Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: I think my dung was too wet. [Re: vatoloco]
    #932414 - 10/04/02 05:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Good point!

I mix the contents of the bag thouroughly before spawning to make sure the dung has an even consistency. Depending on the quality of dung, one might want to rinse the dung well to get rid of the more particulate matter. This is more of an issue with composted dung (mint compost as well). If your dung gets too wet and you have trouble drying it, a microwave can help to evaporate some of the extra water.

Scientfically I think the best way to get the right water content is to weigh the dried dung and then add %70 water by weight, or whatever the ideal is and seal in a poly bag to PC.

Anyone recall the user who microwaves his dung?

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Joshua]
    #932450 - 10/04/02 05:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#932465 - 10/04/02 05:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have microwaved it, it doesn't smell bad to me. I think the key is making sure the original product was dried well.

Nice blueprints!

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #932512 - 10/04/02 06:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

1000% agree with Vataloco. Yup, microwaving wet dung will turn your whole house into a stink hole. If you like the smell of a latrine pit -- permeating your home? GO FOR IT.

LOL, :laugh: :grin: :wink: Easy & quick.

2 pieces of plywood or sheet metal. Sit one down, drop bag on top, sit the other sheet over it & drive your car on top, then leave it set for a while.

6T  :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: I think my dung was too wet. [Re: Joshua]
    #932530 - 10/04/02 06:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Joshua,

You be da man & a lucky one too.

I was not disageeing with you. But, I did it one time w/wet dung in a microwave. It cost me $3000 bucks worth of new drapes, rugs & furniture. Replacing the ones that the smell of hot shit permeated & would not come out of :crazy: :frown:.

6T  :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Re: I think my dung was too wet. [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #932598 - 10/04/02 06:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've just started with dung, but I've spawned two batches so far and never had a problem.. I don't even squeeze the water out, not that I wouldn't, just that I forgot.  They both seem to be working fine, one's fully colonized, and the other has just been spawned.  I've got my fingers crossed.  :cool:

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Re: I think my dung was too wet. [Re: SixTango]
    #932631 - 10/04/02 06:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think the key is making sure the original product was dried well.

I would never microwave fresh dung, that would definately stink the place up.

---"2 pieces of plywood or sheet metal. Sit one down, drop bag on top, sit the other sheet over it & drive your car on top, then leave it set for a while."

I have neighbors you know :cool:.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #932670 - 10/04/02 07:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's not difficult to get the moisture right if you bake the dung instead of boiling it...

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: I think my dung was too wet. [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #932806 - 10/04/02 08:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I 1000% agree with PJ. 6T :tongue: :wink: :grin: 

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I think my dung was too wet. [Re: SixTango]
    #932812 - 10/04/02 08:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yup :laugh:

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: I think my dung was too wet. [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #932971 - 10/04/02 09:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I guess if you live in a barn it does not matter if microwave , walls , etc smell of cooked shit and streaks of liquid shit  running down walls from home made presses  :tongue: . For us good ol city folk there are much cleaner bulks to use . :grin:
I like that car method 6T , I imagine it would keep cats from pissing on ones car . :grin:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male

Loc: South Africa
Re: I think my dung was too wet. [Re: tripndicular]
    #933664 - 10/05/02 02:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have good strong hands and I`m not afraid to get them dirty.
I enjoy squeezing my dung, total hands-on approach.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: I think my dung was too wet. [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #933672 - 10/05/02 02:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Throwing grapes in a tub & stomping then, comes to mind........ :smile:

6T.................... :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Re: I think my dung was too wet. [Re: tripndicular]
    #933807 - 10/05/02 04:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Like Bat Guano:cool:

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #938849 - 10/07/02 08:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hehehe! Well, i still microwave my dung, dry then hydrated dung doesn't smell like "regular" shit or fresh dung when microwaved, the smell is a bit unpleasent i know but think, they are just vegetables eat by an hervibore. Want to solve the problem ? An electrical extension, microwave it outdoors.
The process i use is very simple, dry patties are collected and disrupted into little pieces inside a tupperware or other container, hot water is added and the mix is let to rest for 30 min so the dung rehydrates. Then the water is drained, i use my bare hands to squeeze the water excess, to do this i incline the container 45?  and pull the dung against the upper part of the container, the water is drained to the bottom, i know this part is tricky, the whole idea is to get the dung with a "look" very similar to its final state but with a little more water, this little more water is the one that theorically will evaporate when microwaved but it shouldn't make a big difference at the end, how to do this ?
Well, two aspects involved in the process must be controled to avoid loosing too much water, first , an allmost sealed container and second a fast process. The container cannot be totally sealed due to the pressure built up when it's microwaved, i personally use poly bags wich are not totally sealed at the top after being tied up, the steam escapes using that small hole, this exit can be covered after the sterilization process has ended.
So, after the dung is ready for sterilizing, put it inside the poly bag, fill it untill it reaches half the bag, if you fill the bag with more dung you could have unsuficient sterilization because of the excessive amount to be sterilized, so instead of nuking the bag for 5 to 10 minutes like i do, you would have to do it for 15 to 20 minutes, wich makes this particular process unpredictable. After microwaving for 5 to 10 min. at max power (means 700 W or more), take the bag out, cover the top exit and let it cool down. Job's done.
If you feel the dung is too dry, grab a syringe and fill it with destiled/sterilized water, punch the bag and add it, grab some untaped (<-this is important) tape and cover the hole.
To see if the water content is ok, do a similar thing you do when rehydrating the patties but inside the bag, i'll try to explain. Grab one of the bottom corners of the bag with one hand and the top of the bag with the other hand and rise the bag a little, help the dung fall to the other bottom corner by shaking the bag gently, now put your hand right above the dung level and close your hand like grabbing a bottle of beer :grin:, squeeze the dung, if you done things the right way you'll see just a small amount of water building up on the other side, something more than 5-7cc will be too much, something less than 2cc will be too less. BTW i'm talking about something between 700g and 1K of rehydrated dung.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds