Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #9136081 -

Quote:
If you want to reduce worldwide suffering and help starving children, why would you want to save lions that cause so much suffering?



How are these two related? Are you suggesting that the reason why some people are starving (BTW, there are also adults that don't have anything to eat, not only children - even though the word children is more dramatic :wink:) is because of the lions?
Also, I don't know how you reached the conclusion that the people who would want to preserve this species have a high interest in stopping the world starvation? :confused:
Anyways, both of these preferences, as well as any other preference exists only for selfish reasons anyways, so I can't see where you're getting with all that. It sounds to me that you feel like bitching and you don't know exactly what you're bitching about. :shrug:

Quote:
Again it boils down to this idea that humans are special. Who cares if a lion kills all the cubs of a rival male or slowly eats a baby elephant alive. In fact let's make a movie of that and eat popcorn as we watch safe on a couch in our homes thousands of miles away.



It boils down for whom? Anyone in particular, or is it a general statement that refers to the degree of appreciation of all humans towards their kind?
I personally care about this issue, but I prefer not to consume my emotion over it, because I have discovered that it feels much better to accept it as a fact.
Couldn't the same thing be said about all the insects baby elephants step on and kill? Who cares about those little dudes? Or is it that they're just too small to be taken into account?


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #9136094 -

Huehuecoyotl said:
It sounds like you need to do what your name suggests.



Sometimes we need to soak in it to see if it really serves us. Right now and in some way it does for him. If the time comes for an organic change it will come right out of the place he is in now. At least it did for me (and you).  I thought like that until I realized emotionally that it would never really meet my needs. It's all inside and lions outside are just things being their neutral self. We decide to call it this or that. It can take a long time to come to grips with this.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #9140362 -

Common Veritas, why did you delete the flames? You don't think I can handle critical advice??? pfffft

I have been thinking... maybe I was too harsh in my judgment. I mean, wishing the destruction of the entire planet? That sounds fucking emo to me, and I ain't emo.

Mushroomtrip... lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #9140694 -

Sorry, I didn't read the starting thread and am just posing a few thoughts as impressions, as based on the title, which says that the more one learns of anything the more disgusted. 

This is a very important point of personal reference which can easily be used to lead to awakening of the more transcendental sort.  But in the sense that one must somehow break though that layer of personal judgementalism and evaluation and when one can do that then sometimes one can feel the real energy which propels things, which is all good, My Friend.

Some of those disgusting things upon looking back, oh, how we miss them.


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #9140866 -

Post deleted by Veritas

Reason for deletion: More appropriate in a PM.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #9140875 -

adjust said:
Common Veritas, why did you delete the flames? You don't think I can handle critical advice??? pfffft

I have been thinking... maybe I was too harsh in my judgment. I mean, wishing the destruction of the entire planet? That sounds fucking emo to me, and I ain't emo.

Mushroomtrip... lol.



This isn't all about you. Flaming is a practice that detracts from P&S as a whole.

It was natural for you to have a harsh judgment and you are very emo dude IMO. We all are for the most part. If humanity was calm and rational do you think you would have so much to complain about? If humanity was mostly healthy a lion or two would just make life more interesting to you.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: MOTH]
    #9140947 -

Post deleted by Veritas

Reason for deletion: Please send personal messages through PM.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #9140953 -

Post deleted by Veritas

Reason for deletion: Ditto.



--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: Icelander]
    #9140963 -

Post deleted by Veritas

Reason for deletion: Not appropriate.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #9140967 -

Post deleted by Veritas

Reason for deletion: ditto.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: MOTH]
    #9140980 -

Post deleted by Veritas

Reason for deletion: PM please.



--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: fireworks_god]
    #9141031 -

Post deleted by Veritas

Reason for deletion: Off-topic & more appropriate for PM.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: MOTH]
    #9141697 -

don't limit urself to purely mathematics
focus mostly on math, and that will make ur life much much grander
but also realize the harsh realities of life and deal with it


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #9141722 -

adjust said:
Post deleted by Veritas<p>Reason for deletion: Off-topic & more appropriate for PM.



Veritas is on the job.:shrug:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: Icelander]
    #9142160 -

Quote:
.. maybe I should limit my curiosity to mathematics only?



Limit to your curiosity to yourself, then you can live in blissful self-loathing.

I can't answer your question.  I think it's pretty bizarre to find everything disgusting when you learn more and more about it.  That's too bad.  Keep trying to learn and maybe  one day you'll find something you like.

Or, try learning about yourself, and maybe you'll figure out why learning about things disgusts you (and you'll be disgusted by that answer).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: Plasmid]
    #9142210 -

Do I detect a slight note of sarcasm?


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: Icelander]
    #9145474 -

No.  The answer was a short tune.  Two of the keys I played were sarcastic, but they were fully sarcastic.  The middle of the song was serious and somber.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: Plasmid]
    #9149098 -

"The more I learn about anything, the more I'm disgusted by it."

Disgust: To excite nausea or loathing in; sicken.

More to the point,

gust: A strong, abrupt rush of wind.

Every gust, has a disgust no?


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: Rahz]
    #9149348 -

That would depend upon the variety of "wind." :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The more I learn about anything, the more disgusted I am by it *DELETED* [Re: Veritas]
    #9149594 -

Ehh? :blush:

I was in the mountains today. Mid 40's. Wind was intermittent. Maybe 30% gusts, 70% stillness. Quite nice.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating.
( 1 2 all )
budmanman 2,334 22 11/28/07 12:21 AM
by budmanman
* Jehova's Witness?
( 1 2 all )
countchocula420 1,014 27 11/04/11 04:14 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Jehovah's witnesses
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 2,376 52 11/02/04 03:43 PM
by DMTelepath
* I support medical testing on unwilling humans
( 1 2 all )
lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl 1,333 23 02/19/09 08:46 PM
by satyr
* Suffering -- how do you deal with the knowledge of worldwide pain?
( 1 2 all )
tools_n_corpses 4,281 23 11/10/06 08:21 PM
by Shattered
* Jehovahs' Witness Called me Today Swami 1,051 18 07/07/04 01:58 PM
by Twirling
* Attitude Adjustment
( 1 2 all )
gettinjiggywithit 1,952 29 11/02/04 10:22 AM
by redgreenvines
* Humans are disgusting creatures
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Beatles 5,987 107 04/03/10 11:42 AM
by Icelander

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,864 topic views. 1 members, 10 guests and 26 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.