Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTime
Acid Fan
Loc: Minnesota
Talking a friend into doing LSD
    #2265783 - 01/23/04 12:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Alright, here's the deal. I got a friend, Zelda, who smoke a shit load of weed. He also drinks a lot, and has done adderal/dexedrine a few times. He tends to stay away from anything other than pot and alcohol though, but was considering doing shrooms. I started telling him about how, IMO, LSD is cheaper, better, and it is all I have right now. Shrooms are only findable here in the summer.

Let me tell you a little bit about Zelda.. He is a pretty strong minded person. I'm quite sure he won't freak out. When I first mentioned us tripping on acid, he was like HELL NO! But after a while, I convinced him that it is not as bad as he thinks. I told him lots of good info. He said that he didn't want doors to open in his head that will never close again. I assured him that it is unlikely to happen from one hit of my LSD.

I sold to his best friend about a month ago, and he loved it. I thought he was just tryin to get fucked up (he was), but he saw how important LSD is and how it can be used as a tool. Together, me and him have started to talk Zelda into tripping. Zelda listens to rap, but does not have anything against Pink Floyd, therefore I am going to play Dark Side of the Moon about two hours into the trip. Think he would like that? Anyone here have experience with that?

I am also printing him a bunch of trip reports from erowid (both good and bad). I also printed him the psychadelic experience faq, because I think it is a great read.

So basically, here's my questions-

Anyone here like rap, but listen to Pink Floyd when they were tripping and think "holy shit, they rock"?

Do you think it was wrong of me to try to influence him to take LSD?

Thanks for takin the time to read!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Talking a friend into doing LSD [Re: Time]
    #2265808 - 01/23/04 12:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Open his mind. He'll thank you later.

OfflinePaquemahn
Paquemahn
Loc: floating cannabis island
    #2265833 - 01/23/04 01:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Just be sure not to give him too much. I did acid once and loved it..never was able to find anymore.. He will thank you.

--------------------
non-corporis being

OfflineTime
Acid Fan
Re: Talking a friend into doing LSD [Re: Paquemahn]
    #2265838 - 01/23/04 01:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I sure hope he likes it.. Our other friend that I sold it to called me the next day to thank me. I would feel horrible if he finally gave in and had a horrible experience, but like I said, I'm only pushing it because I know he will find it to be incredible...

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2265840 - 01/23/04 01:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

since he is hesitant about it, make sure that he is fully informed on the physical safety of LSD

that way he wont get scared and think he's dying or something.

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2265843 - 01/23/04 01:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Do you think it was wrong of me to try to influence him to take LSD?"

Well since he has no experience with any hallucinogen, take into consideration if he has a bad trip he most likely wont like Shrooms, LSD or what ever after. I would try to start him out with a light dose of mushrooms and work his way up to LSD. Acid can be an intense trip for some people. Also I don't think pressuring him into doing something he isn't ready for is very good at all. Try and help him gain more knowledge about hallucinogens so he can be more open minded. Thats my opinion on the subject though....oh yea if you do get him to try LSD he will most likely like Pink Floyd if not have him listin to his music he'll love it even more.

OfflineTime
Acid Fan
Re: Talking a friend into doing LSD [Re: Osker246]
    #2265880 - 01/23/04 01:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Osker246 said:
Well since he has no experience with any hallucinogen, take into consideration if he has a bad trip he most likely wont like Shrooms, LSD or what ever after. I would try to start him out with a light dose of mushrooms and work his way up to LSD. Acid can be an intense trip for some people. Also I don't think pressuring him into doing something he isn't ready for is very good at all. Try and help him gain more knowledge about hallucinogens so he can be more open minded. Thats my opinion on the subject though....oh yea if you do get him to try LSD he will most likely like Pink Floyd if not have him listin to his music he'll love it even more.

Shrooms are hard to find around here, and I think that acid is a more "up" trip. I find it to be more positive anyways (not that shrooms are negative for me). I'm definitely informing him about LSD, and it's not like I'm saying take acid or I won't be your friend. The more I tell him about it, the more he is starting to come around. Also, I doubt (of course, not 100% positive) that one hit will not be TOO intense, but I think for the first trip, you gotta have some intensity so you actually get a feel for the psychadelic experience..

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2265890 - 01/23/04 01:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yea having a bad trip from one hit would be pretty strange but still remember everybody reacts diffrent to certain substances. Your lucky to man I can find shrooms around my area with no trouble, its the acid I always have trouble finding.

