Matthew 5:20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scirbes and Pharisees, yo uwill never enter the kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 5:22 But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgement; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire. Matthew 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away; it is better that yo ulose on of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. Matthew 7:13 Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. Matthew 7:19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Matthew 7:26 And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it. Matthew 8:12 while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth. Matthew 10:14 And if any one will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgement for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town. Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:34 Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
This I got from just skimming 5 pages of Matthew; there are countless other quotes from the majority of the New Testament which show the persecutorial, wrathful, judgemental, and violent side of Jesus.
Please, read the Bible before you make blanket statements.
|