Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
It's everyone's fantasy...
    #8811381 -

To fall in love with someone wealthy.

But what do you do when it actually happens?

I met this girl, we get along GREAT. She has nice things, but then again, she has a well-paying job, especially for her age. She kinda alluded to her family having a bit of money, but I just assumed upper-middle class. I didn't think too much about it.

We're completely in love... We've talked about having a family and a life together... then a couple weeks ago I was talking about how one of my friends acts like a bitch b/c her mom has come into a lot of money and she asked me how much money my friend's mom is worth... I said "I dunno, 4 or 5 million..." and she laughed and said "I have about twice that in my personal savings"

Turns out her dad is in the aquatic construction business (see: builds yachts) and they have A LOT of money.

I'm extremely intimidated by this. I'm meeking by at about $43k/yr and here's this girl who has millions... and she'll be getting her trust fund in a year or so. She isn't showy or flaunts her wealth, and she works hard. She's extremely down to earth for someone who had an extremely privileged life.

I love her, more than anyone else (aside family of course), and I felt that way BEFORE she told me this... and I think we're probably going to spend our lives together... but she talks about buying me things and totally paying for everything (house, cars, bills, etc). All she asks is that I have a career I love and that I finish my degree.

All of this is overwhelming. On one hand, there's that initial almost involuntary response of relief and happiness of knowing you and your children won't have to struggle... but on the other hand, I don't want her to ever feel like I only want her for her money and I know other people are going to hate on me... And I don't want to be dependent on her financially. My entire life I always worked for what I wanted. From doing extra chores when I was younger so my mom would buy me a toy, to getting a job as soon as I was old enough and paying for everything extra myself... to even struggling at a crappy $10/hr job when I first moved out. I've never had anything given to me, aside from birthdays and Christmas. I never really asked my parents for much, and when I did need money from them to make ends meet while I was struggling I always helped them out around the house to earn the extra money. Hell, I even have a second job right now that I don't necessarily NEED, but I just like having the extra  money.

There will be haters who will say I'm only with her for her money. I just hope no one gets to her.

I'm sure she knows I love her for who she is, not what she has... since I loved her before I found out.

She offers to buy me nice stuff a lot, but I always refuse. She's still sneaked a few things in on me... and when I thank her she smiles and says that she hasn't really started to spoil me.

uhm, yeah I just wanted to vent my feelings of being overwhelmed to someone, and I don't want to tell any of my friends. I think she does a good job of "hiding" this fact from people, and probably doesn't want everyone to know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8811414 -

Treat that woman well, and you'll be set for life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8811415 -

DO IT!!!!
MARRY HER

but dont invite any other mooches, be the only one.

this gives you a chance to have a job you actually like, a car that you actually like, a house you actually like, and many other things!!!

MARRY HER, and get to be friends with the father first, cus she might be frontin about the money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #8811511 -

Anonymous #3 said:
DO IT!!!!
MARRY HER

but dont invite any other mooches, be the only one.

this gives you a chance to have a job you actually like, a car that you actually like, a house you actually like, and many other things!!!

MARRY HER, and get to be friends with the father first, cus she might be frontin about the money.



this type of immature response is exactly what I'm NOT wanting, especially in the real world.

I do not want people to refer to me as a mooch.

I don't know if you're just kidding or what, but I guess this is one of those things people make comments like this... but if you were suddenly dropped in the same situation, you wouldn't like people to say things like this to you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8811552 -

I see your point, but she's probably going to get with someone, and it might as well be you. As long as you two love each other, does it really matter?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8811608 -

Honestly dude, don't feel bad. It's not like you're going to sit on your ass and expect to have everything you want. Show her you love her and you're not into her for the money... actions speak louder than words. You have a job, which is important. You guys will be comfortable for the rest of your lives.

The fact that youre a hard worker is good because it shows her you're not just in it for the money otherwise you'd be doing some dead end easy job makign $10/hour. I mean think about this... women want security from their man. The stereotypical situation is the male makes the income and the woman takes care of everything. Just because you happen to be on the other end of this doesn't mean anything. And I don't mean you're the one staying at home taking care of everything, I just mean she's the one who's providing financial security. And as long as your macho male ego is OK with this then there's nothing to worry about!

Don't lose her man, you love her and you won't have to struggle, what more could you ask for? Oh man... what I would give to have financial security for the rest of my life....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #8811827 -

GTFO with that 7th Heaven Shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #8811831 -

Anonymous #5 said:
GTFO with that 7th Heaven Shit



stfu and get real man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8811912 -

In all seriousness, shut the fuck up.

You just described the ideal life situation.

If you share the kind of bond you are describing, no one's going to "get to her."

Why would you NOT take a free ride?

Fuck.

You're GOING to do it. All you're REALLY doing by asking advice is RUBBING THAT SHIT IN THE REST OF OUR FACES.

Now SHUT THE FUCK UP, and get married.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #8812017 -

dude i resent that you think my advise is immature.

mooching off of somebody that gladly lets you mooch is not bad thing.  are you ashamed of being brought up by your parents?  are bill gates adopted kids complaining?

get over yourself and marry the girl you love why would it be a problem if shes super rich?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #8812026 -

btw if i was dropped in the same situation id already be married and be managing a restauraunt with personal recipies all donated by my rich lover.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #8812078 -

Anonymous #3 said:
btw if i was dropped in the same situation id already be married and be managing a restauraunt with personal recipies all donated by my rich lover.



This is what I am fucking talking about.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8812110 -

if you make 43k a year and are somehow just "meeking by"?

then what does that make someone like me who makes about 12k a year?
sometimes i dont eat!

you two should join forces and give money away to college kids who are actually looking to get a career behind them instead of partying
cause i think 10mil is a lot for one person to own, hell even 43k is an unfair amount.

what do you do for a living OP?
i work my ass off so hard i had 3 hernias in a month and i can barely put food on the table

i hope you feel cool about yourself now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #8812281 -

Anonymous #7 said:
if you make 43k a year and are somehow just "meeking by"?

then what does that make someone like me who makes about 12k a year?
sometimes i dont eat!

you two should join forces and give money away to college kids who are actually looking to get a career behind them instead of partying
cause i think 10mil is a lot for one person to own, hell even 43k is an unfair amount.

what do you do for a living OP?
i work my ass off so hard i had 3 hernias in a month and i can barely put food on the table

i hope you feel cool about yourself now




yeah man keep it real for this retard who thinks he has it bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #8812299 -

Anonymous #3 said:
yeah man keep it real for this retard who thinks he has it bad.



:werd:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #8812330 -

Lolz, I see what everyone's saying , and thinking, I'm jealous too,. I'd love a ferrari also, but let's not be haters....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8812345 -

Quote:
I'm meeking by at about $43k/yr


 

Shit, 43K is meeking by?  wtf...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #8812371 -

im probably not gonna break 9.000 this year

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #8812380 -

Marry the OP and fulfill your fantasy of marrying somebody wealthy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's everyone's fantasy... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8812390 -

yes marry her

it either works out and you live happily ever after
or you get a divorce and you score a grip of her cash

its a win win situation here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* RAGE THREAD
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 761 30 01/26/09 02:09 PM
by Anonymous
* .
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,531 21 12/01/07 11:12 PM
by Anonymous
* Crack head workin for me Anonymous 365 9 06/26/08 12:25 AM
by Anonymous
* .
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 940 48 07/22/09 03:08 AM
by Anonymous
* Why smart drug dealers don't sell psychedelics
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 4,870 64 12/12/09 12:16 PM
by Anonymous
* If you could pay to have other users banned... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,392 86 07/22/09 04:38 PM
by Anonymous
* I refuse to post anonymously here. Anonymous 2,118 13 04/08/10 07:23 PM
by Anonymous
* Talk to an anonymous stranger!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,692 89 07/08/09 10:35 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
1,046 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 18 queries.