OfflineTime
Acid Fan
Re: Talking a friend into doing LSD [Re: Osker246]
    #2265899 - 01/23/04 01:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Heh, ya both are very hard for me to find.. around halloween, acid just exploded here in minnesota and now I have a ten strip saved up for the summer.  I would eat it now but summer is the best time to trip, and I wont be able to find any in the summer.. took me 8 months to find the acid I got :smile:

And yes, I realize everyone reacts differently to different substances, that is why it will be in a very safe environment with stuff for all three of us to do (me, zelda, and our other friend that i sold to).  I'm confident in my abilities to talk one down, but i know a bad trip can happen to everyone.. we are all taking a risk when we use psychadelics, aren't we?

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
    #2266046 - 01/23/04 02:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My first trip scared the fuck out of me and it was, in fact, LSD.

Quote:

He said that he didn't want doors to open in his head that will never close again. I assured him that it is unlikely to happen from one hit of my LSD.

I dont completely agree with your statement.

Also, I would never underestimate the impact of someone's 1st LSD experience on their life. As many of you are aware, your 1st time on LSD gives you a perspective on the world that you have never seen and you will never forget. To me, this is the opening of the mind. His fear is that he will have some alternation in perception for the rest of his life. The answer is No and you should explain to him that no matter how fucked up he feels or how bad things MAY seem- he will eventually come down.

Also, make sure your friend is happy with himself and in a good frame of mind. Is he depressed? Does he have any anxiety? Any health issues? Are there any significant things going on in his life that would affect his trip?

These are questions you need to be asking because I would assume that your friends well-being is in your best interest. Not trying to convince him to do something against his will just to get him fucked up and laugh at him while he thinks he's sinking into the floor or w/e.

My 1st lsd trip- i thought i was gone forever. 4 gels will do that to you tho. :wink: :smirk:

I think that LSD isnt for everyone and for those that can embrace it, appreciate it, and not abuse it are truly benifitting from the experience.

Hope your friend has a wonderful and insightful journey.

happy tripping

-t-

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
    #2266081 - 01/23/04 02:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

also, I like rap music and I love floyd as well. Psychadelic music such as floyd enhances the experience regardless. You can't stop the effects of the drug but you surely can enhance it.

If he is having trouble handling the effects- enhancement is a no no and will most likely make the experience more confusing. Its probably a good idea to have a sober person around.

Invisiblefearfect
Re: Talking a friend into doing LSD [Re: Twista]
    #2266679 - 01/23/04 06:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

my opinion is to tell him about it in a VERY unpressuring way (sorry for lack of a better word). If he has any doubt going into it it would surly surface. I have had a friend who went fucking crazy on the same stuff that we were all taking.... i guess he felt pressured into it. And it ended up ruining alot of friendships.

Educate him but do not offer it to him or try to push it on to him. Wait for him to ask for it himself.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2266745 - 01/23/04 06:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

He said that he didn't want doors to open in his head that will never close again. I assured him that it is unlikely to happen from one hit of my LSD.

I really dissagree with this statement. I think 1 hit of acid is very likely to open doors, but most of us like it. :biggrin:

--------------------

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Talking a friend into doing LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2266900 - 01/23/04 08:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Time said:
Let me tell you a little bit about Zelda..  He is a pretty strong minded person.  I'm quite sure he won't freak out. He said that he didn't want doors to open in his head that will never close again.  I assured him that it is unlikely to happen from one hit of my LSD.

Tripping puts you in a very different state of mind. He might not be the same strong minded person that cant freak out...in fact alot of people say that if you have a strong ego and your concrete idea of reality is falling appart it can have a bad effect. Even on 1 hit. And doors might open that cant be closed, as can in any new experence.

All in all it probably is wrong but I do it too and think its fair since if it wasn't for the government influencing him not to do it he might have, and they stole the tripping experience from many lives due to there lies. Besides, most likely everything will go great anyways and he'll probably like it.

Quote:

Time said:
Zelda listens to rap, but does not have anything against Pink Floyd, therefore I am going to play Dark Side of the Moon about two hours into the trip.  Think he would like that?  Anyone here have experience with that?

Anyone here like rap, but listen to Pink Floyd when they were tripping and think "holy shit, they rock"?

You're different while tripping, the music you usually like you might not while tripping (especially rap). And new music (especially pink floyd) might sound awsome. Either way if he doesn't mind it normally there should be no question about it. In a worst case senerio he'll say he doesn't like it and you put on a new CD. :wink:

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
since he is hesitant about it, make sure that he is fully informed on the physical safety of LSD

Quote:

Time said:
When I first mentioned us tripping on acid, he was like HELL NO!  But after a while, I convinced him that it is not as bad as he thinks. 

:crazy:

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2267045 - 01/23/04 10:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I listen to rap, but I love floyd. In fact the last time I tripped was the first time I listened to floyd on mush, dark side of the moon. It was the best thing ever!

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2267411 - 01/24/04 01:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Jesus, folks - he already said he's not pressuring the guy.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Talking a friend into doing LSD [Re: diablovt1125]
    #2268528 - 01/24/04 03:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

play "Animals" by floyd.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order