Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Low-dose solo experimentation * 1
    #708169 - 06/28/02 02:06 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

The last time I did mushrooms was the first time I'd done them since I went through something of a philosophical change in my life, and I related to the effects quite differently. The last two years in my life I have become more neutral, less judgemental, less reactive and have gained a greater sense of self esteem. Anyway, this last time I dropped I began to see the 'shroominess' as a meditative state I've been able to achieve only rarely by sober meditation. Complete immersion in my sensory input (you know the way shrooms do this to you). Past trips I only perceived this feeling as a form of intoxication.

Anyway, since it is a very rare occasion that I can organize a multi-person trip, I've been considering experimenting solo with small doses. Not enough to see visuals, but just to achieve that in-the-moment carefree shroomness. My last trip peaked at level two, and the time after the peak was the most beautiful, gracious state I've ever been in. I'm no expert at psychedelic drugs by any stretch, but I would like to trip like this when the rest of the household is asleep. I took a little over 2 grams last time. I was thinking I would start by ingesting a gram one night and seeing what happens.

Does anybody else do this? I've never tripped solo and certainly never in my house with my family in it, but I think if I take the necessary precautions it should be all good. Can anyone think of anything I should consider before trying this?

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Low-dose solo experimentation [Re: WhiskeyClone] * 1
    #708175 - 06/28/02 02:09 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I've tripped alone in my house while my father and older brother were asleep. Read my trip reports if you want:

Mental Metamorphosis under Level 3

and

Sacred 2nd Time under Level 4

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#708211 - 06/28/02 02:31 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have tripped solo a few times, and only once was good, the rest I found myself too bored (being stuck in my room alone) and it just was frustrating. Make sure you either have things to do or have some things you want to analyze.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Low-dose solo experimentation [Re: HB] * 1
    #708222 - 06/28/02 02:40 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That's funny... During both my solo trips I always found myself amazed and entranced with the littlest stuff... I couldn't have been bored if I had wanted to be! I was tripping kind of hard tho, so that could've been why.

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

#708227 - 06/28/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

As I have mentioned numerous times, I am a self proclaimed "low Doser"
I have gone up to 3.5 grms dry, but my usual intake is 1.5 - 2. grms
This is enough to alter reality, yet function within its confines.
I also trip alone 99% of the time, for I have no one with similar interests nearby.
1 grm is a great way to 'rediscover' some of your old music - maybe get out the crayons/pastels/ink & brush and see what happens.
The trip will last for up to 5 hours, and then the 'afterglow' for a few more - I like a bit of valium afterwards to take the edge off.
Trip in a safe, clean place. A garden, your room, are 2 nice spots. If you live with Mom/Dad, be prepared to 'run' into them, it is bound to happen. Most likley they will not know you are high on such a low dose.
Low Dosing is a great way to have a solo exp, and still get the effect of shrooms, without becoming a 'puddle'.
Enjoy
-OoD

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Low-dose solo experimentation [Re: RebelSteve33] * 1
    #708249 - 06/28/02 02:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I read your trip reports. Good ones, man. Sounds like you had an amazing time. I don't plan on Level 3ing or Level 4ing with my parents within yards of my body, but I am going to experiment with some low doses in the privacy of my bedroom at night.

Before I discovered mushrooms I used to smoke massive amounts of weed at once to 'trip out'. I wouldpick a CD (often Pink Floyd or Tool; something 'soundscapey') then I would take between three and five MASSIVE bong hoots ( ), lay in my bed naked and just let it creep up on me. The hoots all 'peak' at the same time. The first time I did this it was a harrowing, torturous experience. After about 20 minutes, my heart was pounding so hard i KNEW it was going to burst out of my chest. I simply couldn't see how a human could surive that. I was thinking of calling 911, but in my intoxication I decided I might as well just die if it was that serious. I ripped off the headphones. I kept thinking of what I would say to my perents if they found me 'overdosed' in the morning. I would have to justify my drug use and swear that I thought weed couldn't hurt you, and all this other nonsense. My mind was going way too fast. Then my muscles in my legs started to spaz. Soon my whole body was shaking so hard the bed was rattling. Then the visuals (!) started. In the dark I could see a spinning/flashing pattern covering my entire field of view. Then the whole background started to come at me (right at my fucking face with such ferocity) in what looked like red waves. Shadows in the room looked menacing and were taunting me. I was burning up. It felt like blood was running freely in my body without confining itself to vessels. I was certain that when I looked in the mirror my skin would be permanently red from the hemmoraging. I was truly terrified. I could feel all my organs and tissues sitting in their places like various types of meat stacked together.

Anyway, after 90 minutes of this I found myself thinking I might not die, and actually started enjoying how stoned I was. That's happened about six times now and the first few I still thought I was going to die. It has to be great weed to do this though.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Low-dose solo experimentation [Re: HB] * 1
    #708259 - 06/28/02 02:59 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"I have tripped solo a few times, and only once was good, the rest I found myself too bored (being stuck in my room alone) and it just was frustrating. Make sure you either have things to do or have some things you want to analyze. "

I am never ever bored on mushrooms. I could listen to music for hours or just play with shit or start drawing. Reading even. Honest to god, reading!

--------------------

InvisibleshroomGod420
Loc: Southern U.S.
    #708284 - 06/28/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have tripped way to many times on acid an shrooms. still i will eat mushies agian because they haven't lost that nice spiritual feeling. Anyway the only times i have dosed alone was on high or very high doses. My whole thought on that is if your going to be goin nuts trippin balls then you should be by yourself , reason being i was trippin one time on 10 grams dried an just could not focus around people i had to sit outside my friends house by myself with the craziest mind fuck an visuals. thats was the only way i enjoyed an learned from the trip an also the only way i felt better..
so in my opinion if your not to experienced then trip on a low dose by yourself with some good tunes an green an you should be fine. On one thought if anything ever gets to intense just keep thinking this is all over in a few hours. that always helps to calm me down at least when ever iam tripping solo an trip out to hard.

--------------------
"Maui Waui x Labrador"
"this is some heavy shit man!!!!" Cheech N Chong

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
Re: Low-dose solo experimentation [Re: shroomGod420] * 1
    #710010 - 06/29/02 12:00 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

shroomGod420 hit the nail on the head with his (her?) post...I'm the exact same way when it comes to heavy doses. Sure I like hanging out with people when I'm shroomin just for the fun of it, but when I'm planning on doing anything past the 3rd plateau I don't think I could even acknowledge other people, yet alone interact with them. I become so immersed in my own thoughts that I completely shut off the rest of the world. So for me, I'm always alone when I'm taking larger doses.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Post deleted by Anno [Re: WhiskeyClone] * 1
    #711668 - 06/29/02 05:41 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Anonymous

Re: Low-dose solo experimentation [Re: ] * 1
    #711909 - 06/29/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, you wanna make SURE you already took a dump BEFORE you do shrooms,
My brother has some horror stories....

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Low-dose solo experimentation [Re: Anonymous] * 1
    #712218 - 06/29/02 08:55 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Care to share some of those horror stories? Enlighten us.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies