Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Tripping alone!
    #946203 - 10/09/02 03:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

can you trip solo or do you need to be in the company of others while tripping. Why?

i'm one who hates to trip alone ... the trip becomes to intense for comfort. trips with friends are great and the thoughts are much more pleasant.

i grew up in a family of six so i never really been bymyself growing up ... that may the my reason why?

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephishytrip
Gillious Supreme
Male User Gallery

Loc: AZ, USA
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Kemist] * 1
    #946258 - 10/09/02 04:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i love both...tripping with friends is cool but sometimes to trip alone and really go deep inside your self and be one with your self is really cool...i like both

--------------------
Eram quod es; eris quod sum

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Kemist]
    #946265 - 10/09/02 04:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm less social, so I enjoy solo trips a lot more. But with certain people I would have a blast tripping with.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #946318 - 10/09/02 04:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I love tripping solo...especially when I integrate tripping with meditation. I do enjoy a good tripping party however. To me psychedelics are tools with many different functions. I can be social on them as well as enjoy entering my own consciousness and learn how my mind is reacting and interpreting my perceptions.

I've had some intense moments during solo trips...but I've also had some intense moments in social settings...it's the nature of higher doses.

I find people who don't like to get "deep" or deal with internal issues in their life tend to make for bad trippers. And on the flip side, I find that people who are very comfortable with their own skin and have an understanding of who they are and what consciousness is, tend to really enjoy tripping and develop great insight as well as engage artistic creativity during and after trips.

I have always felt that psychedelics should not be taken by anyone who is not mature enough to handle themselves on their own and have a basic understanding of perception.

My advice to first timers is always this: if you know who you are and are comfortable with everything you are not...solo tripping is a great experience. If you've never tripped on a psychedelic before, I always suggest for your first 2 or 3 trips on a specific substance to always have a guide with you. You can always ask the guide to leave you alone for a while...but you can always summon them back to you if things become too heavy or detached and you need some form of grounding. For me personally, I always just needed to hear another person's voice when things got heavy for me. Just hearing another person speak was enough reassurance to me to still be able to enjoy the detachment of higher doses.

A word of warning from my experience: high LSD doses are brilliant and fun...high shroom doses are a completely different ball game. LSD always "fine tuned" consciousness for me...shrooms at levels over 5 grams showed me exactly how "deep" my mind really can go and in so many directions at once it was very humbling, awe-inspiring and yes at time a little spooky. But inherently knowing that shrooms don't damage your brain in any way, and knowing you can't OD on regular doses, always keeps me calm and stable during heavier moments of detachment.

I think what frightens most people about solo tripping is the ego loss that psychedelics induce at higher doses. This type of mental state can be achieved in sober meditation...but it's never a forced detachment. When psychedelics hit your magic threshold...you have no choice but to hold on and endure the detachment.

Since you know you don't like the intensity of solo tripping, I'd recommend you take up some form of meditation. It can greatly enhance how you appreciate your trip and you'll find that detachment on psychedelics becomes a lot less traumatic when they occur. Otherwise...stick with what you know works best for you...tripping with friends.

Again, psychedelics are inherently void of any "purpose." They can be recreational as well as influential/therapeutic. It's up to you to find out where in your life they fall, and use them accordingly.

Just my thoughts on the topic.

Love & Light,

Bop

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Boppity604]
    #946816 - 10/09/02 06:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

I find people who don't like to get "deep" or deal with internal issues in their life tend to make for bad trippers.

In a sense but enthogens can also make that person comfrontt those internal issues and help them out in the long run to get over them.

Edited by nezshoo (10/09/02 06:50 PM)

OfflineLummy
Pipilzintzintl
    #946851 - 10/09/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hello,

The question of tripping alone is a tough one. I've always thought that the ideal number of people for a shroom trip is even: regardless of number. I've noticed a trend in which it is important to form diads (teehee, twos). I think this has something to do with a concept my firends and I like to call: "exactly, but not it at all." The way that you feel on shrooms is never the exact way another person feels and in order to come to some comfortable medium it's nice to have a partner. You can have an intimate conversation with someone and then come back to the group with both your ideas solidly founded. It's also cool to notice how much your diad wandered from the thoughts of other diads. They are always so wrong! haha.
I don't know about tripping alone. Shrooms are very intense to me, so I would recommend against it. I have wandered away from people to have my own little conversations with an entity I like to describe as my "pared down self." He is always very kind and very very truthful; almost to the point of making me look insane. I hate "pared down guy" if I am having a less than positive trip, and if you find yourself with him and without anyone else to pull you out, results can be scary. Severe depression; mixed with an almost hopeless outlook on life. This is why it is very important to take shrooms when you feel good about yourself.

--------------------
Let's all get hussied up and have a fine time.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #947254 - 10/09/02 08:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

do both! just eat a few shrooms, and go to the park were there is people, and keep your mouth shut...or eat them and go to a hippy club were this kind of thing is expected, accepted, and understood.
if you do that, you don't KNOW anybody there....but you are around people...it's kinda like doing both at once.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Anonymous

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #947358 - 10/09/02 08:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

tripping alone is nice

Offlinecelestialtripper
Test Pilot
Male User Gallery

#948082 - 10/10/02 01:10 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

for me its kinda nice just to get away from everyone in the world and just trip out, but yes sometimes the thoughts when tripping alone start to fuck with me a bit, i do enjoy tripping with friends too tho. and yes because u grew up in a large family if you get uncomfortable when your alone and sober that could be greatly intensified when your on shrooms.

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
Re: Tripping alone!(WOW) [Re: Boppity604]
    #948190 - 10/10/02 02:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

DANG.....boppity
I want to trip with you!!!

--------------------
---Still Searching---

Edited by LOPHO.MP (10/10/02 02:53 AM)

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Lummy]
    #948198 - 10/10/02 02:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I like your "diads" idea.
I would like to try that sometime...I just need to find some friends who would be into it.
I think this type of group sojourn into the realms of consciousness opened by entheogens is the future.

Imagine mushroom workshops! Minds getting together and discovering the dissolution of ego boundaries etc.

There is great potential here!!

--------------------
---Still Searching---

Offlinemrpants
jedi

Loc: London
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #948417 - 10/10/02 05:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The one time I tripped with other people doing them I had a really bad time. As soon as they left to explore the surronding area I had a great time.

I think I just felt responsible for them as I had got them into doing it. The pressure of being there for them seemed to leave as soon as they did.

I will be tripping San Pedro for the first time by myself tonight. I am a little worried that I will have a bad time. As long as I stay positive I should be ok right?

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #949356 - 10/10/02 10:30 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Great post boppity.

--------------------

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Revelation]
    #949598 - 10/10/02 12:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've never tripped by myself. Never saw the point. But after some thought, and reading this thread.... I think I will. Its hard, cause I live with a girl who is just as much of a stoner as I am... I think when it warms up next year, I'm gonna take a camping "trip" all by myself. To find myself, and get back to nature.

Thanks for the insight shroomery!

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Offlineshroom_newbie
journeyman
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: iloveraving]
    #950845 - 10/10/02 07:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

everytime i have tripped I have been with friends in the beggining. Then when i am about to peak i feel that no one understands me and i just go off on my own. Then after i start coming back down i go and hang out with them. I guess i just like to be alone while peaking.

Offlinezazz
mini F+

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: iloveraving]
    #953689 - 10/11/02 10:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yeah its kinda scary if you start thinking too much. because being alone causes you to have mini conversations in your head, you say things in your head (what is that? whats wrong here?...etc). and they take hold of you sometimes, so i think you have to learn how to deal with that before you can trip alone successfully. but if you are an intravert then it can also release you and allow you to be yourself.

and even with all those thoughts that could cause a bad trip, i think somewhere in those you find yourself, like the dude above me said. you see things and realize things that are going on in your life that you dont normally see.

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#954928 - 10/12/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

all the 6 times I have ingested shrooms i was with my brother or alone or ahahah

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineEnlightenedFreak
Lurk-er

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #955802 - 10/12/02 08:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Everytime i have tripped it has been alone. I cant say this from experience or anything but I think for me, tripping with another person would be a distraction... But thats what I think for now..

--------------------
The pleasure of satisfying a savage instict undomesticated by the ego is uncomparaby much more intense than the one of satisfying a tamed instinct.
S. Freud

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #955811 - 10/12/02 09:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I enjoy trippping alone.
If I trip with poeple I usually like to have just one friend to trip with, it seems to go much smoother with just one other friend.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflineAddict
addict

#955956 - 10/12/02 10:50 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Boppity I wanna tell you that what you said above is just absoloutly right and I wouldnt have said it any better - i agree 150%

Id like to comment though with trips man they are great some of you say you are nervous and shit well everyone is with pyschedelics and ya you can have a bad time but heres my theory: Consume your pyschedelic and just chill go with the flow no matter what. Whatever mood feelings you have ride them out and just relax your feeling the way you are because you are. Just be you, yourself there is no one else you can be act however you wanna act stumble around retardly if you feel like it because who cares just be comfortable. Ive never in my life have had a real bad trip - Ive had trips where parts of it werent to good but that was due to some setting and mood circumstances - Although when I take my trips I like to learn things from the experience if it may be something new about life or something new I can now relate too - something even new I never knew existed within myself. Thats why I love trippings I fucking love it so goddamn much in fact Ive done it around 25-30 times in the past three months which works out to like....... alot maybe 2-3 times a week lol.. But I love it absoloutly love it I got tons of knowledge and a new appreciated for mushrooms and Buddha(The god of Buddhaism which i can actually relate alot to now because of my mushroom\tripping experience(s)) However almost all my trips have been on mushrooms I havent exactly done alot of other pyschedelics. Although I've never had one bad shroom trip most ive eaten is a quarter but they were real weak cubies didnt trip to hard at all. Excluding marijuana gota smoke mad buds always weed is the best!!!!! only other drug ive tripped off of was Ketamine I blew around 350mg in one night and went into many other k holes but I really dont consider K to be that pyschedelic at all k holes just disconnect me from the world but with not much of a major mind bending thought process. And I also consider K bad and a waste I need to stop "blowing" my money on it. However enough of that Im doing mescaline in around a week or 2 and I should be definitly trying some acid this year along with some DMT and course the constant mushroom.

I love to trip i consider it a tool and a a beautiful crazy medicine for the brain.
I just say relax and just go with the flow and youll always have a good time dont worry about yourself or anything and just intake in the experience enjoy it and make it your own however you feel happy with it. Especially when mindloss is apparent you need to just go with the flow remmeber try to remember who you are and find out new things if possible - continue to learn the self.

But Id also like to add yes meditation is great to know as well because its very grounding not just when your tripping hardcore and adventuring through pyschedelic utopia but just straight sober as a good activity thats grounding peaceful and useful i like to meditate as well

Edited by Addict (10/12/02 11:17 PM)

Invisibleseti
n00b

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Addict]
    #2129883 - 11/23/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

>Excluding marijuana gota smoke mad buds always weed is the best!!!!!

LOL!!!

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: seti]
    #2130894 - 11/23/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The most fun I've had tripping was on acid, with 5 (maybe 6?) other people, all completely out of our gourds.. it was great.
I had a much more intense experience recently by myself.. and for 3 hours, all I wanted was to hear a familiar voice, but unfortunately it was 3 AM and all my friends that were still awake, had left their cell phones in their cars. woo.. thanks guys..
it's a crazy experience. I had fun, I just got SO SO bored that it really almost ruined the trip for me.. I just can't stand sitting around staring at walls, music or no music, it's just boring.. and I can't stand being bored, apparently much much more when I'm tripping than sober.

I really enjoy large group (well, 5 to 10) tripping.. it's always been a fun time for me. always have been good friends of mine, tho.. with the exception of at bonnaroo, I don't like to be around strangers when I'm tripping.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2130934 - 11/23/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

my firt trip was alone in my forest
i started screaming i ame an elf,and outher stuff
it was funny

--------------------

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: notapillow]
    #2131216 - 11/23/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Alone in the forest is the best IMO
But everybody I know trip with other people

OfflineMegaShadow
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Gus]
    #2131818 - 11/24/03 05:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've always tripped alone. I love it. I'm gonna start tripping with people though.

OfflineMojoRisin
journeyman
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: MegaShadow]
    #2133302 - 11/24/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

so far one trip with freinds- very fun and enjoyable; one trip alone- rollercoaster.

Offlineoptic1
Dr. Phil Atio
Male

Loc: WA
    #24566616 - 08/20/17 03:54 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I love solo, friends are great too unless you get the one bonehead who doesn't handle it well and it's a panic attack. You can spend hours telling them their ok.

If Solo, Always remember to turn off the stove lol.

OfflineSardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
    #26489816 - 02/17/20 11:10 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I have not heard this option mentioned in this thread but have you considered starting with a low dose like one gram, then ramping up to two grams, then three?

It is what I did and have found it to be a reliable method of testing my reaction to mushrooms; specifically Golden Teachers.

I have eaten them alone only with a specific therapeutic intention in mind and if I started to see colors or patterns I squashed them by standing up and reminding myself what I came to do and they went away.

I don't have a lot of experience but I know the journey can go REALY, REALY, REALY bad, so that is why I started with small doses. If I do a higher dose I would do it with an experienced sitter though.

--------------------
Not all who wander are lost.

OfflineMiss-sheeva
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: QC
    #26919696 - 09/05/20 04:48 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

For recreational its much more enjoyable with some good friend, but for the spiritual or introspective way of shroom, i prefer to do it alone. I have alot of wonderfull tripp with friend but i think i prefer now to tripp alone. Its more usefull for me

--------------------
Follow the withe rabbit into the Hole...

Offlinedaemora
Rookie Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Hillys - System 4
    #26919762 - 09/05/20 05:25 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

First thing in the morning with a full nights rest prior. Meditation to center myself, set intentions, then I lie down with a sleep mask and ambient music. Then the journey to the center of the universe ensues. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Carlson and Peters!
First grow - PF Tek
Alacabenzi

OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: daemora]
    #26920140 - 09/05/20 08:48 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I had some fun trips with friends in college and that kind of thing, but I'm old now and there's no way I'm gonna spend a trip dealing with another person. I tried a couple times with my wife and she didn't like it. Shrooms make her feel "sick" and she complains the whole time.

OfflineFrenchAlps
Hockey & Krautrock
Male

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Universe]
    #26920463 - 09/06/20 04:26 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I tripped with some friends in my younger days, about 15 years ago. I've been back to shrooms recently, I tripped on my own and felt much better that way.

I guess when I was younger it was all about exploring, having fun, whereas at another stage of my life I feel the need to work on myself as I have encountered many more difficulties. A low dose of shrooms for my comeback to psychedelics all alone was a very pleasant experience. I was a bit afraid to do it alone so if one wants to go for it, start with a small dose and see how you react and how it feels to be on your own in that situation. Prepare a nice setting, something well thought out and screaming safety (can't be 100% but not to be underestimated) in case things turn the wrong way ... and if it does, accept it for what it is, someting that had to happen, to be digested to feel better afterwards.

InvisibleLemonTekno
Stranger
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: FrenchAlps]
    #26920511 - 09/06/20 06:11 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

There's few people I'd trip with, so solo mostly for lack of opportunities.

OfflinePsycheDerek
MAXIMUM DEREK
I'm a teapot

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: LemonTekno]
    #26920665 - 09/06/20 08:21 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I sadly don't have the opportunity to trip with anyone but myself these days. On one hand I wish I had someone else to trip with, but on the other, the thought of an entire other person being there with me kinda weirds me out.

Offlinedaemora
Rookie Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Hillys - System 4
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Universe]
    #26922502 - 09/07/20 06:45 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Universe said:
I had some fun trips with friends in college and that kind of thing, but I'm old now and there's no way I'm gonna spend a trip dealing with another person. I tried a couple times with my wife and she didn't like it. Shrooms make her feel "sick" and she complains the whole time.

I had the same adverse reaction. If you haven't already, try brewing powdered mushroom tea with a handful of fresh ginger slices and lemon juice, then strain off the solids (another cause of sickness) with a fine mesh metal strainer. Does absolute wonders for nausea / stomach aches.

--------------------
Carlson and Peters!
First grow - PF Tek
Alacabenzi

OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: daemora]
    #26922561 - 09/07/20 07:46 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

daemora said:

I had the same adverse reaction. If you haven't already, try brewing powdered mushroom tea with a handful of fresh ginger slices and lemon juice, then strain off the solids (another cause of sickness) with a fine mesh metal strainer. Does absolute wonders for nausea / stomach aches.

Actually, the one problem she never has is with nausea. She's a big complainer and when she doesn't feel good she lets everyone know so they can feel sorry for her. When we trip, she spends the whole come up complaining about her runny nose and about how she feels like she has a cold. Then once it hits she complains about feeling paranoid. She gets obsessed with the things that go right past most of us on our way to psychedelic bliss. I'm trying to sit back and watch the wheels of the universe doing their thing, and she's bitching and moaning about trivial discomforts, and getting annoyed at me because I'm not showering her in enough sympathy. That's why I'll be tripping alone going forward. It's just not her thing.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom