Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
Loc: ShowMeState
Milky liquid mycelium
    #898930 - 09/22/02 08:50 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have some plain extra light spraymalt extract for a liquid mycelium tek. I started with four 1/2 pints.Each received 100 MLs drinking water, plus,a little under a teaspoon of the malt extract.Then i covered all with foil.I had my pc. already boiling,so i put all 4 in
and put the lid on.I waited 5 minutes,a nice head of steam was kickin.Then i screwed the stopper on and waited about 25 min.All four came out much darker,and they had a snowglobe look when they were moved.I then took 3 of the jars and put a few spawn grains in all 3.I left the 4th jar alone for a control.Well next i put them on my shelf.After 2 or 3 days all 3 started to form mycelium i think.After 3 more days only 1 looked milky,even when they were not moved.So what i need to know is how milky does the liquid get?And when they are settled down does the whole jar still look really thick?I've never had luck with liquid mycelium,and i've never seen a jar look so thick and milky.I hope this is it because i will finally know what to look for.Sorry no pictures yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilosShaman
Strange Famous

Loc: Arkansas...man I love thi...
Re: Milky liquid mycelium [Re: Starspawn]
    #899164 - 09/22/02 11:43 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I do know a couple of things about the liquid mycelium tek. I have found that if I use to high of a heat then the sugars in the malt yeast seem to carmalize thus rendering the mixture useless. When the mycelium growth started in my jars it did not appear to be white. This is because you are looking through a golden liquid while viewing the mycelium. Mine always seems to appear as a sediment in the bottom of the jars at first, then it starts to thicken up and form small chunks. You have to be sure to swirl the liquid in each jar a couple of times a day so that you break up the mycelium growth and hopefully excelerate. Oh yeah when you put the jars in th PC the first time they should come out a rich golden color....you dont want a dark brown color to the bottles. Hope this helped a little.

OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
Re: Milky liquid mycelium [Re: PsilosShaman]
    #900244 - 09/22/02 08:44 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Does mycelium float,or just contamination?And does the whole jar get cloudy or just the bottom when it settles?I guess the best way is to find out is to take action.I will update this post when i find out.Thanks to PsilosShamn for the post.

OfflinePsilosShaman
Strange Famous

Loc: Arkansas...man I love thi...
    #900610 - 09/22/02 11:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The mycelium will usually look like cloudy built up sediment and will appear to have movement to it almost like an air current...or maybe as if you had disolved a tablet in the liquid like an aspirin or something. Hope you follow me here. Sorry I know I did not answer alot of your questions. I am not experienced enough to give a valid and truthful answer. I just wanted to give you my experience through the trials that I have had. I wish you the best of luck, update me on anything that you find.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #900629 - 09/22/02 11:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
Re: Milky liquid mycelium [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #903794 - 09/24/02 04:15 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Wow!,thats a nice picture.The bottom looks clear,does it always come out so clear?I'm going to put way less malt in a new one and try the microwave.I'm also going to try honey.I guess anything in the jar before inoculation is bad?Should they always be so clear?Thanks for the help.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #904992 - 09/24/02 03:01 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'm using light corn syrup.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
    #911486 - 09/27/02 02:40 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I know what has been wrong,to much sugar in the water.This time i used 1/2 a tea. of malt extract in a 1/2 pint instead of 1 tea.Then i microwaved them for 5 min.I used mycelium,a G2G just to make sure it would work.I put h2o2 before the mycelium was put in also.Starting from spores seems more difficult.How long does it take mycelium to break down all of the h2o2?Is this why liquid mycelium goes bad so quick?It does'nt really matter because i use mine right away.I really would just stick to G2G transfers but the liquid mycelium works so fast and so good that it's worth whatever it takes.

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
    #911505 - 09/27/02 02:52 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My liquid culture lasted for 6 months
I threw it out because I thought it was useless, what a mistake that was.
The damn syringe I made colonised a jar in 6 days after innoculation.
I personally think it`s worth rather colonising some honey water or malt water and then using that.
It seems to allow a strengthened myceliul network to colonise the substrate.
Spore water in my opinion is to chancy.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: Milky liquid mycelium [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #911508 - 09/27/02 02:53 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I agree. My liquid cultures last forever. I have never had one go bad on me yet! Also, it's just plain faster than spores..

--------------------

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
    #911520 - 09/27/02 03:04 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

aint that the truth.
I`ve had enough of waiting for a jar to start colonising and then going off.
No more.

OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
Re: Milky liquid mycelium [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #911887 - 09/27/02 09:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Six months! For some reason i thought i've read that honey water goes bad in a week,but once again experience is triumphant over scholastics,and shit talk.Can mycelium go from honey to bulk? I know straw is not nutritious enough without a good nitrogen source,but a nutritious casing like worm castings would boost it up,then case with one of the standards.I always use lots of spawn,atleast 50/50 spawn to straw/dung.I've seen most of the different teks on bulk and one of the things in common is not to be stingy with the spawn.Liquid mycelium grows so fast and would be distributed throughout a bag of straw,with a few holes the liquid would drain out,but the straw would hold the mycelium.Would the mycelium be ready to digest straw? I know the liquid has simple sugars in it that are easy to digest,but could it handle bulk substrate so early?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures