Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineElder
Guru

Loc: Ireland(Im a leprechaun)
My first mushroom hunting experience
    #1522505 - 05/05/03 04:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Was today.I was on a walk with my brother to and around a forest near enough to our humble abode when, in a field on the outskirts of the forest(only at the edge of the field, not in the middle or near the middle) I saw a mushroom sticking out of the grass, me having never seen a wild mushroom before, freaked out and picked it up.

I then took another few steps and found about three more mushrooms and eventually loads of patches, consisting of what I think was about 5 different species of mushroom.Unfortunatly though my brother kicked the mushrooms out of my hand(I had about 50 in my hand) and they went everywhere and I lost 2 species(which I will try and describe from memory, below).Also in the pictures I will post below the mushrooms are kind of broken a bit or look rotted, this is because I had to walk back 6 miles to my house with the mushrooms(which had been previously kicked out of my hand) and they lost their natural "smoothness" and freshness :-(

ok Im gonna mark the shrooms s1-s9 and you can tell me if you think any of them could be magic...
(Also I know some of the images are the same species I just posted them from different angles)

s1-  http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/nialltroll6/s1.jpg
s2-  http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/nialltroll6/s2.jpg
s3-  http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/nialltroll6/s3.jpg
s4-  http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/nialltroll6/s4.jpg
s5-  http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/nialltroll6/s5.jpg
s6-  http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/nialltroll6/s6.jpg
s7-  http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/nialltroll6/s7.jpg
s8-  http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/nialltroll6/s8.jpg
s9-  http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/nialltroll6/s9.jpg

Also the species I lost was this reeaaally small dark brown one with a think dark brown stem and one of those pointy rocket shaped caps, also it wasn't sticky but it looked sticky, it about 2 or three times the length of the nail on your thumb.

Anyways if you can Identify it would be a great help, and btw I live in Ireland.
Thanks peace  :cool: 

--------------------
MSN Messenger - che_ac2@hotmail.com
AOL Messenger- MescalinJank
Please add me to your messenger or PM me your SN and/or Email address and I'll add you
"Jesus is coming, look busy"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: My first mushroom hunting experience [Re: Elder]
    #1523443 - 05/05/03 11:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

those pics are really hard to see any details. also we need sporeprints for any definative ids. ill give you some tips first if its got white gills or spore print throw it away. there are some deadly poisonous mushrooms with white gills/prints. second read the faq and the top two sticky threads and post some detailed charicteristics of the mushrooms. if you do that then someone here will be able to give you a good guess at least.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineElder
Guru

Re: My first mushroom hunting experience [Re: blaze2]
    #1524341 - 05/06/03 11:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ok thanks, Next time I go shroom hunting I will bring containers, a camera and more knowledge, ok two more questions..

1)What and where is a spore print
2)Is it to early in the year to have a chance of finding many magic shrooms, or is the majority going to be poisenous

--------------------
Please add me to your messenger or PM me your SN and/or Email address and I'll add you

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
    #1524445 - 05/06/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

>1)What and where is a spore print

Read http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3365#S

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1524451 - 05/06/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

1. A spore print is a deposit of spores from a mushroom. To make one, cut the cap off and place it, gill side down, on a piece of white paper. It's also a good idea to place a cup or bowl over the cap to help keep the humidity up. There should be a usable spore print within a few hours. Some mushrooms can take up to 12 or more hours, but most will be faster.

2. Most active mushrooms fruit in summer to fall. But that is fairly dependent on climate. So there could be active species fruiting now. The best way to find out is to go look.

The majority of mushrooms are inedible or unknown, not poisonous. There are roughly the same number of good edible mushrooms are there are dangerously poisonous ones.

Based on your questions I'm going to guess that you don't have a book on mushrooms. Books on the mushrooms of Europe are generally better and more complete than books on the mushrooms of North America. If you're going to be hunting mushrooms to eat (that includes actives) then a book would be a good investment. Look for one with keys and a lot of species. Pretty photographs make for a nice coffee table book but don't always mean a good mushroom book.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
Re: My first mushroom hunting experience [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1524458 - 05/06/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

>To make one, cut the cap off and place it, gill side down, on a piece of white paper.

Better yet on a piece of flat glass. If the print is white, you?ll have a hard time recognizing it as a print otherwise.

OfflineElder
Guru

Re: My first mushroom hunting experience [Re: Anno]
    #1524720 - 05/06/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks I just don't see what it should look like, could someone post a picture of a shroom on this thread with a clear spore print on it(circled would be great) I just don't understand what its supposed to look like

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#1525066 - 05/06/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

okay the gills of the mushroom drop spores down and they fall on the paper underneath the cap. depending on the color of the spores we can determine the genus easier. all it will look like is a little circle the same size as the cap on a peice of paper. ill see if i can find a link to a pic of one. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#1525077 - 05/06/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineElder
Guru

#1527309 - 05/07/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Ya funnily enough last night(before I had read your post) I put some small brown shrooms I found outside on a white piece of paper by my window, when I came home today I picked up one of the caps and there was a spore print like the one in your picture except it was black, is it magic?

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1527543 - 05/07/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I would say no its not active, the closest picture you posted to looking active was
s8 which looks a little like a liberty cap, but isnt.
Do a search on "liberty caps" "Psilocybe semilanceata"
as thats the most common magic mushroom in your area i belive.
Also look at Psilocybe cyanescens as you may be lucky enougth to find some of those.
But libs are your best bet, they are found in grassland were animals have grazed, or that has been manured.But its a little early yet, as there main flush is in autum.But they can show up after any prolonged rainy period, without frosts.
Good luck and happy hunting :-)

--------------------

OfflineElder
Guru

Re: My first mushroom hunting experience [Re: Paid]
    #1527716 - 05/07/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you sir

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1530201 - 05/08/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

lol :tongue: less of the Sir :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineElder
Guru

Re: My first mushroom hunting experience [Re: Paid]
    #1530675 - 05/08/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What shall I call you then?

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1531082 - 05/08/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Call him Master Shroomer.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: My first mushroom hunting experience [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1531312 - 05/08/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

call him boss i love it when people call other people boss. i dont know why i just find it halarius.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #1531560 - 05/08/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Call him "mate" , he's British !  :grin:

Here's some pics I took of some liberty caps (p semilanceata) that I found last month although I don't expect you'll find many if any at this time of year as they normally fruit in abundance during Autumn.

Apologies for the blurry pics, I forgot to enable macro mode !  :blush:

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates