Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineurbanism
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: SF, CA
Trip Report - The Coltrane Trip! - Level 4/5
    #1656618 - 06/23/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This is my trip report from Friday Night.

Time: 9:30pm-2am
Place: My 2bdrm apartment, San Francisco California
Shrooms: 2 large caps and about 8-10 small stems from Humboldt County(dried)

This was my second solo trip. My first was a level 2 at the ocean during the day. About 3 weeks earlier, My girlfriend and I had eaten some of these shrooms while camping on a Lava Bed in Northern California. It was fun, but there was a sense of uneasiness because of the unusual and slightly uncomfortable surroundings. At the time I felt that I needed to keep my head on straight so that we wouldn?t get lost, so we could start a campfire etc. Since then, I had been wanting to do a solo trip in a very comfortable place where I didn?t have to worry about anything. My girlfriend was out of town for the weekend, so it was the perfect opportunity.

I planned the night days in advance. The first thing I did was ?borrow? the LCD projector from work for the weekend. With this, I could project psychedelic visuals on the ceiling of my ?trip room? which was our 2nd bedroom. No problem borrowing the projector, or hooking it up at home.

I also bought some pastels to draw with, set up my stereo in the room, and cleaned the entire house thoroughly. I didn?t want any visual clutter, smells etc. to interfere with my trip. I also unplugged the phone and ?fasted? since lunchtime.

After running around Downtown SF after work looking for some Splungle CDs (and not finding any), I got home, drank a protein shake, layed out the mushrooms and some catnip for my cat with some candles on the mantle. I then finished cleaning the house and setting up my trip room, hooking up a turntable and mixer and digging out some good records out of my record collection. Everything was in order and was time to go!

0:00 I eat the shrooms on a rice cake with some peanut butter, no problem with the taste, washing it down with water.

+0:20 The shrooms start to come on, with the usually uneasiness, although it was pretty mild. I spend this time listening to some blues on the turntable.

+0:45 I put on some Tangereen Dream and lay back on the couch in my trip room. I?m staring up at the ceiling and watching the visuals from the LCD projector. They are really dynamic, but I?m not being totally engrossed.

+0:50 I go into the living room and open the back door to let the cat in. I?m feeling really ?drunk? but not much in the way of visuals.

+1:00 I go back into the trip room and my cat comes to check it out. She is really scared of the ceiling projections and doesn?t want to join me on the couch. She goes back in the living room. I put on some John Coltrain, as the Tangerine Dream isn?t really sounding to good at the moment.

+1:05 Back into the living room. I pack a bowl and take ONE hit. A big hit. My eyes start watering and I?m coughing. After a sip of water, I lay down on my big red couch in the living room. I give the cat some catnip, which she devours.

+1:06 All of a sudden everything hits me. I feel the world turning, the carpet moving and the ceiling breathing. Coltrain is jamming from the other room. My cat is rolling around acting silly. An intense type of funky energy starts to flow through me. My eyes close half way and I am transported into Coltrain?s music. I feel that I am a black man at a disco sometime in the 60?s. I can feel the energy around me with the music and the vibe.

+1:30-2:30 I hadn?t expected this at all, Usually my trips take on a space age-mystic quality, or are rooted in the nature around me, but this one is clearly the work of John Coltrain. There is an extreme sexiness that I?m feeling and as My eyes begin to close, I am transported into another dimension, not awake and not asleep. It is like a dream world that I can guide and kindof control. Everything is like a big disco filled with the funkiest poets, jazzmen, bluesmen, etc. in history. I look at the pictures I have on my wall of Allen Ginsberg, Bob Dylan, Ken Kesey etc and invite them to join the party. I look at the other wall where there are some paintings one is of a demon dancing with a bottle. I tell him he?s not invited! The other is this little funny looking cartoon guy, he can come!

+2:30-3:30 During this time, I go back and forth from the living room to the trip room probably 25 times. Whatever vibe I?m feeling is where I go. My cat is still really freaked out at the trip room, and starts running around like crazy. I lay down to draw with the pastels as I try the tangerine dream again. The pastels seem to join to my hands like magnets. I am drawing all sorts of weird shapes on my sketch pad. Everything is completely without thought. The first pictures turns out to be Bob Dylan?s head in profile. The second is a street scene in perspective with a man walking down the sidewalk. The third is a shapely woman. The forth is a series of abstract lines with which I have the revelation that Chinese writing is directly descendent from ancient pictographs. The energy swirling around me is unbelievable. By this time my cat is jumping up on my speakers trying to get at the visuals on the ceiling. I decide to turn off the projector for a bit to please the cat. The cat leaves the room and I draw a picture of the cat with the words ?it?s cat time!?

I follow the cat into the other room and pet her for awhile. Her energy is so strong that it almost hurts to touch her. I can literally feel the electricity. I let her back outside, where I know she wants to go. I go out onto the back patio where I can hear the riotous sounds of the city swirling around me. Clouds of fog are flying by overhead glowing in the nocturnal sky. I go down the steps and hang out with my cat and his friends (the neighbor?s cats) for awhile before I go back onto the porch. This is when I discover the plants. We have a garden of sorts with a bunch of different potted plants. I take turns touching all of the plants and I can actually feel their lifeforce or energy. The buds of the flowers give off an amazing white-blue purity to the touch.

I then go back to my trip room and fire up the projector again, laying back on the couch, I am engulfed in the visuals on the ceiling. I switch the tangereen dream to some pink floyd. After a few minutes of that, I put in Hendrix, then Dylan, then some Fela Kuti afrobeat stuff. Everything sounds incredible, but I don?t want to listen to anything for more than a few minutes. I feel like I can play the instruments even though I?ve never played guitar in my life. The room is another dimension and I don?t even know where I am anymore, I am piloting an starship and the turntable is my steering wheel! I just let go and let the music and visuals take me away. This is the most intense trip of my life. Questions and answers swirl around my brain. Too much to get into in this report. Eventually I put on some of Vincent Gallo?s sorrowful instrumental music and start to mellow out and lay down to draw more. I turn off the projector and light a few candles.

I return to the living room yet again and put on some Gregorian Chant. I grab the Atlas and start looking at the pictures and maps of all of the countries of the world. I notice things that I had never seen before, and relize that they have pyramids in Cambdia just like in Egypt and Latin America.

+3:30-4:30 I am starting to come back to my normal senses and decide to venture outside into the chilly San Francisco night. It is past 2am and the bars are closed. People are making the usual Friday night ruckus all along Broadway, a half block from my place. I decide to walk up the hill away from the noise and to a garden at the top of the steps. After touching and smelling all of the wonderful plants in the garden I wonder back home and completely deconstruct my trip room. My girlfriend will be home in the morning and I don?t want to leave a trace. Everything is put away and the house is spotless (I don?t know how I did it!) and I finally crash out feeling fulfilled and focused for life ahead.

--------------------
The best things in life aren't things

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - The Coltrane Trip! - Level 4/5 [Re: urbanism]
    #1656655 - 06/23/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

urbanism said:
After running around Downtown SF after work looking for some Splungle CDs (and not finding any)

great trip report.  one thing... you may not have found any splungle, because its "Shpongle:cool: 

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Trip Report - The Coltrane Trip! - Level 4/5 [Re: Noviseer]
    #1656710 - 06/23/03 07:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Cool, you tripped with your cat!  :smile: I have 3 cats I would love to trip with.  Good report! 

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: Trip Report - The Coltrane Trip! - Level 4/5 [Re: MOTH]
    #1658363 - 06/24/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Coltrane's the man. I love listening to the song "Love" from Meditations on headphones.

--------------------
huh????

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - The Coltrane Trip! - Level 4/5 [Re: Pala]
    #1658476 - 06/24/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Giant Steps is my favorite Coltrane song, he tells such a beautiful story with solo.  I can just imagine listening to that on shrooms, what an idea.  Maybe I'd be able to understand what he was trying to say :smile:

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #1658687 - 06/24/03 02:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i couldent find any full albums of Shpongle on the internet and the big local record store didnt have them in stock either.

I just got them to order the 2 for me.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - The Coltrane Trip! - Level 4/5 [Re: Vulture]
    #1659401 - 06/24/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I found "Are You Shpongled" at Warehouse.  they didn't have Tales of the Inexpressible  though.  They would have had both albums at the old indie places but they've gone out of business due to piracy :frown:  (of which I am guilty just like everyone else)

--------------------

Offlineurbanism
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1659486 - 06/24/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, you're right, it's Shpongle... Those CDz are hard to find, they were sold out at the two places I checked downtown. So I ordered them on Amazon....ahh the internet...

--------------------

Offlineurbanism
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - The Coltrane Trip! - Level 4/5 [Re: MOTH]
    #1659488 - 06/24/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The only problem was that the cat wasn't really down for the trip. I think she just wanted to chill outside with her buds. By the way, my cat's name is (Nina) Simone...

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - The Coltrane Trip! - Level 4/5 [Re: urbanism]
    #1659497 - 06/24/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I would have loved to trip with my old cat, unfortunately he passed away before I even thought of psychedelics as anything other than horrible death drugs that turn you into a glass of orange juice, stay in your spinal cord, leak out into your brain stem and cause flashbacks, and make your brain bleed  :shocked:

--------------------

Offlinejonas

#1659735 - 06/24/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The first jazz song that I actually payed attention to was Coltrane's Blue Train. Thats one hell of a good song. We played it in jazz band and I did a solo. Its some cool shit. I love jazz now, all thanks to Coltrane.

I saw a poster of Coltrane recently in Newbury Comics (its a Massachusetts thing I think), and I wanted to buy it. Had no money ... I'll be back for it someday, someday ...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale