Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

Great Lakes Mushrooms
    #455260 - 11/11/01 06:38 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

This previous season I cataloged over 25 different species of distinct mushrooms around where I live in the great-lakes region. There were perfect growing conditions all year and the forests and fields just exploded with them. I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a /comprehensive/ reference that includes both psychoactive and non-psychoactive varieties (the references in the library are obviously biased against identifying pyschoactive mushrooms, not ever giving any reference to them). I would just like to be able to cross-reference my identifications with another source.

Ish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSThomas
enthusiast
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Re: Great Lakes Mushrooms [Re: Ishmael]
    #455434 - 11/11/01 09:10 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

It is all on the web, just look around. It has taken a lot of hours of research for me as well, But I have found magic and I know that I have found magic...but not identified it properly. I am kinda of around the same region as you are, north east from the great lakes, but you should have some luck...try looking up "mapping the mycelial network" and there should be a list of species around your area, then do cross references on the web to find out what those species look like.

Cheers

Good luck...P.s. there is no substitute for good field work, I think I have spent about 200 hours this fall looking my ass off for shrooms...both magic and not, and countless more on the web...and a good few with book s as well

--------------------
And that is all the news that's fit to print

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Great Lakes Mushrooms [Re: SThomas]
    #455561 - 11/11/01 11:43 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

get the Audobonds Societies Field Guide To North American Mushrooms.. this book has LOTS of good pics and great explanation of ALL varieties of mushrooms.. I got my copy at Barns and Noble.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies