Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroominSpradl
**ShroomerExtraordinaire**
CONFUSED... dry vs. wet
    #500186 - 12/24/01 05:30 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ok. So i thought that like 35 grams wet typically translates into 3 - 3.5 grams dry, b/c they are 90% water or something. I just harvested 6, 4-5 inches puerto ricans and some abhorts and they only weigh like 15 grams wet? Isn't that not even a half of an eighth dry!? because it looks like a lot more than i would get in a dried eigth that i would usually buy. Please help me figure this out! Does it have something to do with the strain i have? I don't want to end up eating what i think is a half of an eigth of PRs and end up eating some sickly amount b/c i missed something....

--------------------

All posts are merely fictional stories that I dreamt. Who woulda thought!

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroominSpradl
**ShroomerExtraordinaire**
Re: CONFUSED... dry vs. wet [Re: ShroominSpradl]
    #500221 - 12/24/01 06:30 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ok thanks.. but i already have a scale (which is how i know they are 15 grams wet) and i'm trying to avoid drying them out b/c i'm visiting my parents for christmas and they might think its strange if i'm running a fan on a bunch of mushrooms in my room or i come home w/ a bag of dessicant. What i am really looking for is someone who has grown PRs and knows their potency and what size fresh mushrooms will give you what type of trip... anyone?

--------------------

All posts are merely fictional stories that I dreamt. Who woulda thought!

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs."

OfflineMushroomDave
Stranger
    #500237 - 12/24/01 06:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

My peurto ricans which I got from sporeworks are incredibly potent. Two friends and I each had about 2-2.5 grams dried last fri night. This was my second trip. My first trip I took half an eighth that I got from some local dealer, I would give it a level 2 trip. The second one from my peurtos was about a level 4 trip. One of my friends who is a frequent user of phychadelics such as LSD and mush said that it was the most intense trip of his life.
Caution:Try a smaller dose first, see what is right for you. You really don't want to have a bad trip just b/c it's too intense.

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: CONFUSED... dry vs. wet [Re: MushroomDave]
    #500268 - 12/24/01 07:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

15 grams wet is 1.2 grams dry (92% water, so 15x0.08)
Now keep in mind you loose potency when drying, I've heard that fresh is like 1.4x as potent, so thats like 1.2x1.4 or 1.68 grams.

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
Re: CONFUSED... dry vs. wet [Re: razer]
    #500639 - 12/25/01 10:09 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Razer, I disagree. You do NOT lose potency when eating dried mushrooms as long as there's no heat used to dry them.

There's a certain amount of magic in a fresh fruitbody, and that magic is still there, it's only a 90% smaller package when dried.

I've experienced better, more vivid trips when using fresh intead of dried, and I attribute that to the 'availability;' if you will---of the alkaloids when fresh. But when you dry it, the chemicals are still there.

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

Offlinenobbik
journeyman
    #500724 - 12/25/01 12:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yeha that's definetely small for some puerto ricans... the ones around where i live are usually a bit bigger than that and most of them dont lift weights .. although the ones that do are usually short and stumpy looking but that may be genetic .. hope this helps w/ your shroomin.

--------------------
a very funny signature that makes everyone laugh and think i'm cool

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation