Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Mushroom Hunting rePort * 1
    #80419 - 12/19/99 11:40 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Cool man, nice pick. I quit goin out about 2 weeks ago because of the Cold weather here in Georgia. Glad to hear you finnaly found some cubes. I always find a few rotten ones too. You seem to always find a few copelandias, I'm interested in this species. Can the Copelandia Cyanescens be cultivated? Will they colonize a regular PF jar? Just wondering, the only way I'll ever be able to try this species is fruiting them. I will also look for some when I visit the wizard this spring, that is if they can be found in N. florida. Anyway awesome pickin' man. I can't wait for spring, I am addicted to mushroom hunting and it drives me crazy during winter when I have nothing to pick. BTW; if you can grow copelandia, would you consider trading a print for a cuby strain? Just curious, let me know.

75 MPH=hahahahahahaha

The Lizard,

------------------
-------------------------
Lizard Kings can do anything.

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited December 19, 1999).]

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Mushroom Hunting rePort [Re: Lizard King] * 1
    #80421 - 12/19/99 03:13 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Sure thing Lizard. I would gladly send you free prints of the wild Copelandias in my area. I could also spare one "excellent" print of a wild Cubensis in my area if you want. ....only because Im a nice guy and would really like to see some pictures of them growing in a controled enviorment.

I am not sure if wild specimens are suitable for what you would be doing but I would definately not be surprised If they grew gragacerously. Copes grow out the sides of cow pies. The first one I came across last night had eight nickel size caps growing evenly around it. :smile: I was delighted. Some of the more mature caps are larger than a silver dollar.

The Cubensis I picked last night now appear to be salvigeable. The caps were gray on the top with no noticeable gold nipple, from getting so much rain. After only one night of drying they are regaining their color. :smile:

The picking grounds tonight are ideal for seeing the 7:50 ET launching of a space shuttle from The Kennedy Space Center...so well see how it goes.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #80422 - 12/19/99 03:38 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I would really appreciate that GGreat1, I want to attempt a different species other than Cubensis. Lord knows I have enough strains of Cubensis right now. I'll definatley send sucsess pics if there are any. I think copelandia's will take to agar? Anyway, thanx a bunch, If you need a print of a paticular cube strain, let me know and I'll see what I have :wink: Keep that cubensis print you have, especially if you only have one, I have plenty Florida Cube prints from my visit with shroom wizard, thanx for the offer though, mighty kind gesture. I'll E-mail you my address here in a minute. Once again I really appreciate this :smile:
-Later-

The Lizard,

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited December 20, 1999).]

--------------------

OfflineDan
    #80423 - 12/19/99 04:00 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

BTW Lizard king, Copelanias require a manure based substrate for fruiting, or so I have heard. I should be getting my panaeolus tropicalis(aka copelandia tropicalis) over christmas time, and I will also e trying it out on agar. I know for a fact that they do great on pda and mea mix agar. Sopposedly the only differnce between the two (c. cyanescens, and c. tropicalis) is the size and potency. Coplandia trops aka Pan trops grow a little bigger, darker caps, and more potent. When I get mine fruiting(if I get mine fruiting) I would be glad to send you a print or two, considering your own generousity. :smile:

Oh, my old email is down, but the one I have linked to this page(like up in my profile) still works. Give me a shout there.

Anonymous

#80424 - 12/20/99 04:15 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

MJ whats your MPH

---*LOL*--------

Anonymous

#80425 - 12/22/99 04:15 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I got some good picking done the past two nights and neglected to report my findings to you all.

12-20-99 Time spent: 1 hour

Fresh Cubies!
About 35 of them.
Zero Copelandias.
Zero little brown mushrooms.

12-21-99 Time spent: 1.5 hours

Went to a field that I am not yet too familiar with.
Came back with an assortment of goodies.
11 Cubensis in various shapes ,sizes and condition.
42 Copelandias! I found one enourmous grouping of 15 on one pie! I just cant get enough of these.
2 that bruise blue and I dont even know what they are.
And 5 little brown mushrooms.

===Ive been stock pileing for new years down in The Everglades. Enough for 50+ people, not includeing myself. Free trips. American Indian cowpastures. Should be a sight to be.===

Anonymous

#80426 - 12/22/99 06:36 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

12-22-99 Time spent: 20 minutes

Nada.
Nothin'.
A golfball and a grapefruit.

OfflineAbaddon
Stranger
    #80427 - 12/24/99 10:43 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

What area do you live in, GGhreat?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck