Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
trying lsd for first time
    #894343 - 09/19/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've decided to finally do acid. I'm probably going to be doing it next weekend. I've done shrooms 3 times now. i've taken 4 and 5 gram trips(they are pretty good mushies too). I was supposed to do more shrooms next weekend, but i kind of want to try acid. But i have some questions?
like, how much should i do for a pretty good experience? Is it comparable to mush(feelings and all that)? Will i be able to do the same things...like, i like to watch movies on mush...will i be able to do that on acid? and do you still have a feeling of 'control' while on acid? because i do when taking shrooms. Right now i have a feeling it will be exactly like a shroom trip only the visualizations are gonna be way more 'fucked up'.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: trying lsd for first time [Re: juicemonkey]
    #894377 - 09/19/02 07:07 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Mushrooms and acid are different trips altogether. Mushrooms are more of a sedative to me, and the visual patterns are different. Acid also tends to make my muscles tense up, and lasts much longer than mushrooms -- 12 hours vs. 5 hours.

If it's your first time tripping on acid, but you've taken 5g mushroom trips, I recommend you take 2-3 hits for a good acid experience.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: trying lsd for first time [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #894411 - 09/19/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

k thanks. But...can you still have control? i'm pretty good at steering away from 'potential' bad trips. is it the same kind of idea? Is it easy to not have a bad trip or stop a bad trip?(if you know how to though i guess)

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #894412 - 09/19/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It's like mushrooms in that respect IMHO.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: juicemonkey]
    #895921 - 09/20/02 01:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: trying lsd for first time [Re: ]
    #895950 - 09/20/02 01:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

mail me some dammit

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #898560 - 09/21/02 10:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

check out my thread about my first lsd experience (which was just last month).. it contains various questions and answers about LSD and a detailed trip report of my experience:
LSD: Things to Consider
have fun! :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: trying lsd for first time [Re: geokills]
    #898647 - 09/21/02 11:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well, everything got moved up a week. last night, me and two friends had a place to ourselves and money. we ALL bought two hits each. And i found out through very trusted friends...the person we got it off of, sells VERY good acid. all these big 'acid heads' i know were warning me to just take one hit at first and then if i want...take the other later.
Well, we got back to the place and at around 7:30pm. I took my first hit. my other two friends were nervous, but after a few minutes they finally took their hits.
Right afterwards we went and smoked a couple joints. Then we started listening to some pink floyd and played some ps2. Then after about 15 mintues of that me and my ONE friend went and smoked another big joint.
30 minutes later i didn't feel much so i just decided to take the other hit. my friends did also(by this time they were pretty messed). then right after, me and my one friend went and smoked two roaches. Then we watched monsters inc and afterwards, went outside and walked to the store. When we got back, we watched pink floyd : the wall and for the remainder of the night, i smoked pot almost every half an hour until i went to sleep(by myself, since my friends were too messed). We had to turn the pink floyd movie off cause my one friend couldn't handle it. it was pretty fucked up though i have to say. it was messing me up that's for sure(was very enjoyable though).

So all in all...i have to say.....i'm kinda dissapointed. my friends aren't though...they saw lots of stuff, and experienced lots. I still felt 'sort' of sober(well i also felt really really really stoned). i could feel the lsd a little though still. But it wasn't anything great. you know, certain things would just kinda catch my attention and i'd give it a second glance...but as soon as i did that, it(the thing that caught my attention) was gone. It was really fun watching the movies though. that was probably the only 'really' cool thing to me.

so what happened? did i not do enough or what? maybe my body just needs more. i dunno

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #898658 - 09/21/02 11:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i'd recommend for you to up your dose by one hit, as well as delaying your smokage of the marijuana until your peak or after the peak - that way, you can truely appreciate the effects of the lsd. check out my post, i think it may give you some insight. i had a wonderful trip off of 2.5 hits of blotter (don't kno if it was good or not, due to it being my first time).

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #898832 - 09/22/02 05:58 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Smoking pot before the peak tends to cloud the experience. That's probably what happened. Next time just do the tabs by themselves, to get the feel for tripping without anything else. That way you'll know whether or not it's the acid that's making you see this, or feel that, instead of wondering "is that the weed or the acid?" When you take it, if nothing happens after 30 mins, wait up to an hour, since sometimes it kicks in a little late, and if you take more then realise the trip is coming on really strong plus you have another tab on the way...it could get a little freaky.
Sorry to hear you were dissapointed. Perhaps next time will be a blast off!  :smirk: 

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #898924 - 09/22/02 08:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Fasting prior to tripping helps. You can also hold the tab under your tongue for faster absorption. If you do increase the dose, only do so gradually. Wait 2 weeks before trying again.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineAcidbear
psychonaut
    #898998 - 09/22/02 09:50 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No matter what the reason for the non-trip, don't let this experience turn you off to good old LSD. A real LSD trip is like NOTHING you've ever done before, so keep trying to find some good stuff. There are a few reasons why the hits might not have worked. It could have been nad or fake acid (although your friends tripped, so its probably not the case.) Perhaps the hits you got did not have a sufficient amount on it. Alot of people drop LSD onto stuff with a dropper, so maybe your hits were not dosed at all for some reason. Anyways, you'll definitley know it when you break through the fake reality we all share into the cosmic space of your own inner consciousness!! Good luck in your acid hunting, keep trying!

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: trying lsd for first time [Re: Acidbear]
    #899108 - 09/22/02 11:00 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yeah man, the acid isn't bunk or anything. I know a lot of good friends and stuff...and all of them say the acid is good stuff. this guy has a good reputation.

and i did feel some effect still. i'm not saying that there was no effect at all. there wasn't a 'big' difference or anything. but i could still feel it though.
honestly though, i did have a lot of 'thoughts' and shit while on it. and i still am. to an extent...i don't like the after feeling of doing lsd. whatever i'm feeling(it's nothing bad really...but i can't really explain it)...will it go away?

fortunetly for me, i don't have to 'hunt' for acid. it's available to me whenever i want. i'm not sure if this is too expensive, but it cost me 5 dollars a hit(canadian). better than not having ANY acid to buy though. i think i'm gonna wait a month or two and try it again. this time i'm gonna try 3 hits i think. should i do them all at once...or at different times?

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #900929 - 09/23/02 03:40 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The after feeling will dissapear. It's basically just a "hangover", if you can call it that. Other times you'll feel a wonderful afterglow for days! Other times you may feel a little depressed or sad. But in most cases it doesn't last for more than a few days, so don't worry about it.
I just had a thought. When was the last time you took shrooms? There may be a slight cross tolerance. Some people have a massive tolerance to acid (like me). If I take the same amount of acid 2 weeks later, I can still feel a diminished effect and it simply isn't as mindblowing as the previous trip.
Sounds good; wait a month or so, then dose again.Just pick how many you're doing, and then take them all AT THE SAME TIME. There's no need to take one every 30 mins, just pick a dosage and then ingest at the same time. However, you may want to try just 2 tabs again, simply because this time it could work really well, and it's a bit nasty to take TOO much. But, it's up to you.
Oh, another thought. If you're going to smoke pot on the trip, WAIT until you're at the height of your peak. Or wait for the comedown. Either way, wait for the acid to do it's magic first, and then when you know you're tripping, break out the smoke.
:smile: 

OfflineAcidbear
psychonaut
    #901120 - 09/23/02 05:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe the hits were only 30 or so micrograms apiece. If that was the case, you would just be getting the threshold effects of LSD and probably no visuals. Also, body weight is a factor in how many hits you need to get off. $5 a hit isnt bad at all, thats pretty much standard where Im at, at least when it used to be around here. I do know people who say they never get visuals off acid but only on shrooms. I dont know if they take low doses or what. I used to take anywhere from 250-650 mics at a time and my mind would be blown!! I would reccomend anywhere over 250 mics for a first time. Even that may be a bit too much.

OfflineAcidbear
psychonaut
    #901123 - 09/23/02 05:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I meant I would'NT reccomend anything over 250 mics first time.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #901741 - 09/23/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

alright. thanks for the info. Yeah, i haven't done shrooms for awhile(beginning of august). Yeah, in a month or so i'm gonna just do 2 hits all at once. and i'm not gonna smoke up until i'm coming down. I'm pretty positive i'll have a really good experience.

haha yeah, i wouldn't even think about doing over that amount for a first time(250 mics).

just something i thought i'd mention : The guy i bought the acid from, had put southpark characters on it. haha it was sweet. i had kenny.

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #901806 - 09/23/02 01:17 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

and i did feel some effect still. i'm not saying that there was no effect at all. there wasn't a 'big' difference or anything. but i could still feel it though.

I'm sorry, but I feel that you didn't eat any LSD. Two hits of real LSD will make a 'big' difference. Also, don't listen to anyone stating that the effects of LSD will be clouded by the marijuana. This is simply untrue. Once the LSD kicks in, there will be no doubt as to what you ingested, and it should be so powerful that it will easily overtake the weed buzz.

--------------------

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #901901 - 09/23/02 02:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sorry, but i know i ate acid. My two friends ate the same stuff and the same amount...and they were messed. they had a great time. I had a good time too. and yes, i felt the effects still. But it was nothing overwhelming(like when i did 5 grams of shrooms). I agree...i should of felt more. I took two hits within a hour or hour and a half. So i don't know what's with that. Maybe i just have more of a tolerance to lsd. or maybe i DID smoke to much pot and it clouded the experience. I still was on acid though. no doubt about that. Shadows were different and shit. i saw some little trees outside sort of pixalate or whatever...but it was only at first glance. Watching the movies was cool. Like i'm saying, it wasn't anything 'overwhelming' though. it WASN'T a big difference. It was almost like a level 1 trip.

--------------------

Edited by juicemonkey (09/23/02 02:16 PM)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #901924 - 09/23/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If that was the case, the acid was very weak and taking the two hits in a staggered fashion would have made a difference as well.  Sounds like a threshold dose at best.  Next time, if you really want to tweak, eat five hits all at once, and don't worry about marijuana clouding the experience -- one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.. :wink:

Peace 

--------------------

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #901990 - 09/23/02 03:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

that's the thing though...it's not weak acid. i know that for a fact, because many trusted friends have told me this(these are people that use this stuff every week). i agree....after 5 hits(even 3 or 4)...there is no chance of marijuana clouding the experience. There is also no chance in hell i'd take five though. the dealer tells(warns) everyone, not to take more than a quad.
But hey, maybe it was me who made my hits weaker. Are you supposed to touch them or anything? does that take anything off the blotter? i put each in my mouth for like 15-20 mintues. i figured that is good enough. i'm no expert on takin cid though.

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #901997 - 09/23/02 03:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

15-20 minutes in your mouth is more than enough time, and handling the hits never really caused any decreased potency in my experience. If it wasn't weak acid, you should have felt much, much more. It should have been quite the visual experience with a relatively intense body load. There would be no mistake. Next time, when you actually get to dose, you'll know what I'm talking about. I have a feeling that you were feeling the weed coupled with a placebo effect possibly caused by your anticipation of the experience.

Peace

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies