Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLost_Prophet
Mr Red Eye
Loc: Another astral plain
Just a quick question
    #897903 - 09/21/02 05:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hi there evryone :smile:
Just wanted to say that I have been reading this forum for quite a while now and have found it extremely informative and helpful. Well I have finally taken the path of growing my own shrooms and seeking greater enlightenment and have just a few questions.
Firstly, I have prepared a number of test batches of substrate in my pressure cooker, (I decided to do the brown rice cake method as it is recommended for beginners) and after allowing them to cool over night, there are tiny water droplets on the inside of my containers. Is this normal? Can I still innoculate the glasses if this happens? Also some of the substrate appears to have gone a little mushy and stuck to the sides of my containers, again is this normal or have I over pressure cooked my glasses of substrate?
Cheers in advance, and sorry if these are stupid questions.
A very excited Englishman :grin: 

--------------------
Right, who's buying the next round?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Just a quick question [Re: Lost_Prophet]
    #897919 - 09/21/02 05:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The mushy ones sound too wet. You may have added too much water to the mix. I wouldn't worry too much about the ones that just have a drop here or there.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: Just a quick question [Re: Lost_Prophet]
    #898029 - 09/21/02 06:03 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

>> have I over pressure cooked my glasses of substrate?

if you still have water in them, it soundz to me that either the water content was not correct [too much water on the mixing] or you didnt pc them enough.

my opinion

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Just a quick question [Re: kykeon]
    #898217 - 09/21/02 07:26 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes you can innoculate them, yes they are fine. What you will find is those water drops will all but disappear in a few days anyway. You do not have to wait for this to happen before innoculating. Depending on the jar type and everything sometimes condensation on the sides happens a fair bit.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags