Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Tripping changes everything. * 1
    #948504 - 10/10/02 07:46 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have been a serious student of the mind for about 4 years now. I, like so many others before me, am desperately trying to find truth in the reality around me, balancing faith with proof, fantasy with reality, truth with imagination. It is the greatest task one can undertake in a lifetime, and it is the most gratifying thing I've ever put energy into.

I have been deeply interested in entheogy and how it relates to my search for truth for about a year now. About a month and a half ago, I tripped for the first time on 5 grams of shrooms. My feelings towards that trip have changed drastically since then. The experience was beyond anything I had imagined, I was sitting there about 4 hours into the trip and just saying "Oh my God, I had no idea, I had no fucking idea this was all here. This changes everything." And change everything it did. At first, I felt that I had a bad trip because of the overwhelming amount of information and new ideas that it had put into my mind. For two weeks after that my mind was bent on sorting out everything I had experienced. Now I realize that I have learned more from that one experience than from any single event in my life. It certainly has drastically altered my goals as a person and an intellectual. I plan to trip on 5 grams again during thanksgiving break, and I will bring with me many questions that hopefully will be answered.

I was just wondering how many others here use mushrooms as a means to explore the reality we live in, and to seek solace in truth. I am 18 years old, and I have learned so much during my time studying this, and I am eager to learn more, because I know it will take a lifetime, perhaps more. Its just something that is deeply important to me; its so much more than getting fucked up on mushrooms to me.

Sorry post was so long. : )

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Tripping changes everything. [Re: chunder]
    #948587 - 10/10/02 08:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well written. I agree that shrooms are the best for learning and introspection. The visuals to me are just a cool bonus!

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
    #948685 - 10/10/02 09:14 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Chunder, I think you have just summed up what a lot of us feel. I know that this is the way that I feel.
In fact a lot of what you said is exaactly what I have been thinking lately. I have allways been interested in the mind and the world. I have also allways been curious and an explorer. I have discovered Mushrooms and other entheogens can be my tools of discovery.
Some people think that there is not much on this planet left to explore. The age of discovery is over and any regular person will never be able to explore new worlds. Others say space is the only new frontier. I disagree, with the help of entheogens we CAN explore new worlds.

Like you, I have been in search of something to believe in for some time. Trying mushrooms has had an enormous effect on my beliefs and worldview. I could probably say the biggest single effect on my beliefs.

I definitely intend to use mushrooms and other entheogens in the future to help me figure out what I believe in.
I wish you the best luck in your personal quest for knowledge and hope that we may talk again!!!

--------------------
---Still Searching---

Offlinebass head
Oh... Nice.
Male

Loc: North American Union
    #23360993 - 06/19/16 04:23 PM (5 months, 18 days ago)

it does change everything doesn't it

--------------------
Steal your bass right off your head.  :stoner:

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#23361102 - 06/19/16 05:11 PM (5 months, 18 days ago)

Wow your trip sounds a lot like a certain mushroom trip that I had when I was 18 several years ago; especially how you said you learned more from that one trip than you did in any other event in your life and that whole "this changes everything, I didn't know this was all here" feeling. I have now come to find that this was called Satori what I experienced as well as a few other things and I just recently did a trip report on it.
Coming back down off of it I literally had to 'relearn' and reevaluate everything in this normal dimension again but from this unexplainable timeless cosmic perspective.

Shrooms are my favorite psychedelic because they feel the most eternal imo and just absolutely timeless. The mystical/primordial level of profoundness they give is so alien and so humbling that for me it really is the most life changing and eye opening out of all the psychedelics.

Offlinetlvguy33
Stranger
Re: Tripping changes everything. [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #23361209 - 06/19/16 05:54 PM (5 months, 18 days ago)

Relatively low doses of mushrooms helped me get rid of some bad habits, hopefully permanently (paying for sex, eating meat). They also made me more empathic towards the weak and compassionate towards everything (except assholes). I can hardly kill bugs unless I really have to. I don't know if that changed everything, but definitely made me a better person, at least for the time being.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience