Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFluidElite
Who am I???
100 grams(dry) in ~6 weeks.
    #958092 - 10/13/02 10:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hello, Swim has not been here in about a year. Swim no longer partake in the usage of psychedelic mushrooms, although Swim does regard as precious matter which allows you to experience many dimentions.  I have been cultivated for about 2 years and during that time I have found out rather nice techniques to produce rather large amounts of shrooms.

To begin you will need for the following items.
4 baking bread trays
1 terrium (I recommmend a rather large clear terrium)
1 full spectrum growth florscent light (I'm assuming u are using your closet??)
12 Wide Mouth Mason Jars (we are only going to use 5)
10lb Finch Seed (Walmart, Bird Section)
Distilled/Spring Water (prefered, tap water would do)
12cc Spore Syringe (its easier than prints, check you local supplier, I recommend Hawk, look at the P. Mysteria for a trip that would make you fall flat on your arse).
1 Ice Pick (to make holes)
Masking tape
Pressure Cooker (Look into something good and something large.

We Begin.

Step 1.
Take your jars, put the lids on all of them. Take an ice pick and make 1 hole thru the center of each lid.

Preparing the Subtrate

Take the finch seed, now open 5 mason jars. fill each of the jars with 2 cups (500ml) of finch seed.  Then add 2 cup (500ml) water to the finch seed (use tap water here) then let soak in. Stir around for about 5 minutes. Then pour off all of the water.    Now add 250ml (1 cup) of spring/distilled water to the finch seed. Now close your jars.  Close the center hole with duck tape.
Now put it in the PC for 50min-1hr.  (1hr prefered).
Let the PC cool down, or use quick depressurization. eather way works. (I'mm to lazy to let to properly cool down, and jars won't crack because pressurized air will escape thru the hole. 

Ok
Let your jars cool down for about 6 hours. Once cooled down, (BE patient here, hot jars will kill your spores and u will not be happy.) go into your closet or use whatever sterilzation tek you do. I generally go into my closet, spray lysol all over the place. close the door, put on some gloves. Get a lighter (look at the butane torche ones) and heat the needle till its red hot. Squirt out some water until the needle is cool again (just one squirt would do).  Open your masking tape, add about add it around the sides of the jar, and some down the middle. Close the masking tape.

Follow this proceedure until all 5 jars are done.

You will notice within 1-2 weeks some white fluffly mycelia.  This is good. If you do not have germination by the end of 2 weeks. Through away, and start again. Might want to look at your spores or cleanliness.

OK  well lets say you have some nice growth,  every 3 days you should shake your jars up,  to let the colonized finch seed spread throughout the jar. That will create more surface area for colonization. This would take another 2 weeks to complete colonization (we'll assume we're using thai, equador or p. mysteria).
Now, we have a fully colonized what jar of fluff? now what?

well its time to get dirty. We need to go buy some moisture plus potting soil.
Where do we get this???? Walmart. (notice how you can get everything from walmart, its in the gardening section. Take a look.

Ok now what? well sterilize the soil. Ok those baking bread trays that u use for pound cake? yes, u got 4 of those right? cool, if not go to walmart and buy 4, they're pretty cheap.  Now we take the soil, place it in a big bowl, and add water until the soil is saturated with water.

Then we take the soil in our hand, hold it while the access water drains out, squeeze ever so slightly. Then we add it to the tray. Continue this proceedure until the tray is ful. now wrap it closed with aluminum foil, continue this for the next 3 jars.

Once done. Place the trays in the oven for 30 minutes at 400F. 30 minutes is enough, if bacteria does not die at that temp then nothing will kill em. But everything dies at 400F (due to the speed water molecules travel, they break up the bonds within organic substances, fyi).

Now let this cool down.

Wait about 4 hours.
Once the soil is cool. It time to work in your closet again. Get a sheet of aluminum foil, I clean spoon and and some rubbing alcoohl. Put the spoon in rubbing alcohol and wipe off the excess alcohol.  Now dish out about 1/2 -2/3 of the soil in the tray. Place this soil on your aluminum foil.

Take your jar, open it into a zip lock bag. Close the zip lock bag. Now with your fingers break up the mycelia, until you get a finer clumps of mycelia. Now open your zip lock bag and through the contents out into the tray.
Now you can add your soil back until the tray it filled with soil to the top

\                Soil                                                                /
  \                    Mycelia                                                    /
  \              Soil      Nice and Moise                                /
    \ ========================================/ 
(repeat until all 4 jars are done)
ok. Now we close the tray with the alu foil. and wait about 5 days. We will notice blotches of white comming up thru the soil. this is good. If you see green this is not good. :frown: ask for help, it can be saved but severity of infection depends. Now its time to take off the alu foil (otherwise humidity will cause problems) and move our trays to the growth chamber.
Buy some perlite (its white stuff) fill the bottom of your terrium with it, and add about 1/2 inch of water (terrium level wise).  Put all your trays in.
Wait, in a bout a week your first flush should come.
Your second flush should some the week after, and last, your 3rd. then we start again....

(look up spore printing/syringe teks for continuation)

first flush : ~10g
2nd flush: ~10g
3rd flush: ~5g
25 per tray x 4 trays = 100g

enjoy. I will post more since there is soooo much I'd like to add. but I'm too lazy to do it in all one go.  :grin:

--------------------

Fluid Elite

* Everything about is entirely theoritical. *
* Beware the effects of HPPD. *

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: 100 grams(dry) in ~6 weeks. [Re: FluidElite]
    #958116 - 10/13/02 11:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Seems pretty standard, but if you want bulk shrooms then bulk substrate (poo / straw) is definitely the way to go.

OfflineKnives_Out
freight hopper

Loc: Somewhere
Re: 100 grams(dry) in ~6 weeks. [Re: zeta]
    #970176 - 10/17/02 07:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

what size jars?
could you use half pints and just cut the recipie in half.
im trying that now, but the substrate seems so soaking wet, wont too much water in the jar just drown the spores?

--------------------
[[["the urge to destroy, is also a creative urge"]]]
[[[pablo picasso]]]

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation