Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Hip's Perlite Humidification Tek [Re: loathe]
    #15295 - 05/04/00 11:30 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

1. i'm not gonna click your link so you wasted that one on me.
2. i really don't care what you think.

anyway, the biggest reason you folks are not seeing good results without additional standing/stagnant water is because of insufficient depth of perlite.
i see ppl talking about a half inch or so.
2 inches is about minimum without standing water, three inches better yet.
but 2-3 inches of damp perlite WILL, without additional water, humidify a terrarium for weeks on end.
that is a fact, like it, accept it or not.
whatever.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #15296 - 05/05/00 02:45 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

OK, jesus, you people need to grow the fuck up! I would really expect a whole hell of a lot more from an administrator here. I don't get too pissy at the kids here that aren't effective communicators, but I think that if a moderator wants to ridicule a member and choose sides, he should have a separate account for doing that. Now perlite,

1. Location location location. Standing water is a bad idea. Depending on you ambient humidity you can get away with it or not, but it is not desirable. Also about the sealed terrerium, it depends on ambient humidity and temp. Humidity varries alot depending on geographic location and season. Just cuz you get a few rounds under your belt in the spring doesn't mean the same will work in winter.

2. Yes the temp thing is true

3. yes more surface area is good

Hip and link both, I think more credit is given to hippie for the DD than is neccessary. He sure as hell didn't start any site (that was ben). Much less a shroomery wannabe site. I frequent that site cuz for the most part the issues are faced without an attitude that is prevalent here (eg, this thread). Focus on the issues, perlite. Hippie was trying to provide info for beginners which seems to be the shroomery's forte. He took the time to share his experience. Thank-you for your effort hippie!

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#15297 - 05/05/00 03:18 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

you may have grown alot of mushrooms hippie but there's no need to brag and show off about it. and this is not your tek so you shouldn't put your ownage on it. the way you're doing this tek is not good and i have to agree with link and the others, standing water is there for a reason. and to tell you the truth nobody really cares if you have your name on some fanaticus.com ok, you loser. grow up!! don't make everyone hate you

Anonymous

#15298 - 05/05/00 03:22 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

why go through the deal of buying more perlite? when you can just add a bit more water.

Anonymous

#15299 - 05/05/00 03:37 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Lots of things work okay with cubies, they are pretty forgiving. A couple opinions on stuph posted here:

Perlite humidifies too well if you aren't careful. Casings need about 85% rH. Perlite can provide 100% in some situations. Cause fatass-ism and wet spot if you don't watch it.

2-3 inches of damp perlite WILL, without additional water, humidify a terrarium for weeks on end This is indicative of a poor set up without enough air exchange. Cubies will survive and fruit in such a stagnant setup, but not much else will. Shrooms need air exchange, and air exchange carries away moisture. There isn't enough moisture in damp perlite to allow for adequate air exchange without drying out in a few days.

Perlite is useful, but to really do it right takes some fiddling. It won't matter much to cubensis but a stagnant, overly humid setup will really stifle an attempt at other more finicky species. It is necessary to balance air exchange, perlite surface area, and ambient rH.

If you really want to know where the perlite idea came from (if it matters), it originated in the lycaeum mushroom forum about 4 years ago. Long before ADM existed, before the shroomery existed. It was a brainstorm of about three members there.

And mycofile: I respect your opinion on alot of things, but your Drool Donkey comments are way out there. There are at least as many, probably more "issues" per capita at DD as anywhere else. I hope DD thrives. I don't think it serves much purpose for a couple of its moderators to be promoting & making negative comparisons to the shroomery, particularly obviously untrue ones. Just my $.02

[This message has been edited by Doktor Dung (edited May 05, 2000).]

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#15300 - 05/05/00 04:45 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

mycofile is the only one grasping the central point of my argument--
the fact that it is the stagnant water which is the primary source of contamination in the terrarium.
that simple fact is why you all keep having to add peroxide to the perlite.
but peroxide breaks down quickly and is not 100% effective.
so if you want to lower contamination rates,
get rid of the stagnant water and just use damp perlite alone.
oh, dr. dung,
it was the admin here who negatively characterized DD before anyone tried to defame the shroomery.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

#15301 - 05/05/00 04:55 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Die thread, Die!!!!!

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-
"Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway."

Anonymous

#15302 - 05/05/00 09:29 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Hippie,
You have been cutting down the shroomery scince long before DD even existed. And I never noticed any 'attitude' on this board until you came along.

A little standing water with the perlite sounds sensible to me.

------------------
Visit the Spore Lab at: http://www.sunshine.net/www/1700/sn1730
It's a trip you'll never forget!

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #15303 - 05/05/00 11:59 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

mycofile, you're right, i should have handled it in a bit more mature manner. i apologize for that. but, if i have a problem with someone, i'm not going to register another nick for it. i have nothing to hide. i don't care if i'm a moderator, i still get annoyed/angry at people. i try to not let it show, but sometimes it comes through. i'm human, it happens. bu again, i apologize - to everyone that had to listen, but especially to hippie. hippie, we obviously don't get along to great, but i do respect you as a grower, and i appreciate you writing out a tek, even if i don't agree with it. but, i AM going to try it, sometime, when i get a chance. i just can't see perlite lasting long without standing water. but, hopefully i'll be surprised, because i agree with you that standing water isn't a good thing. i'll let everyone know how it works.

peace,
Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Anonymous

#15304 - 05/05/00 02:34 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Hey hippie.

I checked out drooldonkey.org Ya'll should have named it shroomeryII.org

------------------
constantly being hurled into tomorrow, sometimes before i can even appreciate today

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#15305 - 05/05/00 04:38 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

well, then, i guess you're another moron who thinks that the shroomery invented the Universal Bulletin Board used here.
because that's about all we have in common.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #15306 - 05/05/00 05:45 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

OK people, if you are going to post, can't you at least have some part of your reply dealing with the issue of cultivation!

Yes air exchange is another factor to keep in mind. People need to remember that everybody's situation is different!

But I think the doktor is mistaken when he says cubes will grow in a stagnant env. but not much else will. I know you mean higher fungus, but lets not forget that all the major contams REQUIRE a stagnant env. to grow. So if you need standing water because of YOUR specifics (air exchange, humidity, temp etc), it may be a necessary evil.

Link, good job! Warm fuzzies and stuff to ya.

Dok, I certainly won't bash the shroomery, ever. I was am and will always be a shroomerite! Per capita issues at DD, perhaps. But one thing is for sure: They don't happen in my forums (experimentation or spirituality). And pretty rarely in the cultivation forum since mycomountain took over. I've never promoted one site over the other. I say nice things about each community to each community. I do like certain things about each one over the other, but certainly have no fav. My comments certainly weren't untrue, but neither were they negative. (at least not in spirit)

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#15307 - 05/05/00 06:00 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #15308 - 05/06/00 01:07 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

psilocyber, nope. i haven't noticed any negative effects to it. lowers humidity and helps with air exchange, that's about all.

Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

InvisibleBaldCuban
scruffy-looking
 User Gallery

Loc: here, there, everywhere
    #15309 - 05/06/00 04:02 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

BaldCuban's Be Nice to Other People Tek:

1. Be nice to others.

2. Respect others and their opinions.

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2.

Usually this tek is taught in kindergarden. I have broken it down into a clear, easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedure. Hopefully everyone will find it to be usefull in all aspects of human interaction, as well as here at the Shroomery.

------------------
Baldy

Anonymous

#15310 - 05/06/00 08:01 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

You should have posted that on adm two years when hippie first started making enemies by spreading lies and bullshit about everyone and everything connected to the shroomery.

Perlite, yes, perlite is good...

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#15311 - 05/06/00 08:51 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

lol
fear me, little one.
i grow stronger everyday.
first ADM, then DD, now the shroomery.
i'm coming for you, max.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

#15312 - 05/06/00 01:21 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

ha ha!

I wish you would come for me, I'd toss you off the ferry so bloody fast....

OfflinePsychonaut
seeker

Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
    #15313 - 05/07/00 12:55 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

URL]

[This message has been edited by Psychonaut (edited January 10, 2001).]

--------------------
FungusFun.com

Anonymous

#15314 - 05/07/00 02:30 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

No, I'm not the forgiving type!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder