Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Conscious Dreaming and Controlled Hallucinations
    #863430 - 09/04/02 12:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You all have to check this out, i stumbled on to it. And it tells a load of things that i experienced in my childhood years, and never understood!
DAMN, this is great >>  Conscious Dreaming and Controlled Hallucinations

HAVE FUN !!  :smile: 

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
Re: Conscious Dreaming and Controlled Hallucinations [Re: Fliquid]
    #863742 - 09/04/02 03:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Wow...I can't believe you found this. About 4 years ago, I stumbled upon this exact website. I was so fascinated by it that I actually used it for my high school pyschology final. Since then, I've lost the report, forgotten the web page, and have never thought again to search for it...almost forgot about it completely. I never did get around to trying any of the exercises either. I'm curious if this really works. Has anybody here tried this? It sounds very similar to lucid dreaming (which I haven't experienced) but with a little something extra...

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

Anonymous

Re: Conscious Dreaming and Controlled Hallucinations [Re: psilo25]
    #863920 - 09/04/02 05:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You've never had a lucid dream? Thats crazy... When I was like ten or eleven, I used to have really bad nightmares, and managed to teach myself awareness in dreams, and was able to lucid dream pretty well, for a kid. It ended when the nightmares did, though, for the most part. I think I'll be giving it another try, now.

OfflineSativaFan
Seeker
Loc: PA, USA
Re: Conscious Dreaming and Controlled Hallucinations [Re: ]
    #864097 - 09/04/02 07:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Very cool link, Fliquid. Are you familiar with the works of Carlos Casteneda? I think it might be right up your ally. Some good exerpts are located at http://www.prismagems.com/castaneda/

(broken link repaired - sorry)

Here is a sample:
"Anything is one of a million paths. Therefore you must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if you feel you should not follow it, you must not stay with it under any conditions. To have such clarity you must lead a disciplined life. Only then will you know that any path is only a path and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do. But your decision to keep on the path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition. I warn you. Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary.
This question is one that only a very old man asks. Does this path have a heart? All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush, or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long long paths, but I am not anywhere. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you...
For me there is only the traveling on the paths that have a heart, on any path that may have a heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length. And there I travel--looking, looking, breathlessly."

--------------------
The human psyche is infinitely more complex than our mundane or academic reasoning has led us to believe.
--Carlos Casteneda

Edited by SativaFan (09/05/02 02:33 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology