Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOKKuato
Amazon BasinRepresentative

Loc: A small planet in the esc...
First Solo Trip this Weekend
    #1487562 - 04/23/03 09:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Peeps,

I'm going to try something totally new to me this weekend. I'm going to eat some shrooms in the privacy of my own home, with no one there to distract me in any way.

I've tripped my fair share of times (more than 10 but less then 100), but always with people around. This weekend I'm going solo.

My Plan:
1. Load 5 CDs into my disc changer. I'm thinking I should only go with stuff I feel pretty confident about, so my line up is something like this . . . (give or take a CD or two)
Sonic Sum - The Sanity Annex
Shpongle - Are You Shpongled
Radiohead - B-Sides (A special CD made from various bootlegs and rare copies)
Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica
Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulliton
2. Eat 2g of Arcadian Coast and 2g of Creeper (or 4 of one) in some shroom tea
3. Sit back and enjoy the ride

If anyone has some "tripping alone" tips, I would love the hear them. My intention is to do this for the experience. I just want to see where my mind takes me when I have no other people around to distract me.

Peace
OKKuato

PS - I'm also going to lay out a few movies I really like near the DVD player (in case I get freaked out and need to watch something to calm me down).

--------------------
Everybody knows what is going wrong with the world,
I don't even know what's going on . . . in myself.

Edited by OKKuato (04/24/03 06:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: First Solo Trip this Weekend [Re: OKKuato]
    #1487572 - 04/23/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have done a few solo trips (on acid). It's a great experience, because there is no need to worry about other people, what to say/making a fool of yourself, distractions. Just you and your mind for 12 hours (6 in your case). And it's great to be able to spend the entire trip just listening to music - it's something I HAVE to do on a trip. A few days before a trip I always tend to make a rough music list of CDs I want to experience.
You should be fine. Enjoy it :smile: 

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: First Solo Trip this Weekend [Re: Sheepish]
    #1488016 - 04/24/03 12:15 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The music list looks pretty good.

I actually prefer solo trips, you get so much more out of it.

I don't know what kind of room you will be in but before i moved out of my parents house i had my room all decked out with crazy light's and posters and artwork and more lights (christmas light are awsome! and i also have this oil lamp that drips oil and leaves shadows on everything, very trippy) and it was just perfect for tripping, If you are able to do anything like that, it's much better than sitting in an ordinary room.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: First Solo Trip this Weekend [Re: thestringphish]
    #1488123 - 04/24/03 12:56 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

GOOD Choice going with Shpongle as CD #2 - that should be pretty nice timing :wink: You'll be blown away.

One tip is to just relax and don't go anywhere (cept the bathroom if necessary of course..).

Have some water nearby, and a good meal waiting to be consumed after the trip :smile:

Good luck, have fun, and be sure to let us know how it goes :-D

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (04/24/03 12:59 AM)

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: First Solo Trip this Weekend [Re: Strumpling]
    #1488309 - 04/24/03 02:20 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The majority of my trips ive done on the solo tip.

jus get in some comfortable cloths (like wat u sleep in), and Strumpling gave u a good tip too about the water. I always fill up a one gallon jug of water and keep it and a cup on standby incase im thirsty and i cant make it too far if im trippin hard. Itd prably b a good idea to have some fruit on standby too incase u get hungry.

And also, with me - i dont tell ne one when going to trip, I just dissapear. I dont want ne one calling me or comin thru to the house while im trippin or b4 i trip. Ud have to make the call on that one, since i dont know how your friends are; I just find it ezier to not tell ne one. Then when its over i let it b known that i was trippin.

Plus if u smoke weed then u should have that on standby too. but if u smoke weed, then im sure u were gonna do that ne way.

And remember that cartoons can really turn around a bad trip. (thats good too know if ur trippin by urself)

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineOKKuato
Amazon BasinRepresentative

Loc: A small planet in the esc...
Re: First Solo Trip this Weekend [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1489921 - 04/24/03 02:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I'll be sure to keep some water (and weed) nearby for emergencies. My roommate will be working all day and my woman is out of town, so I should be safe from people stopping by, but I'm going to turn my phone off and lock the door anyway. My only worry is my landlord (who lives above me). She is quick to bitch if the music is up too loud. I know how loud I can get it without it being a problem, but in my altered state I might crank it up a bit too much.

Interesting idea on the cartoons ShamanSean. I've actually never watched cartoons while trippin. I've got all 44 episodes of The Tick on DVD that I bet would be a shit-ton of fun.

If I have time next week, I'll write up a short trip report and post it here.

Peace
OKKuato

--------------------
Everybody knows what is going wrong with the world,
I don't even know what's going on . . . in myself.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1489976 - 04/24/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I would only recommend the cartoons if you're uncomfortable or freaking out or something; otherwise, in my opinion, you're wasting valuable trip-time getting distracted with cartoons..... guess it depends on what you're lookin for.. Anyway, have fun, and watch that volume :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinez3r0
=P

#1490069 - 04/24/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

good luck man. sounds like fun. my girl friend is a ummm well she usta be fun but now shes a prude, being that i plan on doing my first EVER trip solo. hopefully tomorrow night if i can get the shrooms.. if not the ill jsut smoke alot. but yea, your plan sounds great.

-comfortable clothes
-food/drink
-music your comfortable with
-something in the VCR (cartoons) to pull you out if the trip starts going the wrong way
-doors locked
-ciggs if you smoke em'
-a nice amount of quailty weed
-nice atmosphere
-and dont worry about it before you do it =P

but yea, im off... parents are leaving tomorrow morning and wont be back till sat afternoon. i have to get some damn shrroms.

take it easy, and have fun!

yepps, thats about it

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: First Solo Trip this Weekend [Re: z3r0]
    #1490088 - 04/24/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Clean up! unplug the phone. Have a blanket. Dont go online. Smoke weed. and if it gets scary remember its only a trip. Have fun...solo is the only way to go.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: First Solo Trip this Weekend [Re: z3r0]
    #1490095 - 04/24/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"and dont worry about it before you do it "

Well uhh don't worry much AFTER you do it either..

--------------------

Offlineshaftmonkey
Psychonaut

#9057459 - 10/10/08 07:22 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

be in a really good mood. Shrooms are kinda volatile for me, because i find my trip taking quick turns from bad to good, and back again, especially while alone.

idk about acid. in fact, i just dropped 2 hits for the first time about an hour ago, wish me luck lol.

Offlinehalo
Tripper
Male

Re: First Solo Trip this Weekend [Re: shaftmonkey]
    #9058700 - 10/10/08 12:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No offense but you just revived a 5 year old thread. Congrats mi amigo, the past is alive.

Lol I kept thinking it was weird with everyone just talking about CDs. I kept thinking "Why don't they just use an iPod it's so much easier to navigate while tripping than a pile of CDs lol".

Anyways, solo trips can be a lot of fun, but you have to careful and be in the right mindset. The first few times I tripped I was by myself and got very introspective. It was unpleasant although I did end up learning some valuable lessons about myself.

--------------------
All drugs should be legal

Offlineshaftmonkey
Psychonaut

Re: First Solo Trip this Weekend [Re: halo]
    #9060941 - 10/10/08 09:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ahahahah im so sorry. I did this 2 times today.

My trip was good by the way. I've taken shrooms multiple times alone, some of which ended up in what could be considered bad trips, but i learned from them. For me, acid seems to bring me out to the world, while shrooms sort of send me deep into my mind for a trip consisting of deep introspection.

I love both.

And i officially just hijacked a 5 year old thread. I'll just stop talking now.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds