Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
Perlite problem, or just bad luck
    #886529 - 09/16/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Today was almost a total wipe out. Everything that contained perlite was contaminated. I cant really understand why, I used a 90-10 mix of H2O and H2O2 with it and its only been a week since I loaded my tubs up with it. Now if it was 1 tub, I would think bad hygene was to blame, but damn my 2 tubs and the little container I use in my incubator all had either green or cobweb. The 3 casings I had 2 of them showed green and 1 had cobweb. Three of the six cakes I had to occupy the extra room in one terraium had green.
So I spent a little over three hours cleaning everything, and my grow room, bleaching, lysol, the whole nine yards.
In my last 6 months of cultivating I never had a single issue, and wham. Oh well, I guess I was due. Plus the perlite had the funkiest odor, the strongest and most notable being sulfur.
I noticed some purple color in my rye quart jars, and cant decide if its contaminated or not, so I shook the questionable ones and one out of three had the wonderful mushroom scent, the others did not smell like anything other than rye berries. The rest I am hoping will be allright, everything else goes outside.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Drummer]
    #886574 - 09/16/02 06:27 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineXiC_clone
Calls Shots 'Round Here
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth 25XX
Re: Perlite problem, or just bad luck [Re: Drummer]
    #886576 - 09/16/02 06:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I only had contam 1 time in my terr.
It was hot, and I was putting ice cubes that were poland spring and a drop of H2O2 each. After a few days, my caseings got green contam.
I scrapped em as soon as I saw it.
I was guessing it was the cubes I was putting in, I figured it was the H2O2 haveing some adverse affect w/ the perlite.

Also, I was getting pre-mature aborting on my pins due to misting w/ H20 & H2O2.
I have since stopped useing H2O2 all together, and have had nothing but results.

This might not help you that much, but lean from EXP. H2O2 brought me more problems than helped. The only time I use it now is for the incubation chamber.

-XiC

--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract