Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Faaip_De_Oiad]
    #1690965 - 07/06/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You would probably be amazed at how many "normal" people use various drugs that live productive lives. It's the idiots who do stupid stuff that wreck it for the rest of us. I don't care how "safe" it is, you should NEVER drive while under the influence of anything. I know that many of you say "smoking Herb makes me a safer driver." Well just think that someone happens to run into you while you're high. It would be YOUR fault because you are HIGH! Americans in general never want to take the blame for themselves, they blame whatever makes them feel better.

This is what our gov't says: Don't smoke marijuana, it kills brain cells, and makes you become addicted to heroine. Drink some booze instead, it'll might make you become an alcoholic, probably beat your family members, and die a slow painful death (but at least we'll get money from your addiction).

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Funguy]
    #1690995 - 07/06/03 07:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Funguy said:

Drink some booze instead, it'll might make you become an alcoholic, probably beat your family members, and die a slow painful death (but at least we'll get money from your addiction).

I wonder what percentage of alcohol users become dependant...probably not a whole hell of alot. I also wonder how many beat their family members, certainly not enough to say that if you drink some booze you'll probably beat your family or die slow and painfully. The above statement was as much propaganda as the US's information about LSD.

To overcome this war we need information all around, correct information, not misinformation. If people are truly educated they will not experiment and not be surpressed. The TRUTH is the only thing thats needed to win this war, we just need influential people to spread it, more influential than the government and right wing media.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Faaip_De_Oiad]
    #1691097 - 07/06/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I see your point and I agree, i just think a retarded crackhead would sound slightly less eloquent than Terence McKenna did  :cool:

--------------------

Offlinelateralus
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Noviseer]
    #1691215 - 07/06/03 08:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I always thought Terence McKenna was talking to intelligent people who already use psychadelics(mainly psilocybin and DMT). I didnt think he was talking to people who dont use drugs, or trying to 'get followers'. He wasnt a guru. He wasnt hard to understand in the least. He never sounded 'crazy' or 'looney' to me. He always sounded very intelligent and was well spoken. I had no trouble understanding some of his more esoteric ideas or theories. He was also always personally against anything but 'quality rhetoric' when it came to psychadelic discussion.

Edit: I must say though that when I first started listening to and reading him, I did find some of his theories 'out there' a bit. However after hearing his reasoning behind his logic, I really understood how he came to a lot of those conclusions. He was very good at explaining his stuff, if you take it at face value without listening to his explanations, it will sound crazy(especially if youve never done any psychadelic drugs). That was the point I think.

Edited by lateralus (07/06/03 08:57 PM)

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: lateralus]
    #1691279 - 07/06/03 09:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sorry, I did jump the gun a bit. What I meant was that the gov't says that (insert drug here) is bad, yet they pawn a drug that can be as bad. Speaking of telling the truth, some doctors are giving good info to those that ask. They don't go around willy-nilly talking about the safety of certain drugs because I'm sure they would lose business.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Funguy]
    #1692534 - 07/07/03 08:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>>If you tried to get a non psychedelic user to try and even comprehend half of what he had to say they would laugh at you and use him as an example proving that drugs make you crazy!

And only an addict who empowers their drugs to contain external "wisdom" would think that sober people can't think as deeply as someone who takes psychedelics.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlinecrazycanadian
Stranger

Loc: infront of a monitor
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Boppity604]
    #1692708 - 07/07/03 10:17 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

To answer the main question of this...I personally think that Entheogen's are getting more and more popular.
This can be good and bad because there are mainly two kinds of Entheogen users out there. There are the ones who just want to get fucked up and talk about it, then there are the ones who use drugs responcibly and have a "normal" life. It is the former class who messes everything up for the responcible users. They are the ones who will go out and OD or go driving under the influence of some drug. They are irresponcible and retarded in my opinion. These are the only people that the government will focus on and point their fingers at and say "look drugs are bad." You can give 9 reasons and examples why a drug is not bad and it causes no problems at all but there is always the 1 senario that it is bad and causes bad things to happen. As long as there are is that 1 senario/example/case the war on drugs will continue. I believe in order to win the war we do not need to fight the government because they will always push back and we will never win. In order to win this war we must look upon ourselves and attck the people that "just want to get fucked up" and do stupid stuff. The less people like that there are the easier this whole war thing is going to be.
So instead of trying to make drugs look cool make them look like a tool. A tool to achieving a higher self (no pun intended). Young kids want to be cool and if they see older kids doing drugs in a cool manner and people that promote this coolness they will do the same thing. Unfortunatly this is one of the main reasons any people start to do drugs in the forst place. In early teen years these people are very rebilious and they want to defy everything. Since the government, and most of the time your parents, say not to do drugs that is exactly why they are going to do them. And because they are doing something illegal this boosts their ego and makes them feel cool. Now i hope most people grow out of this stage and become responcible users but this is not the case for many people. A lot of the time these people get older and have access to more and more drugs than just pot most of the time. In order to seem more cool they have to do more drugs (both quantity and variety). I think that most of the time this leads to addiction, OD or you just do something stupid and mess your life up.
A question I have is how do we get these "cool" people to get out of this stage and become a responcible, recreational Entheogen user? I suppose there are many answers to this question and i feel it is our job to figure out these answers and go and make it happen. I will create a thread on this topic, if you wish to share yout thoughts please feel free to do so.

Offlinepolarity
vagabond
Loc: Jackson, MS
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: crazycanadian]
    #1692932 - 07/07/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I actually had this conversation with a cop I know the other day. He gave me reasons why it should be illegal, he said because I've never been with him down to Washington st. and seen all the crackheads living in a 1bdrm house with shit all over the floor and walls. I told him he had never been to a good bar where there were 4 people passed out from abusing the sauce.

What it came down to, he said bottom line. It's illegal, that's whats wrong with it. According to him "If you do something illegal, you spit in the face of the very country you live in, you spit at your government, and if that is how you feel, you should find another country to live in, where it is legal"

A day later he was telling me about all the warez he just got from his friend. People have bad views of drugs, everyone feels like anyone who tries a drug (any drug) will end up just like the worst crack addict you can picture. No one seems to care that you can have a life changing experience, find religion, or simply escape a painful reality for a few minuites without going on a crack binge. It's all information, or the distorion of information. One day maybe the world will open up it's closed mind and see that drugs are not evil, they can be misused just like anything else.

--------------------
But I?ll survive, the pain lets me know I?m alive.
But I still feel that this ain?t livin.

Offlinecrazycanadian
Stranger

Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: polarity]
    #1692992 - 07/07/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I dont think the whole part about spitting in your countries face thing is correct. I dont agree with it. You cannot apply that as a general statement. if i am breaking the law by going 20mph over the speed limit i am certainly not spitting in my countries face.
disagreeing with a law is neither wrong nor bad. isnt that what democracy is all about? if the people dont like it then it should change. and how is the government going to know if the people dont like it unless they show them by breaking it or by telling them. and since the government obviously doesnt listen anymore they only way to show them is to break the law and not conform to something you do not agree with

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1693118 - 07/07/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

polarity said:
What it came down to, he said bottom line. It's illegal, that's whats wrong with it. According to him "If you do something illegal, you spit in the face of the very country you live in, you spit at your government, and if that is how you feel, you should find another country to live in, where it is legal"

So I'm guessing that the Boston Tea Party was just a bunch of men in wigs sipping tea, discussing allegiance to the Queen?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
    #1693163 - 07/07/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think that the real problem is that the majority of psychedelic users
just want to get 'fucked up.'  Most people I know that that have shroomed don't consider a trip to be a mystical experience, or mayby simply are reserved to talk about it. 

When I inform people about psychedelics, the first thing I tell them is
that the experience can't be described as a high, but must be seen as an intense fascinating journey in the realms of your own mind. (and the universe)  Most people think this sounds way too 'new-age' and don't wanna hear it. 

So I guess the most important thing for all of us is to try to convince as many people as possible about the beauty of a psychedelic experience (in proper words :smile: as hard as it may be) and the lack of any negative side-effects.  When you tell people psychedelics have only made your life 'richer,' then they'll probably give it a thought. 

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1693282 - 07/07/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"If you do something illegal, you spit in the face of the very country you live in, you spit at your government, and if that is how you feel, you should find another country to live in, where it is legal"

this makes me want to take a shit on the white house lawn....

THE PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN CHARGE OF THE GOVERNMENT!!! THE PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN CHARGE OF THEIR GOVERNMENT!!! IF YOU MAKE A FUCKING SUBSTANCE ILLEGAL, YOU ARE SPITTING IN THE FACE OF THE PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO CONTROL, AND THEY WON'T FUCKING LIKE IT ONE BIT!!

ahem! woah excuse me..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinepolarity
vagabond
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Calimero]
    #1693303 - 07/07/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not agreeing with him, I'm just telling you what some of the law officals (at least around here) belive.

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1693331 - 07/07/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I was commenting on the law official?s ignorance. I have the same sentiment as you do.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinecrazycanadian
Stranger

Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Twirling]
    #1693384 - 07/07/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I agree that we need to tell more people about the positive things (the beauty) about Entheogen drugs. But I agree that most people dont want to hear this stuff unless they are an experianced Entheogen user. Imagin when you first started doing drugs, would you want people oming up to you and talking about how elightening they are and beautiful? No i dont think so. You think drugs are cool and you just want to do them and get fucked up. Most of this thinking comes from media like MTV and all that stuff. It also comes from the fact that it is illegal.

So many people point out the problems and how to solve them but none have the drive to go out and do anything.

Offlinepolarity
vagabond
    #1693658 - 07/07/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Crazy: great point. Until this weekend all any drug I took seemed to do was 'get me fucked up' regaurdless of my intentions. For a while that's all I was interested in and the only reason I got into them. Went through a hard time in my life and decided 'hey, i could take something that would make me forget for a while' (it happened to be x at the time) and I did. Took it, forgot about the pain. Took it again, once again pain gone. How about other drugs. Moved on to trying other things. Before that I was completly anti-drug. I thought drugs were evil and anyone who used them was just an idiot. I never looked at the positive side. Whoever you are when you look up facts on drugs, you are normally going to find the info you want to see.

If you want reassurance that drugs are evil satanic little things, it's very easy to find. If you want to know that taking this drug is not going to make your brain melt into a pile of goo.. It's out there. Or finally if you want info that tells you that drugs will make you smarter, I'm sure you can find it. There is very little unbiased information out there, unless you really search, and for good reason. Unbiased information means people make their own choice, positive/negative info means you've already helped sway their decision.

If someone had only told me the negative things about drugs (which they did) I would have stayed away from them (which I did). Then I read only the positive (so I would feel better about taking it).

No one wants to hear 'take it, you could live, you could die, or hell you could not feel anything. wish you the best'

--------------------

Offlinejonocybin
Efiderius

Loc: nucleus of the universe
    #1693694 - 07/07/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

YA!

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: jonocybin]
    #1693718 - 07/07/03 04:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

of the people by the people and FOR the people, right?!?!?

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1694206 - 07/07/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

polarity said:

God, I hate that attitude.  "It's illegal so it's wrong."

...So I guess that women owning property, being able to vote, blacks being able to read, vote, etc, is all wrong, because, at one time, it was illegal...

...Whatever.  If I keep going I'll get off on a whole rant about what patriotism -really- is and that's somethign y'all don't wanna see. :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinelateralus
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Sev]
    #1694389 - 07/07/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thats why cops are all fucked up. They have to use backwards logic like that to justify their backwards jobs so they can go to sleep at night.

Looked at in this light, there are no good cops.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate