Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms
    #9310658 -

Today I walked through the same forest again (previous thread: ) but this time it was covered in a nice small layer of snow. The layer of snow has been there for about 2-3 days now.

I still was capable of finding several types of mushrooms and it even seems that there were more of a certain kind than about a week ago.

At some point on the edge of forest and moor we went down the hill (the forest is on a hill) on a small path and we entered quite a magical world which I definetly wouldnt recognise as Holland, the "strange" trees definetly added to the atmosphere. Back into the forest, somewhat later a nice amount of mist suddenly came. What a beautiful day :smile:

Here are the pictures, hope you like them :smile:

Mushrooms
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7. This bolete gave me the impression of being grumpy.
8.
9.
10.
11. with snow
12. without snow
13.
14. Scleroderma Citrinum? (14-18)
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22. Ah! A youngster!
23.
24.
25.
26. Amanita Muscaria? Does have a skirt under the cap... The stem seems is kinda smooth and off-white though. I found it laying around on the ground so I couldn't check for a bulb.
27.
28. Same as above, with the log turned over.
29. My fav. picture of the day.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35. Another bolete (ID thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9310069/an/0/page/0 )

Environment (chronologic order)
36.
37.
38.
39.
40. moor
41.
42.
43.
44.
45. More moor... and gone is the sun (Mark is the name and rhyming is the game. Ok, this is hopeless)
46.
47. Some mist coming up

And the final picture: us



Heh, my cheeks are all red now actually now i'm home.

Ok, its kinda an overkill of photos but I really like the results for today, especially because of the light (the sun was rather helpful today) and the snow. I really had a nice day so I might be overenthusiastic :wink:.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: UnderTheOak]
    #9310762 -

UnderTheOak,
You captured the magic of the day perfectly.  Thanks you so much for the images. Stimulated my imagination...
Dee


--------------------
I am no longer an active shroomery member

Edited by drdee (11/25/08 01:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: drdee]
    #9311299 -

37 is BEAUTIFUL.

Edited by molimo140 (11/25/08 02:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: UnderTheOak]
    #9311336 -

I nominated the first one for POTM.Damn nice photos. :snow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: drdee]
    #9311351 -

Great pictures and nice details! Don't worry about too many pictures, especially with that type of sharp details, most people in this forum will really enjoy them and the more pictures of individual mushrooms will help you get a correct id on them most of the time. And as DrDee said, "you captured the magic of the day perfectly"! I especially liked the mist rising shot. Very nicely done indeed! Keep up the good work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: molimo140]
    #9311367 -

Nice shots! Looks like a nice day spent in the forest.


--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #9315577 -

Thanks for the positive response and nominating the first picture for POTM. I'm glad you like them and say I captured the magic of the day perfectly. :smile:

It was a beautiful day which I enjoyed alot.

Oh, the bolete in picture #35 tasted quite nice.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: UnderTheOak]
    #9315640 -

Great pics! Must have been a great day, too! :thumbup:


--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9316156 -

I love these pictures :heart:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: Beege]
    #9320737 -

Great shots! It's nice to see someone made use of the opportunity and snapped some shrooms&snow pics. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to do it myself.

You look like a couple of very nice people to me :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: koraks]
    #9320963 -



Is awesome ;-)  Thanks and cheers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: drama]
    #9321555 -

Great pics all around!  :whoo:


--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: drama]
    #9322464 -

drama said:


Is awesome ;-)  Thanks and cheers.



yea that would be a cool poster. Thanks for the gallery, i really enjoyed it.:cheers:


--------------------
:jah:

Boulder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: cubenz]
    #9322914 -

nice pictures , undertheoak , how mushrooms do it


--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: UnderTheOak]
    #9764713 -

Not a Dutch forest but a Belgian garden...

LBM





Macrotyphula



--------------------
To live is to fly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: obi]
    #9767054 -

The first two look like Psathyrella.Nice pics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: DannyGlick]
    #9767119 -

DannyGlick said:
The first two look like Psathyrella.Nice pics.



Sankiu.


--------------------
To live is to fly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same dutch forest, now with snow and mushrooms [Re: obi]
    #9767166 -

Velckom.:pantsfase:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Unknown mushroom ID please zeta 4,528 17 03/22/03 09:58 PM
by Zen Peddler
* Great Lakes Mushrooms Ishmael 1,330 2 11/11/01 11:43 PM
by GabbaDj
* kiwi mushrooms
( 1 2 3 4 all )
starfungi 12,683 63 03/29/21 05:28 AM
by RenegadeMycologist
* Mushrooms, lizards...giant pacific salamander (Lots of pics) angryshroom 6,198 12 04/25/03 08:56 AM
by Olgualion
* ACtive mushrooms that grow in the winter T0aD 1,128 3 12/12/02 10:32 AM
by cardboard
* My first mushroom hunting experience Elder 2,485 16 05/08/03 04:30 PM
by Bi0TeK
* Magic Mushrooms of Japan eleutheromania 27,038 18 04/17/07 07:17 AM
by mjshroomer
* Mushroom question
( 1 2 all )
livingsublime 5,767 20 01/15/03 07:42 AM
by livingsublime

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,696 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 34 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 14 queries.