as brushing ones teeth. 

I guess the military attracts those types of people.. but excessive exhibition in an inappropriate setting its like a big "im stupid" sign across ones forehead.


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: anyone420]
    #9938909 -

Well, to some violence is as casual as brushing ones teeth.
You run and fight all day every day in training.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: jewunit]
    #9938912 -

well seing as i dont really brush id say violence and teeth brushing are at the same level





:smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: pong]
    #9938914 -

You don't count you're in the reserves.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: jewunit]
    #9938953 -

hehe

u speak truth.


im not even gonna do shit even if there is a draft. haha.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: jewunit]
    #9938961 -

Yah, I never understood the appeal of joining the military, at all. I can see enjoying hand to hand combat, or.. well, any kind of combat, but only in 'good sport' yunno. I don't get the... hate. The 'I wanna kill these people.'

I don't even really understand the need to protect your country. I mean, if people are invading, sure, kill those guys, you gotta defend your shit, but why do we need to ever go start a war not on our own ground. If they're treating people badly then the people will revolt and do something about it themselves.

I too understand that's not always the case, and I see the need for us to step in at times, sometimes others just can't protect themselves, but this country, this whole world, just seems fucking war crazy. I don't get it. Why would you ever wanna harm another individual? I've gotten pissed and hit my friends.. well.. only one particular friend, when I was younger, but I always felt horrible about it very shortly after.

I don't get the whole motto. Maybe it's gotta do with how you're raised, I dunno... I grew up with a military father though and... here I am :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: krypto2000]
    #9938976 -

i also dont understand why anyone would sign up at will to the military for anything other than basic training.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: anyone420]
    #9938984 -

The same reason gay people put their gayness on exhibition.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: krypto2000]
    #9938991 -

My friend joined because college just wasn't working out.
Not only does it potentially whip your ass in gear, but you get paid too.
I haven't talked to him in a while so I don't know how he feels about it (this is his third year I think), but he did just find out he might go to Iraq, which wasn't a possibility known to him until a few months ago (he's a prison guard in Okinawa.)

My brother joined the reserves because he's a bum, didn't finish school and wanted to whip his ass into gear and get money.
He blew the money and he's still a lazy fuck so it obviously didn't work for him. I think he's glad he had the experience though (went to Iraq.)


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do people in the military [Re: jewunit]
    #9939021 -

Ive been wanting to become a pilot and flight school costs 10,000. Im thinking of possibly joining the Air National Guard so I can get the training.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: jewunit]
    #9939022 -

.


--------------------
.

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My life and the military! *DELETED* Fungushungry 669 7 11/30/03 12:31 PM
by Effed
* Help - in terrible pain
( 1 2 3 all )
Delyrium 5,342 48 11/24/03 08:05 AM
by chinacat72
* physics help minusrestraint 1,730 14 01/30/03 06:31 AM
by Jackal
* Help with starting a band
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,285 20 03/11/03 08:15 AM
by JonnyOnTheSpot
* Anorexia HELP!!!!! Jackden 1,238 12 09/29/03 02:16 AM
by BrainFarmer
* Pill may help people overcome fears LearyfanS 1,164 10 11/11/03 06:56 PM
by RunDMT
* Help me dream lucidly!! TODAY 1,116 8 01/16/04 03:47 AM
by TODAY
* I Need Help with....
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,358 27 11/21/03 11:26 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,233 topic views. 4 members, 18 guests and 217 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.