Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
future of evolution
    #920894 - 09/30/02 05:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i believe that human evolution in the future will reside in the integration of the internet and the body. i believe that the internet will eventually be integrated into our home appliances, tvs, radios, cars, etc... then i think the next step will be to integrate it into our bodys. i herd that there was a study at harvard where a microchip was implanted into someones body and they were successfull in transmitting data into the persons brain through the microchip. even if this isn't true i believe that someday it will be possible. When we all have microchips in our body we will then all be able to link up to the internet wirelessly and download the entire knowledge capacity of the internet into our brains. we will know what each and every person is doing on earth and they will know what you are doing. human knowledge and experience will be a collective consciousness and we will all be one. this sounds pretty nightmarish and alot of you are probably saying "no this wont happen. there are ethics involved". i believe that from generation to generation each individual generation is not able to control evolution but only experience it.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: future of evolution [Re: 1stimer]
    #923335 - 10/01/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

anyone wish to respond?

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

OfflineAcursedRedDragon
Legacy ofBrutality
Loc: Opium Den
    #923414 - 10/01/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

no.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: future of evolution [Re: AcursedRedDragon]
    #923417 - 10/01/02 05:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you just did

--------------------

OfflineAcursedRedDragon
Legacy ofBrutality
Loc: Opium Den
    #923425 - 10/01/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

liez.

InvisibleMetasyn
one

Loc: PNW
    #923556 - 10/01/02 05:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That's a really interesting idea. I think it could happen, although it would take many generations for people to get used to the idea. If cultural evolution has been one of increasing connectedness with one another, that would be the logical extrapolation.

I'll take your idea a little further: Everyone's brains are connected to everyone else's, and we can communicate just by transmiting our thoughts to one another. More than just communicate, we can also experience entire realities with one another without the need for physical bodies. It would be like one huge video game with each brain playing a character. I can picture a huge room with thousands of brains in jars all connected by electrodes and running on a vastly complex software system. I think this could be the ultimate goal of human evolution, to unite with the collective humanity and evolve within our imagination, unencumbered by the physical laws of this universe. This is a pretty scary thought from our cultural standpoint, but I bet you if we had the technology, there'd be no shortage of volunteers to take part in this experiment.

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: future of evolution [Re: Metasyn]
    #923566 - 10/01/02 06:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I hope Im dead by then.

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #923628 - 10/01/02 06:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Whoah dude, you just described the postmodern technological transcendance fantasy so perfectly you would give any graduate school literary theory professor an orgasm.

I can't really relate with the desire of turning myself into a machine. True, machines seem pretty efficient, but there is a lot to be said for the good old fashioned visceral human experience. :wink: That bit on information (having access tp all of it) is interesting too, but think about this...

Computers have access to unlimited amounts of information and data. Humans are placing an increasing amount of importance on gathering information, so the desire to have access to just as much makes even more sense. But what makes the human mind superior to the machine (and I know that at least one person will deny this vehemently) is our ability to decide what information isn't important. Our ability to make generalizations about nature and its behavior is what makes us able to make subjective decisions with positive results. It grants us creativity, flexibility, rationality, and all those other things that I hold so dear.
  Even science is based upon generalizations. A computer can make an infinite number of calculations, but it can never make any conclusions about the results of these calculations because it can't think past the numbers. But humans can, and computers wouldn't exist if we couldn't.

This is pretty much all theory from a french dude named jean brillaurd, if you want more.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlinericyjo
I'm a teapot

Loc: -53.121600, 73.763943
Re: future of evolution [Re: gluke bastid]
    #923941 - 10/01/02 08:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Guns will have to be taken away from people first.

Good luck with that...Deiter

--------------------
"Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

Edited by ricyjo (10/01/02 08:15 PM)

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: future of evolution [Re: ricyjo]
    #924577 - 10/02/02 10:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

if this theory were to actually happen and all humans were psychically connected then we would have no desire for guns because we would all essentially be one and we would have compassion for one another.

--------------------

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #925601 - 10/02/02 04:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

if this theory were to actually happen and all humans were psychically connected then we would have no desire for guns because we would all essentially be one and we would have compassion for one another.

The absence of compassion for others would be my biggest concern about the whole idea. How would people earn compassion from this situation? I would fear that the welfare of individuals would be viewed as expendable relative to the will of the greater collective.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Offlinepopdewman
passenger

Loc: us, maryland
    #925670 - 10/02/02 04:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you just described the cyborg manifesto perfectly
very good read

web page

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: future of evolution [Re: popdewman]
    #925987 - 10/02/02 06:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah i just read that shit, and it has a lot to do with what is going on in this post.

I don't think people would necessarily have any compassion either. If you were plugged into my conciousness and found that deep down inside I had a psychotic urge to kill (this is only hypothetical :grin: ) you, wouldn't you feel justified in arming yourself in my presence?

Perhaps your theory is that the only reason people have guns in the first place is because we have a lack of common understanding between each other. It is an interesting idea, but not provable. I would hesitate to embrace the idea that technology is suddenly going to leap from making people more disconnected to making them completely connected. Processes like this don't tend to change without a good old fashioned paradigm shift.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: future of evolution [Re: buttonion]
    #925991 - 10/02/02 06:57 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"How would people earn compassion from this situation?"

because it would be difficult to be ignorant. i believe that if you know someone pretty well and feel some sort of connection to them then it would be hard not to be compassionate towards them. I dont believe in good or evil. i dont believe that people are evil. i think that once everyone learns that we dont have to fear eachother we can all live in peace and that is what i find appealing about my theory is the possibility of peace and oneness.

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: future of evolution [Re: gluke bastid]
    #925993 - 10/02/02 06:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i hate it when i devise a theory in my head and come to find out its already been said. kind of devalues the originality of it.

--------------------

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #926110 - 10/02/02 07:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, you don't really need a chip implant to feel that connectedness with the rest of humanity...not to diss on your theory but the idea of a chip implanted in me in order for me to feel at one with humanity is ludacris and it makes me sick.
Humanity already exists as 'one'. You know, *sings* "One Love..........One Heart.."
I beleive these microchips and this internet is merely a persursor to telepathy. It is kind of hard to explain why I believe this, but anyone who's been online for a while and developed relationships over the internet should be able to see where I'm coming from here...
It doesn't matter if every person on earth knows what every other person is doing. All that matters is how.

I don't think a world such as the one you describe could evolve out of the capitalistic one we've made for ourselves. The only real purpose microchip implants would serve would be to benefit those companies that manufactured the microchips, guarenteeing the need for more microchips in the future.
I prefer to get my information experientially and by going deep within, to listen to the source.........

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
Re: future of evolution (food before microchips) [Re: 1stimer]
    #926148 - 10/02/02 07:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think that people are mistaken thinking that technology will play such a large part in the future of mankind.

Our current technology requires the use of huge ammounts of resources. IIn my opinion our current rate of advancement in technology is not going to be possible for much longer.
Instead of trying to grow and advance as fast as possible, I think we need to look towards technologies that are efficient and sustainable.

I think that there is more chance of humans being forced to return to primitive living than linking up everyones mind on the internet.

I hate to ruin the neat idea of global internet compassion. But we need to look at reality. I have travelled a lot in the third world, I have been to India and I have seen the dead bodies of starved people lying on the streets. When there are millions of people in the worl who do not have enough to eat, how are we going to all of a sudden "hook up" everybody with microchips that connect them to the global conciousness?

I think the internet global love and compassionate conciousness is a great idea.
But, seriously guys, lets get everybody food before we start worrying about microchips.

--------------------
---Still Searching---

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: future of evolution [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #926234 - 10/02/02 08:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"Humanity already exists as 'one'"

And that is why there is so much conflict in the world. right?

"It doesn't matter if every person on earth knows what every other person is doing. All that matters is how."

Its not about knowing what every person on earth is doing. its about every person on earth having access to the wealth of human knowledge. Anyways im sure there would be a way to log in and log out. and what does it matter how. things change through evolution why does it matter how they change?

"I don't think a world such as the one you describe could evolve out of the capitalistic one we've made for ourselves"

The world is capitalistic. thats something i wasnt aware of. what about china, cuba, france, etc.....

I have to disagree with everything you said in your post. You just seem like you are afraid of change. It seems that you are unable to step out of your place in time and evolution and see the big picture. Things change, so relating systems of government or morals or even human consciousness as we know it to future possibilities, albeit they may have an influence, is narrowminded. all these things will change.

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: future of evolution (food before microchips) [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #926255 - 10/02/02 08:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"Our current technology requires the use of huge ammounts of resources. IIn my opinion our current rate of advancement in technology is not going to be possible for much longer"

Have you considered that humans are pushing there territory outward into space and other planets.

"When there are millions of people in the worl who do not have enough to eat, how are we going to all of a sudden "hook up" everybody with microchips that connect them to the global conciousness?"

You arent seeing the big picture. all of this will change. with the rise and fall of empires and civilizations there is one thing that cant be destroyed and that is information, the internet. it will always be there for civilizations to tap into and harness the possibilities.

interconnected communication networks are the future of our evolution.

--------------------

Offlinepopdewman
passenger

Loc: us, maryland
Re: future of evolution (food before microchips) [Re: 1stimer]
    #926265 - 10/02/02 08:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

while i dont believe that this will be a worldwide 'linkage' -- i do see it as a plausible future for post-industrialized societies.. once our tech matures to the point of this being a viable possibility

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order