Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: my art. Please leave feedback! [Re: rtn]
    #9648508 -

rtn said:
Some sketches I did a while ago.

What do you guys think?







Quality. Are they done with charcoal or what?
I thought my drawing s were half decent but I couldn't draw like that in a million years


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my art. Please leave feedback! [Re: rtn]
    #9648533 -

rtn said:
yageman said:





Loove the first one. Such dramatic lighting. It catches your attention immediately. Surreal and mysterious.

Your second one has so much detail, I can see each line.
Your psychedelic one's are abstract and it's cool you can do both realistic and abstract art.

Thanks for sharing your stuff :smile:



That is also my favourite of Yageman's. It reminds me of I think it's called "The Guitarist" by Picasso.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my art. Please leave feedback! [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #9648577 -

Jimtown said:
Are they done with charcoal or what?




They're all done by pencil.
They're in color bc I scanned and edited.

I want to refine and draw these on a big canvas someday, but they're quite time consuming  :undecided:  :foreheadslap:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my art. Please leave feedback! [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #9649382 -

Jimtown said:
rtn said:
yageman said:





Loove the first one. Such dramatic lighting. It catches your attention immediately. Surreal and mysterious.

Your second one has so much detail, I can see each line.
Your psychedelic one's are abstract and it's cool you can do both realistic and abstract art.

Thanks for sharing your stuff :smile:



That is also my favourite of Yageman's. It reminds me of I think it's called "The Guitarist" by Picasso.



I think that one is called the guitarist too.
I wrote a 5 page paper about the guitarest in college.
This painting of Ron Carter(jazz bass) is at the very least somewhat inspired by the guitarist.
Its cool that you noticed that.
Same feel, different style entirely.

  Its one of my favorite things I have ever done although it didnt take any time to paint when compared to my realism stuff.

I wish I had taken the photo at a good angle because the hand is way too small..........lol

  Glad you guys liked it.
I love it, but the tiny moths have taken over and I need to get them the hell out of the frame before they spoil my painting as they have done to some of my other works.

If you use chalk ever, beware of the moths.


--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (01/20/09 10:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my art. Please leave feedback! [Re: yageman]
    #9668134 -

yageman said:






I liked this one the best BECAUSE of the attention to detail - even if it was sort of an idea sketch pad type thing....    :thumbup:
Drawing with pencil is what I do the "best", but it is such a pain in the ass to not smear everything and start losing detail while working on a piece....  :cuss:


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my art. Please leave feedback! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #9668285 -

PhanTomCat said:
yageman said:






I liked this one the best BECAUSE of the attention to detail - even if it was sort of an idea sketch pad type thing....    :thumbup:
Drawing with pencil is what I do the "best", but it is such a pain in the ass to not smear everything and start losing detail while working on a piece....  :cuss:


>^;;^<



Years later, The attention to detail in the actual piece makes it hard for me to even believe I drew that.
  I had a great teacher my junior year of highschool.  The coolest lady, and what a good teacher!

  That was no sketch, that was like my lifes work and the photo doesnt do the piece justice one bit.
The peakock feather basically is a peacock feather.

That was an attempt to use my bug and feather collection to create some instalation art piece, that after drawn in amazing detail, would last forever.

  Its composition was supposed to be the best thing about the drawing.
  To fuse talented yet mindless attention to detail to the composition of the piece.

Its got flow.
Cyclical.
All different animals and pieces of animals used to form one sculpture.

Glad you thought it was neat.


--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my art. Please leave feedback! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #9669906 -

Use harder pencil lead! Less likely to smear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New Abstract Art superfalk 2,943 4 03/02/04 06:49 PM
by idiotek
* whats wrong with art? plexus 2,068 12 09/15/04 07:17 PM
by Blastrid
* Where most of the truly talented guitarists go (a theory)
( 1 2 3 all )
ToTheSummit 7,619 47 06/20/05 06:58 PM
by HeavenlyBlue
* Talented guitarists
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
SystemTool462 9,011 90 10/27/11 06:04 PM
by Cosmic VOC
* Another (hopefully inspiring) angle on digital art Spoolohay 1,244 7 01/25/04 08:27 PM
by Phluck
* Favorite Guitarist?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
tomk 14,895 115 05/20/10 07:53 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* art?
( 1 2 3 all )
adrug 4,866 53 04/11/05 04:31 PM
by Todcasil
* Is this cover art good? Zen Peddler 1,987 19 09/29/03 09:10 PM
by ferret

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
3,605 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.