Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDertalix
Stranger

First Trip on Mushrooms (1 dried gram of Liberty Caps)
    #9106887 - 10/20/08 10:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I was in my room, sitting on the edge of my bed and had my laptop in front of me on top of a little red chair. Behind the chair was my TV hooked up to my PS3,  which I left on with the music visual player going on a loop (although the TV was on mute), the Earth showed on the background, moving slowly while the stars surrounded it.

The room was almost dark, the only light coming from the TV, my laptop and a tall lamp on my right near the bed. I kept changing the intensity of the lamp until I finally found the right setting for the room...it was all dimly lit. I was online and set up a little video conference thing with a friend that would act as a trip sitter to the best of his ability.

However, I couldn't use my mic, so i could only type. He had his mic on but no camera, while i had my camera on but no mic. I had my headphones plugged into a headphone amp which was connected to the laptop. I had this set up because my headphones sound better when connected to the amp and I wanted to listen to some music in the best quality possible. Anyhow, I fasted almost all day but got too hungry and had a light meal, waited around 6 hours, then took 1 dried gram (or slightly more...not sure) of Liberty Caps at around 1-2 AM.

At one point I started feeling the effects of the mushroom to take hold. I felt a bit funny and was smiling or at least  it felt like I was smiling. As the effects started to get stronger, it got a little hard to type but I could manage. I was listening to some music but I kept fiddling with the volume so I could still hear my friend through the mic but I couldn't get it right so at one point I just stopped the music all together.

This is when I noticed that the windows on my laptop started to get distorted, they were slightly moving around and changing size. If  I could compare this to anything it would have to be one of those funny mirrors. I was in awe at this, I think it was the first big visual sign that definitely meant the effects were on the way. It is one thing to have read about the effects of mushrooms, bu its a completely different thing to experience it, as I am sure a lot of people have found out.

At one point I looked at the TV and saw that the atmosphere of Earth was starting to form into various different things, ranging from a big green dragon to a distorted old person on the other side at the edge of Earth, which somehow seemed to evoke the feeling of death. I thought for a sec about how we all go through that same process.

Later on the Earth was on the left side of the TV screen and what occupied most of the TV were stars. However, these stars were starting to turn into eyes, not all stars though, there was a certain pattern.  Think of a vertical rectangle filled with stars, now think of the corners of that vertical rectangle as eyes which are surrounded by stars and you should get the picture.

From here on things got intense. Whenever I started typing I looked at the keyboard to make sure I was typing right and what I noticed at one point was that my hands now seemed to have gone through a slight transformation. I looked at them while typing and it looked as if my fingers were larger or had larger nails, not quite sure but it was freaking me out a little, it gave me a slight evil vibe haha, however I just tried to avoid focusing on it.

But I guess that didn't work (not for long anyhow) because what happened next was that the lighting of the lamp was not giving me any good vibes. It was sort of orange/reddish and I didn't like it at all. Next thing I know some small LED lights that were above the TV started to give me bad vibes along with the lamp.

The room was not looking pretty I tell ya. If you have seen the film "Fear and Loathing", remember the scene in which Raoul Duke is tripping on that Adrenochrome adrenaline thing? Well, if you remember how the lightning was in that scene, you would know what I mean...although, not as intense as that, it still managed to make me make me a bit concerned and scared...

I then started to move the lamp to another position and what not and ended up turning off the light, the TV, PS3, the LED lights and somehow managed to turn off the headphone amp (its a tube amp and if I wont be using it for music, its better to turn it off, otherwise its a waste) and switch cables and reconnect the headphones to my laptop.

I was stressed out over the smallest things and everything was kind of getting to me. I had definitely entered a little bad trip at that point. I tried lying down on bed and found that there was an eye that formed around this one part of the lamp (the lamp was at the end of my bed, so I was facing it), but then these little eyes started to crop up on this photo that is framed on the wall next to my bed.

I kept trying to change any little thing I could about my environment and then thought I could use some fresh air and opened the window slightly, then I saw that the road was kind of orange due to the lighting outside I guess, but the color was very intense, definitely part of the effects of the mushroom.

At that point I thought, ”Oh come on, give me a break!”. I tried taking a bite out of an apple I had lying around and drinking water but neither managed to calm me. I think I then went back and forth between sitting and looking at my laptop and lying down on the bed but I couldn't do anything right.

I believe I thought of telling my friend but then I thought that just talking about the bad trip would make it worse, not to mention it would be very difficult to explain to him everything that was going on and that fact would stress me out more. I should have just told him, "Bad trip", but for some reason I didn't think of it and thought I had to tell every little detail, which was impossible for me at the moment. Anyhow, I closed my eyes and barely saw some things, I couldn't make it out and I didn't care, I just wanted to feel relaxed and good.

Then all kinds of negative thoughts were starting to form, I was scared, wanted it all to end and regretted eating the mushrooms. I started to think about a bunch of personal stuff. Then I started to think about the situation at hand and thought about what would happen if things got out of control and my parents found out.

A CRAZY thought came up about just telling them at that very moment about the trip (I live with them in an apartment...) and asking for help but then I started to think about them having no clue what to do, hospital crossed my mind at one point and I just thought about how worse the trip would just turn out. I then thought, ”Hey, the trip could be worse, but compared to that, this aint that bad! I am doing fine.”

I think I stopped lying on the bed, sat in front of my laptop and then attempted to communicate with my friend, who I am sure was going  ”WTF is going on over there!?” I think I asked him to talk about positive stuff and I didn't try to go into what had just happened. I tried to stop controlling everything and just let the trip take me anywhere. This worked, but it took a while.

Then my friend started to play some bass I think and it was pretty cool, I think it made me feel better, but I wasn't quite over the bad trip yet. Later on a cousin of mine got online and I was very happy that he came on. I barely managed to tell him I was on mushrooms.

I told him to send me good vibes (lol) and he started typing a bunch of great positive stuff about life all around and he also thanked me for helping him sort out some personal stuff of his (although it was all a bit hard to read), which, with the help of my friend that was playing some music, managed to put the bad trip way behind me.

I really felt great and was having a good time and had amazing positive thoughts. At that moment I was experiencing joy and love and just good vibes all around. I felt that everything would be fine, the wars that have and might happen in the future dont matter, the negative characteristics of humanity dont matter and in the end everything will be alright and that unconditional love is a wonderful thing that everyone should have.

I felt very optimistic about things.

A few days earlier I was talking to my cousin about the state of the world, humanity and its history, all pretty much in a negative light. I remember telling my cousin at this point that everything would turn out fine in the end and "love you man!" a bunch of times. I think I also told my friend, "Dude you are a good friend!!" lol.

At one point I started somewhat spacing out and felt, for some reason, very old and wise....then I snapped back to reality and noticed I was somewhat hunched over and my back was hurting a lot....

After all this time, a strange feeling came up. I thought I had to take a piss but wasn't sure. Told my friend and he said to make sure and get my ass to the bathroom I guess. lol. I remember going to the bathroom and while pissing found that the toilet was getting slightly bigger and bigger.

On my little travel to the bathroom I found that I actually felt pretty normal, I mean I could walk fine and everything and then thought about how I had spent almost all the trip sitting or lying on the bed with headphones on. I thought that when my bad trip started, I could have just got out of the room and maybe I would have felt better due to the change of room.

Later on  my friend was trying to guide me into different thoughts, like one time he went on to talk about ants and I didnt get everything he said, but at the end he said, ”Imagine you are an ant.” (lol). Things he said made me at various points space out and think about these things, like if I closed my eyes, I would just trip on these weird thoughts, little stories. I was thinking how amazing it all was, but I cant quite remember what it was all about now.

Even though I started seeping deeper into these little trips, I would get somewhat scared at points and I snapped out of it. I think it was because I was afraid I would go into a bad trip and then tried to communicate with my friend and cousin.

After a while the effects started to wear off and I ended up feeling very exhausted. I watched some Youtube videos and called it a night. Couldn’t manage to sleep for a while though.

That’s my little trip.

In retrospect, I am a bit dissapointed in how I handled it all. I knew from the beginning that the setting was not great but still went through with it. Also, I initially wanted to try and meditate while tripping but then the plan of the video conference came up and somehow I forgot about it.

It was still worth it though, I had some good, fun moments that night and I even managed to get something to work on myself from that little bad trip. Also, taking only 1 gram for my first time was definitely a good decision...now I have an idea of how it feels and learned a few things about the setting and how lightning affects the trip and what not.

Well, hope you had fun reading... :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyapper1200
Comfortable
Male

Re: First Trip on Mushrooms (1 dried gram of Liberty Caps) [Re: Dertalix]
    #9123589 - 10/23/08 08:52 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, sounds like a close one. It would have sucked to have had a bad trip on your first time.
I have a question though. I've never done shrooms before, and i was wondering how easy it is to recollect your trip after? I've only ever done weed and salvia and after doing both of those it's kind of hard to say what happened exactly.

Offlinehugsnotdrugs
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First Trip on Mushrooms (1 dried gram of Liberty Caps) [Re: yapper1200]
    #9124648 - 10/24/08 12:20 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yeah man, my first time(and only time so far) i was with a couple of buddies, 2 others and I shared an 1/8th of cabenzas and i think because we were all prepared and knowing it was going to be a fun trip made it better. I wasnt scared, and i had 2 other sober guys(well smoking some weed but thats it) there too, and i just felt really comfortable playin skate while i waited for the effects to kick in. So i think next time prepare yourself a little better, and just know that its going to be fun would probably help. I was able to remember all my trip, the best thing was looking at a towel and it had a bunch of tenticles lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder