Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Waiting Substrate
    #987209 - 10/23/02 06:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

well i wanted to do shrooms one night and i wanted to mix my substrate so i mixed my substrate with holes punched and all. got the right mixture solution and so on and so forth. so i sealed them off with foil air tight mind you :ooo: . and so i took the shrooms and you all knnow how that goes. well i didnt care anyway and went on with some new perspectives... yeah and left them for 3 days without boilding. but they are safe from oustide contaminants. :wink: . and my friend finally boiled them. and when we cut away the foil to begin innoculation. there was a beautifully sweet smell. i wonder could letting the substrate sit for a few days had let the organic brown rice flour decompose to a state much more suitable for the conditions i would latter put it under making a much more suitable environment for my shrooms?! and so i looked to see if there was any information and i could not find any. if anyone has tried this or think it will or wont work and why or why not let me know but i think it might be something worth looking into. thank you for your time  :smile:  :grin:    Zeeerrrrroooooooooooo o o o o o o o 

--------------------
What?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: Waiting Substrate [Re: Zero7a1]
    #988125 - 10/24/02 12:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

>i wonder could letting the substrate sit for a few days had let the organic brown rice flour decompose to a state much more suitable for the conditions i would latter put it under making a much more suitable environment for my shrooms?!

no. sounds like your substrate started fermenting.
chuck it and start again.
sorry:tongue:

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Waiting Substrate [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #990010 - 10/24/02 05:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

please dont tell me that. i worked so hard...  :confused: are you SURE? i mean i dont want to throw it out if thats what it is but lol yeah i can see that being the case very well. if so... FUCK . thanks for telling me though and post any info you might have for it as well or anyone to reiterate or whatever :crazy:

--------------------
What?

Offlinetrancefishy
ambiguity

Loc: under the stars
    #990224 - 10/24/02 06:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, you want to sterilize immediately. I see packing the jars and sterilizing them as one step almost... were you tripping for 3 days or something??

Invisibledigitalshaolin
Irish guy

Loc: hot, dry close to mexico
    #990248 - 10/24/02 06:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

sweet smells are bad, I wouldn't risk it. When in doubt throw it out

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Waiting Substrate [Re: trancefishy]
    #990988 - 10/24/02 10:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i just couldnt wait to do it i wanted to start but i didnt think about just waiting and doing it so...my planning was flawed.  :shocked: i see now lol. i mean they were sealed completely i just didnt know if any breakdown reactions would occur but maybe they did and im screwed. also the spores i had were from shrooms i got from someone and i just kind of scraped the scales off the bottom of the cap and let it sit in clean water for a bit to hydrate had my syringe and innoculated. i mean i guess the only thing was waiting to do it. if it doesnt work this time,cause knowing my luck, it wont so yeah well see how it goes and if any of you have done the same thing it would be consoling if you will to see how it turned out lol.

smoking pot makes you slow     

--------------------
What?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation